Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Best Character Adaptation?

Page 2 / 2
mayahabee
(@mayahabee)
NarniaWeb Regular

Eustace, hands down. Well, I haven't read VDT thoroughly, so I can't compare a lot between the Eustace in book and in the movie but I am impressed by Will's performance. He portrayed his character well. It was so awesome!

Posted : December 30, 2010 5:58 pm
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

I think Eustace, Edmund and Lucy. I think they just fleshed out the characters more but still faithful to the book.

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : December 31, 2010 3:53 am
CharlotteRose
(@charlotterose)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm going to say Eustace because i just loved him! He was so fresh and funny and I was already a big fan of Will so when I found out he was going to be in VDT I was like :D !!!!!
I think he had a great on screen presence and when he wasn't in a scene it sometimes seemed a bit flat and lifeless!?! I don't know if anyone else thought that?
Caspian was fab as well though and I really can't see anyone else playing King Caspian because Ben Barnes is just perfect, and a great actor in general!

Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!

Posted : February 1, 2011 7:57 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

No doubt about it, Eustace! he's the best adapted character so far in these films i think! :D ;)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : February 1, 2011 1:27 pm
Radagast of Mirkwood
(@radagast-of-mirkwood)
NarniaWeb Regular

I guess I'd say Lucy in the first two films at least, she was pretty spot on. Edmund and Eustace are close runner's up.

The other three I think are quite different, but only Aslan do I think the difference was negative.

Protector of the Birds and Beasts of Middle Earth.

Posted : February 16, 2011 3:16 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Well, it appears that the general agreement is that Eustace was the best adapted character in VDT. I quite agree, but like a lot of you I think that Edmund & Lucy were amazing too. :)

The other three I think are quite different, but only Aslan do I think the difference was negative.

What exactly about Aslan's portrayal did you think was negative (in VDT or otherwise)?

av by dot

Topic starter Posted : February 17, 2011 12:00 pm
Lilygloves
(@lilygloves)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I voted for Eustace in a similar poll, so I felt as though I owe it to Georgie to vote for Lucy. Will was fantastic as Eustace and they really captured his annoyingness, but Lucy had such a childlike faith. Her faith is the essense of Lucy. I love both of them so it was really hard to chose.

Posted : September 9, 2011 2:42 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: