Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Vintage Television

Page 8 / 8
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@snowangel I was just thinking today that we haven't had cowboy movies or tv shows re-screened for a long time. Aw, the High Chapparel! And Bonanza before it (which I barely saw an episode of).
Our TV channels are desperate for a change; perhaps we could see some of the old 60s-70s historical dramas of that sort (perhaps a bit cringey now, but fun!)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 10, 2024 6:36 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@coracle 

It took me a while to like The Pickwick Papers.  The humor is a bit evasive, but after I watched the old TV miniseries I liked it more.  The novel is kind of lengthy, but of course reading Dickens requires patience.  The book has a lot of interesting funny characters including Pickwick and Sam Weller.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 11, 2024 5:50 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

The Heroes & Icons broadcast TV channel is running its annual "Rod, White, and Blue" marathon of The Twilight Zone for 4 days this holiday weekend. I've seen the entire original series more than once, but have peeked in on this marathon a few times the past couple days. While some episodes are rather mediocre, I'm reminded of just how  many good episodes this show had.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2024 12:28 pm
Narnian78 liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@stargazer 

I have seen the original Twilight Zone many times and I never tire of watching the episodes. A few years ago I bought the DVD set of the complete series The Definitive Edition which contains every episode and many bonus features.  The set was expensive but well worth it.  I think it was probably the best set ever made of the series. It is now out of print, but I think there are other sets available.  I never regretted buying collections of my favorite classic TV shows— especially ones like Twilight Zone and Night Gallery.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 6, 2024 2:42 pm
Page 8 / 8
Share: