Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 117 / 125
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

Tomorrow Big Jaq will arrive, and I was hoping to upgrade some of all the spicy leaves I've got at Queso Canyon this year.

Won't happen.

I've converted them all into the relevant cheeses as I've gone along, and I have less than 10 of each leaf type left. I don't think cheese can be upgraded - it cannot even be sold. It can only be used for hunting - I have enough for months of solid hunting in the Prickly Plains. *facepalm*

Edit:

Make that months of normal hunting but sticking only in the Plains.

If I can put in 99 hunts per day, I can cover the two weeks of the event (with 134 Flamin' Queso, 384 Hot Queso, 241 Medium Queso and 635 Mild Queso).

I cannot see myself doing 99 hunts per day, though. Certainly not for two weeks. I'd call 50 hunts an active day.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : June 28, 2021 7:06 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I'm personally done with the mini event and I have to admit it was nice to take a break from the Floating Isles for a bit. I'm not working hard core towards getting 500 Queen Quesada, but I did add an additional 50 to my total count, which is not bad at all considering I wasn't really trying. I have somewhere over 300 now. 
It was also nice to restock my supply of Wild Tonic, which I will use for future treasure maps. 

Back to the Floating Isles with lots of pirate maps and lots of jewels until the next event or new area comes out. Smile  

Posted : July 7, 2021 12:32 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I blew out the candles on my Magical Birthday Cake this morning and got 130 SB for playing MH for 13 years. Grin Cake  

Posted : July 13, 2021 8:07 am
ceppault and starkat liked
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

As high summer comes to the north and the blistering heat sweeps over the plains causing updrafts and maelstroms, i can’t help but think of one for whom speedy winds would benefit
.  One who arrives around this time each year

What’s on your Ronza wishlist everybody?!

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : July 14, 2021 9:29 am
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

From Ronza: Anything to speed up FI cycles or boost my Queso and VRift progress.

Then again, I'm trying to save up gold for trap parts and such, so maybe I don't want to be tempted by Ronza's wares.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : July 14, 2021 3:12 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Here are some wishes:

CHARMS:

Golden Jewel Charm: similar to the monger charm, this charm would cause paragons to drop additional loot with even a possibility for an AEJ

Floating Loot Charm: While armed, the amount of sky glass or sky ore dropped by mice are increased by 50%

TRAPS

Chrome: There are currently no chrome based traps that are law, dragon or forgotten types (to my knowledge). I don’t foresee them “chroming” any of the floating island traps yet, so i think the most likely candidate to get dipped in chrome would be the dragon slayer cannon as it is a unique, top of the line and “end of the line” trap.

Wouldn’t mind a new rift trap either. I have the best one in the game right now, but i foresee the inevitability forthcoming tribal isles rift to be daunting

BASES:

The Pirate Pummeler Base: A base that is exceptionally effective against pirates in the floating islands and has a chance to double the amount of pirate sky seals they drop 

The prickly pear base: While using this base to farm spice leaves, there is always a chance for mice to drop leaves one level higher than they should (e.g. mice that usually drop mild leaves drop medium, mice that drop hot drop flaming, etc
)

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : July 14, 2021 5:30 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I admit I've been Ronza'd out for the past few years. Giggle It's cool if she brings something useful, but more often than not I restock on charms I'm low on and call it good for another year. So I only take up 5 min of her time. Tongue  

Now last year she ushered in the Floating Isles if I recall correctly, so perhaps this year she'll bring the FI expansion with her and THAT I am looking forward to. Grin  

Posted : July 15, 2021 9:32 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Coming in here real fast to say that I had a very Ronza-looking update on the mobile app today. So there ya go @digorykirke Grin  

Posted : July 16, 2021 8:43 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I've found that Ronza will bring what is high up on my wish list: Fulmina's charged toothlet (costs 1 Chrome bit, and I hope to collect 4 or 5 hundred before Tuesday,10 August). I need them for my Denture Base.

I hope she will bring charms, too, not necessarily new ones, but some strong ones of those we already know. Just for general boosting of catch rate.

On my profile list of uncollected weapons there is now a Chrome School of Sharks Trap. Isn't that a new one - one that she will bring?

Posted : July 25, 2021 6:58 pm
starkat liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @varna

On my profile list of uncollected weapons there is now a Chrome School of Sharks Trap. Isn't that a new one - one that she will bring?

I don't have it. Cool! Looking forward to it. 😀 

Just obtained my Hazardous Materials Crate. Just what I always wanted. LOL One and a half more days until Ronza!!

Posted : July 25, 2021 7:15 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I've bought the kit and crafted the Chrome School of Sharks trap, and even briefly used it.

I guess that the Hazardous Materials are Rocket fuel, to use at the Empyrean Sky Palace. I'm not able to buy the High Altitude Flight License yet, I need 3 more HAI loot. They ought to take less than a week to get, though.

I'm still farming (and buying) chrome bits to buy Ful'mina's Charged Toothlets. I even considered getting the Living Grove Base - but I've already got it! I've probably never used it, but I'm using it right now, hunting for a Nightshade Masquerade for a map.

Even this year I won't buy everything Ronza's got. I'm not a collector, so I don't need one of each - I stick with items that I find useful one way or another (including Airship cosmetics sets just for their entertainment value because they're pretty. Those that are pretty). I'll see whether there are more charms I could buy for gold, though.

Posted : July 27, 2021 11:28 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Got some stuff from Ronza, but aside from the Chrome School of Sharks trap, I don't even remember what I bought. Giggle  

At any rate, trying to get the hang of the Sky Palace with minimal spoilers, though I don't think there's too much to strategize here. For me personally, once I get all the mice I'll mostly be focused on collecting as many Empyrean Seals as possible. 

So far I have the Glamorous Gladiator, the Sky Glider, and the Aristo-Cat Burglar for the new trap-type mice, as well as the Empyrean Appraiser for the semi-boss mice. 3/8 codex pages towards the Empyrean Codex. 

Moving right along. Smile  

Posted : August 21, 2021 3:10 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I want not only to catch all the mice, but to bronze them as well (most mice, that is). Some of the new Sky Palace mice I've bronzed during the first run of their vault (I've only done 2 or 3 vaults so far), and others I've got 5 or 6 catches of. I think about 10 more vaults should give me all the new FI bronzes - and as I'm more than halfway to bronzing the Paragons, that should get done while I'm collecting the Storm Cells (mostly from the Paragons) for those vaults.

I might take some breaks from FI before I do all that. I need to upgrade my Prestige base, and I ought to make most of the new event season and some of the auras for that. It would be good to craft some more Ultimate charms, too (I have some Shattering charms for boss bronzing in Sand Crypts and Lost City for those).

This afternoon I watched the Feedback Friday - they had Treasure maps as their theme. Season 9 will start some time in November, and they are hoping to make some improvements as well as setting up new weapons to hunt for. I'll mention a couple of their suggestions.

In the FI Pirate maps we have often used the Map Corkboard to tell the other hunters on the maps which Paragons we'll be hunting for, so that we won't needlesslly go to the same HA Island. The Devs are now working on a way to mark on the mouse list on the corkboard of a map which mouse/mice we're aiming for. Sounds very useful to me. They're still working on both how to do it and how to display it, so they don't know whether it will be ready before November.

They have also been considering how (if at all) to do something about the question of kicking peple out of maps if the map owner isn't satisfied with their work. The trouble is to make it difficult to abuse for both map owner and hunter. They are suggesting that the owner must announce his map as kickable or non-kickable, so that hunters considering an invite, will know what to expect. They are also suggesting that when an owner kicks out a hunter, all the catches this hunter has done, disappear with him - that way the owner cannot have one group/hunter doing all the work and then kick them/him out and give the rewards to a different group/hunter.

Non-kickable maps is what we've had all along. For kickable maps, both deciding what rules to follow and programming how those rules should be implemented in the game, still need to be worked out. So I guess that this is even more likely to be left for next year's map season. But it's interesting that they are looking seriously at the problem.

Posted : August 27, 2021 10:02 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

A couple days ago I finished up the Sky Palace mice, caught my eighth Empyrean Empress, and bought the Codex.

Now that I've run through everything, my favorite setup for the Sky Palace is definitely four keys. My second favorite (surprisingly) is the fragments of Raw Ancient Jade. It's nice to restock on those charms and then buy my way up to the higher level charms. 

I currently have 45 Jewels and I'm amazed at how rapidly they're coming in now compared to how slow they were early on. I bet I will have the last two traps I need by the end of the CNY event next year. Trying to decide which trap to get next. I WAS going to do the arcane trap, but now I'm thinking I may just go straight for the Tactical trap. 

Posted : September 18, 2021 4:18 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Nice work! I've been focusing on maximizing my Storm Cells, so I haven't made it around to all the power types/mice available. I think I'm still missing 4 mice; I can't help it; I just want to do Hydro or Tactical! 😀 

I've also been keeping reserves of Pirate Seals/Empyrean Seals/Cells because the new Relic Hunter season and Halloween are coming soon. Sky Palace maps are also coming soon and we know they will cost both types of seals. Just want to make sure I have enough to buy one outright when the time comes.

I also have been taking little breaks away from FI because I also have a BIG goal of accumulating resources so I can go on an epic UUU vRift run between Halloween and CNY. I've decided that upgrading my Prestige base takes priority over the last few FI traps because the base will serve me better in the long run. I've been taking advantage of the Discord market and paying SB for slots on VRift maps so I can restock my supply of RULPCs. I still have about 200ish to go, but considering I started with like 20...not bad. I've decided I'm not cutting any corners on this run because I only want to do it once and never ever again lol. TE14 is the minimum goal.

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 21, 2021 10:17 am
Page 117 / 125
Share: