Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How did your Lion Party go?

the4signs[repeat]
(@the4signsrepeat)
NarniaWeb Regular

Report here after the Lion Party in your area. How did it go? How many Nariawebbers attended? Did you make a new friend? Was it a positive experience or did it tank? 8-|
It will be fun to compare Lion Parties; which were the best attended, the most fun, the most creative, or even the biggest dismal failure! (As in, you were the only one to show up!)
This is the place to share your story of success or failure! ;;)

Grammatical garden or the Arbour of Accidence pleasantly open'd to Tender Wits by Puverulentus Siccus

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 8, 2010 10:24 am
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

My party went awesome. There were no narniawebbers in attendance, but my friends and I went as the following characters. Edmund, Lucy, Susan, Gael, Reepicheep, Aslan, two different crew members, Lilliandil, and the white witch. We met people before the movie and took pictures with other moviegoers the whole time staying in character. All the Pevensies stayed British sounding and could not figure out if they were in Narnia or England. Reepicheep was trying to figure out if he had made it to Aslan's country or not. And we could not keep Susan and Lilliandil from fighting over who would win Caspian. Lillliandil won :) The white witch was convinced that she owned the theater and Narnia still. Gael kept looking for her mother. Edmund was confused and kept telling everyone that no one tells him anything. We had some interest in starting a Narnia club. Yesterday the paper posted our picture with the title "Narnia Mania hits Amsterdam" with a brief discussion about what happened. We had the soundtrack playing in all the theaters that the movie had not started, and we each stormed in through different doors of the theater. I will post pictures later in more details on the before party.

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 15, 2010 3:42 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

Thats sound really funny i might have one with my friends if sc ever gets made.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2010 10:48 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

QueenSusanJ316, it sounds like you had a lot of fun. I don't think I'd have the nerve to do that.

The Twin Cities' Lion Party was yesterday. It was tons of fun. I haven't had that much fun in a long time. We did have a little trouble finding each other at first. Cell phones are only helpful with they have enough signal to actually ring. :p Movie Aristotle called me and I missed it, and then I called him and he didn't answer. We finally found each other, although we never did met up with one of the people who said he'd be there. :- The NarniaWebbers who attended, besides me, were Movie Aristotle and the4signs[repeat]. It was a bit awkward at first (well at least for me) but pretty soon all of that disappeared. We started out going through Underwater Adventure. The first fish we saw was a fuzzy dwarf lionfish. We thought that was appropriate. Next, we sat in the food court and did activities. First, we wrote some limericks. Since we didn't have much time, they results weren't the best. :p Then, we did a type of scavenger hunt where we looked around and tried to find things that reminded us of the places and characters on the list. After that, it was time for the movie. We saw it in 3D. It was the first time the4signs[repeat]'s first time seeing it, so she didn't know what to expect. We ended up laughing at parts that shouldn't be funny based on her reactions. It was a lot of fun. (It didn't happen too often so I don't think we bothered anyone else. I think the theater was pretty empty anyway. :( ). After the movie, we discussed it. It was so wonderful to talk with other passionate Narnia fans about the movie. :D The only really bad thing was that the Lion Party ended too soon. :( I could have gone on talking for a long time. Well, I mean I wouldn't run out of things to say; my voice was already beginning to go. :p I don't think I had been talking all that much ... :- maybe it was just because the air was so dry in there. :-

It's a shame it is so long between the movies. :( That means it will be a long time before another Lion Party. :( If any more movies even get made.

I think the Seven Friends of Narnia had the right idea: getting together occasionally to (how did they put it "jaw"?) about Narnia and eat.

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 23, 2010 12:34 pm
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

Actually we ended up in the newspaper under the heading "Narnia Mania sweeps Amsterdam." Oops I forgot I had posted that already. After the fun I had at the lion party I am starting a club and we plan to go to the Narnia exhibit when it comes near us.

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 24, 2010 3:05 am
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I didn't exactly have a Lion Party but me, my bro and Mom dressed up (Lucy and Ed in PC school uniforms, and Mrs. Mcready), and we went w/ friends, and ate out afterward. :) It was fun.

Lu

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2011 6:19 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I didn't really do I Lion Party, but I went to see it with my family and I dressed as Lucy and my sister dressed as Caspian :P (she did it for PC too).
by coincidence, a family we know happened to walk in at the exact same time as us and sit next to us! so it was sort of like going as a group! :D :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2011 7:19 am
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Which movie were you from as Lucy, Libby?

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 25, 2011 1:30 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I think the Seven Friends of Narnia had the right idea: getting together occasionally to (how did they put it "jaw"?) about Narnia and eat.

I totally agree! That is a great idea!

we plan to go to the Narnia exhibit when it comes near us.

Would that be the Buffalo one? Because some of us mods are talking about going to that. Maybe we could try to go together.
And it sounds like you all had an amazing time at your LP!!

Love God, love people

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2011 2:33 am
Share: