Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Well, I'm back: Forum departures and returns

Page 2 / 8
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

I am back, and saw the new updated forums. very nice. school has started for me.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 24, 2020 9:53 am
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hello everyone. It has been quite awhile.... I do apologize to everyone for my untimely and unexpected disappearance. I've been gone long enough for the forums to switch over and update, so now here I am again ready to explore things and try to catch up. Fingers crossed I can hang around fairly consistently. 🙂

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 6:00 pm
johobbit liked
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

It's good to see you on again, @thegentlewarrior! Grin Hope to see you around a lot more! Smile

Some days you battle yourself and other monsters. Some days you just make soup.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 6:14 pm
johobbit liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Gen!!! Hug (@thegentlewarrior) Am I/are we glad to see you here! You have been missed and it will be great having you around NWeb again. Grin  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 6:17 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

@thegentlewarrior I've been so insanely busy I somehow missed your return, Gen! Welcome back! Hug I've thought about you often, and I'm so excited to hear (via Getting to Know You) that you're following your passion and teaching dance. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 27, 2020 10:55 pm
johobbit liked
MinotaurforAslan
(@minotaurforaslan)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Well this place looks different. ? 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2020 10:35 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

^ And there's a mobile version, too! Grin Belated, but nice to see your "face" on the forum again, @MinotaurforAslan. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 6, 2020 7:03 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I haven't been here in a long time and since I noticed the update trying to look for an old member here, I decided to pop in.  Since I was here last I'm assuming many people have grown up, gone to college, gotten new jobs, etc etc etc  Hope everyone is healthy.  Not going to bring up anything sad given the times we are living in now... just saying hello and Happy New Year!   Note: just noticing my signature is terribly dated....that Will Poulter isn't so small anymore is he?!  Smile  

This post was modified 4 years ago by stateofgreen

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2021 12:39 am
johobbit liked
johobbit
(@jo)

'Tis so good to see you both, @minotaurforaslan and @stateofgreen. It is always lovely when members who have not been around for awhile come back to say hi! We hope you're both well. Yes, a lot of growing up has taken place here over the years, stateofgreen. Giggle

A Happy New Year to you both! Star  

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2021 7:21 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

I remember you from the Old Days, @stateofgreen! It's nice to see your username again. Hope you're doing well. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2021 10:58 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

It's just me, Quin. It seems to have slipped past me in the last year that the forum had a makeover. Looking spiffy! Coming here always feels like a second home. I sure spent a good bit of my life on here back in the day. Certainly made many friends and memories since I joined in 2007. Heavens where has time gone...

How lovely that so many familiar names are still here and good to see we still have our 'Old-Time Smileys' with us in this new forum age.  Giggle     

Looking forward to poking around here more regularly again. Hope everyone is well. 

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 10, 2021 9:16 pm
coracle, The Scribbler, Adeona and 4 people liked
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

@Quinlin! Hug So glad to see your "face" (well, technically William Moseley's Giggle ) on the forum again!

I'm glad you are enjoying the Old-Timey Smileys; it took a long time to import them all, but I was not leaving them behind. Tongue They just make the place feel like home. ❤️ 

Let me know if you have any questions about navigating the new digs, and welcome back! Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2021 11:30 am
Adeona and johobbit liked
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

Back in the days before LWW came to the big screen I was a regular here under the name "Smooshy".  I even got to lead one of the novel discussions.  "The Horse and the Boy", I think.  Saw the movies on tv again a few years back and felt like coming back.  Don't post very often but I check back periodically.  I hope that Netflix series comes to be some day.  That would be fun.  I am in the midst of introducing the books to my kids as they are finally old enough.  I don't know if they are falling in love with them the way I did.  For me, it was "love at first sight".   I think they are warming up to it though. 

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2021 11:27 pm
Courtenay liked
johobbit
(@jo)

Welcome back, Mrs Smooshy / @mrs-smooshy. Wave How exciting so much has transpired in your life since before LWW film was released. I've been reading your other posts too and wanted to high-five a fellow Canadian. Grin There are only a few of us on here, but we are mighty! LOL Further up and further in! Smile  

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 29, 2021 7:51 am
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

@jo

Always glad to see a fellow Canuck.  It is crazy how much time has flown.  I remember the old days before the movies came out so clearly.  But I got married the year "Caspian" came out and I was pregnant with my oldest when I saw "Voyage" in cinemas and he will be 10 this summer so that kind of makes it hard to ignore.  I'm only now ordering the DVD (Canada Post is so slow!) because I was kind of unhappy with it as an adaptation but I feel desperate for more Narnia in any way I can get it.  And I think the kids would like to see another Narnia story with the same actors in it.  Though my son is put out Peter won't be in it because he's really gotten attached to that character.  We have the BBC versions on DVD but it's slower moving and the kids didn't seem as interested.  Plus it is too close to the books and gives too much away so I don't want to show them before I get the chance to read the books to them.

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 29, 2021 3:27 pm
johobbit liked
Page 2 / 8
Share: