Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Interested in Hosting a Lion Party?

Page 2 / 7
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I'll be hosting something in Christchurch New Zealand. Hope to encourage the local cinema to run a midnight screening, in which case we'll get together any time from about 9 pm and have snacks, a few games etc. Dressing up is fun too.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2010 1:13 am
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I plan on hosting a party in the lower central region of Alabama (think Montgomery or a little south of it). It will most likely be on opening day (because I won't be able to do one on Saturday down here).

OR

East Central Tennessee (near Murfreesboro)
Saturday afternoon

I won't be doing both of these, but whichever gains the most interest. I'd really like to do the one in AL though. Part of that is that I've just learned that the local theater here has a party room now, that I'm thinking we may try to get for this if there's enough interest.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2010 5:22 am
ramagut
(@ramagut)

... And then, IlF, we'll have one mammoth Lion Party for The Last Battle.

Oooo...start saving now. Where should we have it? I think we should go to Auntie! And have it in New Zealand! ;)

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2010 7:02 am
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

I am in New York. Is anyone having one there? Maybe my mom would let me host one.

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2010 2:46 pm
AJAiken
(@ajaiken)

Who is up for a UK Lion Party? :D

For Prince Caspian we had two, one in London at the UK Premiere and one in Edinburgh for the Cinema release. However, location will depend on who wants to come and where they're based ... ;) It would be great to see who is interested!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2010 10:13 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)

AJ--I would LOVE to go to one in the UK!!!!! ;) But, alas, we won't be going back there for quite some time. :(

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2010 8:14 am
Sonny
(@sonny)
NarniaWeb Nut

I am in New York. Is anyone having one there? Maybe my mom would let me host one.

Where in New York? The city or the state?

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2010 10:02 am
joy93
(@joy93)
NarniaWeb Nut

i wish some one would have one in tennesse!!! no one i know is Narnia Nut :) like me soooo i will probably have my own little party with one of my good friends!! she is not as crazy about it as i am but she definatly wants to see it!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2010 12:00 pm
Fire Fairy
(@fire-fairy)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Is there anyone in Northern Utah who would/could/want to come if I did one here?

beloved, I live in the Salt Lake area, but I'll be up in Idaho for school when the movie comes out. However, if your party's on a weekend, I could definitely come! I might even round up a few friends from school that might want to come! :p

Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2010 2:45 pm
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

Sonny, I am in the state of New York. Although, I would love to go to New York City if they do an interview or signing.

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2010 3:21 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Who is up for a UK Lion Party? :D

I might be tempted to say a tentative maybe to that ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2010 12:05 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)

I might be tempted to say a tentative maybe to that ;)

Oooo...icarus, if you are planning on going, maybe I can convince ceppault to spend the money on tickets to the UK!!!! He wants to meet you so badly! Then you too could talk about your maps in person! ;))

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2010 12:59 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Maybe I'll do a party. It would be in New Hampshire, probably the Nashua/Manchester area. I still have to ask my parents and work out some of the details, but Liberty Hoffmand and I were already planning on going together with a few other friends- we're gonna try to dress up too :D .

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2010 5:36 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Time: TBD, but opening weekend

I'm still in the process of hammering out the details, but right now the LP is tentatively planned for Friday or Saturday evening at a lovely AMC theater in Naperville. All NWeb members are invited, and you are of course encouraged to bring friends and family. There will probably be goodie bags and trivia games before the movie, and then a post-movie pizza party at a CPK across the lot. I look forward to seeing everyone there!

*nearly faints wif' excitement* One near here! There's a 96% chance that we'll be attending this.

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2010 8:34 am
Queen Susan
(@queen-susan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hey! If anyone's interested in one around Omaha, Nebraska--might be able to work it out. :) I won't plan anything unless I know other people are coming... Then I'd have to work out the dates and stuff. :p

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2010 11:37 am
Page 2 / 7
Share: