Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Welcome to Forum 3.0 — FAQ, Feedback, & Questions

Page 3 / 3
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I tried to quote something a few days ago, and I gave up.

Now with this instruction, I have hope of succeeding next time - thank you, rose Applause  

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 12, 2020 7:17 pm
Ellesar
(@ellesar)
Member Hospitality Committee

Post count archived forum: 17,991

Post count new forum: 610

See the armies so arrayed,
Line on line, ten thousand strong.
See the Dragon King’s sharp blade,
Rising to a song!
See his enemies laid low!
Hear our voices sing:
Let glory crown the victor’s brow,
In the Hall of the Dragon King!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2020 8:22 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Previous forum count: 20470 posts

New forum count:  5505

Does that seem right?

Edited: [Difference of 4965, plus another 34 posted on the previous forum after the migration, and another 35 posted on here, current balance 5540]

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 13, 2020 10:03 pm
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Popping on for the first time in years for a quick question- is there or will there be an option to change usernames? 

Say for instance- someone made their account when they were in 6th grade a decade ago and would prefer to change it to something more relevant? Purely hypothetically, of course. Wink  

memento mori

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2020 9:45 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

@Boy-scout, if you saw my previous reply, ignore it! Because it was all wrong. 😉 I misunderstood what could be changed and what couldn't. Your log in info will always be your current username, but we CAN change your username, and I have no problem doing so. 😉 Just send a PM my way (or to The Rose-Tree Dryad might get a quicker response) of what you would like to change it to. 🙂 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2020 10:07 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Two questions; actually three:

1) As far as I can see, we do not have 5 minutes to edit a sent PM on this forum, correct?

2) On the old forum, a user's name would be shown as being active for 5 minutes as long as one didn't refresh the page (or something like that Tongue ), but it seems to be different here, yet I haven't figured out a pattern. Giggle   Hmmm How does that work here?

( 3) What's with the font messing up again?! LOL )

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2020 10:15 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator
Posted by: @johobbit

1) As far as I can see, we do not have 5 minutes to edit a sent PM on this forum, correct?

No, as far as I can tell. Sad It's on my list of asks for the forum developers, though.

2) On the old forum, a user's name would be shown as being active for 5 minutes as long as one didn't refresh the page (or something like that Tongue ), but it seems to be different here, yet I haven't figured out a pattern. Giggle   Hmmm How does that work here?

Currently, a user's online status is set to time-out if there's no activity after 5 minutes. So if you log-out, I think it will show that you're still online for about five minutes afterwards. So in theory it should be similar to the previous forum, but I haven't tested it with a timer yet. Giggle

( 3) What's with the font messing up again?! LOL )

I'm genuinely puzzled. Hmmm Even stranger is that it's showing up normal-sized in the quotes as I'm typing this in the post editor, but when I look at the post in Preview, the font sizes are varied. Did you copy/paste anything when you were writing the post?

There should be a fix (or two) along the way in the next forum update that will help with this problem, but I'm not sure when that next update is scheduled for release. Until then, one thing you can do is copy the entirety of your post, and then re-paste it into the post editor with the key command Control + Shift + V. You'll have to add any smileys/italics/quotes back in, but this will remove any HTML barnacles that are clinging to the text. Giggle

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 30, 2020 10:48 am
johobbit liked
Narnia nymph
(@narnia-nymph)
NarniaWeb Regular

Post count archived forum: 116

Post count new forum: 9

I was also able to re save the last avatar I had and put it here (since you weren't able to tranfer them over) and delete a few messages that were deleted before I received them. 

Check out my fan fiction story: https://stormy-lass.livejournal.com

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 13, 2021 4:59 pm
rainyweather
(@rainyweather)
NarniaWeb Nut

I don't know that I'm putting this question in the right place, but I'm not sure where else it might go.

Anywho, I just joined NarniaWeb for the first time almost two weeks ago. I had never used an online forum such as this for communication before and my experience with social media is very limited. But I think I've just about got it figured out now Grin .

However, I do have one question. I've seen things in peoples signatures saying something like "founder of such and such club, PM me to join". This made me curious and I've been wondering, what are clubs? (What does it mean to join a club, what does it entail, how do they work, etc.?)

I suppose that's multiple questions, but they're all essentially the same Giggle .

"We shall all, in the end,
be led to where we belong.
We shall all, in the end,
find our way home."

- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2022 11:27 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@rainyweather it's quite a historical thing, from earlier years when the movies came out and we had a very big active membership. People made clubs but I have no idea what they actually did!  It was a good way to make friends with people whose interests were similar.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2022 3:47 pm
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Question: How do you make your username and avatar display on the News Article comments sections? 

Is it something that only the moderators etc have enabled?

Thanks,

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 10, 2023 1:07 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator
Posted by: @icarus

Question: How do you make your username and avatar display on the News Article comments sections? 

Is it something that only the moderators etc have enabled?

Thanks,

Those avatars are actually generated through a service called Gravatar, which is owned by WordPress (the software NarniaWeb is built on). If you want your avatar to show up on news stories, you'll have to set up an account with that. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 10, 2023 5:15 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: