Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Well, I'm back: Forum departures and returns

Page 3 / 8
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

@valiantarcher , @jo , and @rose , it has been a long LONG time! Unfortunately I seem to already be failing at the "hanging around" aspect of things, considering the last post I made here was 6 months ago. D\'oh I've been diagnosed with severe health issues and have been struggling to keep up with everything now. It's hard to even look at a computer! 

That said, I do hope to find some more time around here to catch up with everyone again. The forum has been such a big part of my life, and I do miss catching up with everyone and being able to sit down with a good Narnia book again! Once school ends in a few weeks, I hope to have a bit more time to myself to work on healing and catching up with life. But it sure is good to see familiar faces return to the board! Hello to everyone! Grin Hug  

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 16, 2021 10:00 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Gen! @thegentlewarrior, I am so sorry to hear that you are struggling with serious health issues. Sad I truly hope you have good medical and personal support around you. Sure glad you dropped by here again, even after six months. Hug It is always good to see you! Wishing you well as you finish off this school year soon. Smile  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2021 5:51 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

@thegentlewarrior Hug I'm so sorry to hear you've had some major health issues! Sad But ditto Jo - it's always good to see you on, even if it has to be every six months or so! Smile

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2021 8:07 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

@TheGentleWarrior Gen, it's so good to see you back again, but I'm so sorry to hear you're dealing with health issues. Sad I will be praying for you as you wrap up school and seek healing, and I hope to see you around on the forum more after that. We're here for you. Hug

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2021 10:24 am
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

I couldn't imagine dealing with health issues and school at the same time.  All the best and wishes for a speedy recovery!

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2021 3:47 pm
High King Pete The Magnificent
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm back!

Was gone for ab 2 months as a camp counselor, but I'm glad to be back on NW, missed you guys so much! : )

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant
A Narnian Fan Survey!: https://forms.gle/cGghFjQyxmA4jPGq6

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 7, 2021 8:11 pm
coracle liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Welcome back, @highkingpete! Grin It's such a growing and learning experience being a camp counselor, isn't it?! Is this your first year of this responsibility, or have you done this before? Glad to see you back! Smile  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2021 7:20 am
High King Pete The Magnificent
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

Posted by: @jo

Is this your first year of this responsibility, or have you done this before?

Yeah, it was! It was a pretty dedicated camp too, so everyone was detached from the internet as much as possible and outside in activities. An awesome 8-weeks mentoring kids that was definitely a learning experience (as were the times I forgot to wear sun screen Thumbs down )

Glad to be back and posting however!

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant
A Narnian Fan Survey!: https://forms.gle/cGghFjQyxmA4jPGq6

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 9, 2021 6:53 pm
Cleander and johobbit liked
GracePevensie15
(@gracepevensie15)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb

I left and came back, then I left and I'm back again... 🤣 Hey guys!! I've missed this fun little corner of the internet! I just got back from Disneyland which was super fun. Our family also went on a boat ride at Newport Beach, and I feel you @HighKingPete. I didn't put on enough sunscreen and I'm regretting it!

So happy to be back! Also, who else is pumped for the new season of Talking Beasts?!

Life is short, live it well ♥️

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2021 8:30 pm
KingEdTheJust
(@kingedthejust)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @gracepevensie15

I just got back from Disneyland which was super fun.

Welcome back Grace!  You went to Disneyland! Lucky you! (Never been there before Grin

Posted by: @gracepevensie15

Also, who else is pumped for the new season of Talking Beasts?!

Yes! As I am also sure everyone else on Narniaweb is too. I have been waiting all summer. 

By the way, Happy Belated Birthday! Party  

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did." - (King Edmund the Just, Horse and his Boy)

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 29, 2021 8:55 pm
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Was feeling deeply sentimental for this place recently, glad I still remember this password!

NarniaWeb, while I certainly wasn't as involved with it as many of you, was really important to me. It was my first internet community- the site where my perspective on the internet shifted from being, "A place for information," to, "A place for people." And I desperately needed that community back in middle school when I was first on here.

Of course, being in my second year of grad school now, reading back through my old posts is simultaneously warmly nostalgic and profoundly embarrassing. Thank you to everyone who was there for welcoming me with open arms, despite my inexplicable lack of ability to use spell check. 

I may pop on here from time to time as I try to avoid work. 🤫 

memento mori

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 12:52 pm
Gretel, fantasia, Courtenay and 2 people liked
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

^ This. This is why I put so much energy into preserving the old forum during the migration. So people like you could pop back on, soak up all the nostalgia and good times, and recoil in embarrassment from your middle school-era posts. Grin Giggle

It's great to see you back on and we're so glad that you continue to enjoy this place, all these years later! I've been involved with several forum communities in my time on the internet, but this one has always stuck out to me as extra special — hence why I'm still here years and years later. Giggle Drop in as often as you like. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 1:02 pm
Gretel, johobbit, fantasia and 3 people liked
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie
Posted by: @rose

This is why I put so much energy into preserving the old forum during the migration.

Well I'm glad I could make the effort feel worthwhile! Thank you so much for putting in that work. I can't imagine how crushed I would have been to come back and find all of that gone. 

I agree! I was on many other forums after joining NarniaWeb, but very few of them I can even remember, much less come back and post on! Everyone on here has really made this place something special, and I'm so grateful. 

memento mori

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 1:07 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hey all,

I have made the decision to step away from NW for a while. I definitely plan on coming back at some point, but it probably won't be until sometime in the new year. 

Unless there's some unexpected/good news about the Netflix series before then.  

Anyhow, it's been an honour and a privilege to be part of this community for the last 2 years, and you are all an amazing group of people!

Further up and further in, everyone!

- Glenwit 

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2021 1:58 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@glenwit I think that would be a good thing to take a break. The holidays can get kind of crazy. I've only been here for a short awhile, but it's been great joining in the discussion.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2021 2:10 pm
Page 3 / 8
Share: