Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Thanksgiving 2023 ~ I'm Thankful For

SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

It's that time of year again....November, one of my favorite months which includes one of my favorite traditions.

Every year I start this thread the beginning of the month with my favorite Thanksgiving tradition and a prompt to the share what you are thankful. My family has a jar (or two or three) that we fill with candy and nuts with each piece being for a different person, place, or thing we were thankful for. We call it "thankful fors". In recent years we have written them down and filled a notebook with the people, places, and things we are thankful to God for. Some days we have a theme like a favorite meal, places we have been, people we know, books, items around the house, or two years ago we started drawing Scrabble tiles most days and did our "thankful fors" starting with the letter drawn. The Scrabble tile draws have made for some great ideas and some bad ones, but mainly it has brought additional laughter to our family time. Smile  So, out of all the traditions through out the whole year, I think this might be my very favorite...and I just realized we have done this for over 20 years. Grin  

For those in the US, Canada, and other countries that have an official Thanksgiving Day:

• Do you usually have a traditional Thanksgiving meal (for example in the US - turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc.)?
  • Do you have any favorite traditions or memories of Thanksgiving?

For all NarniaWebbers:

• What are you thankful for this year? 
Today I'm thankful for...
~God the Father
~my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ
~the Holy Spirit
~the Bible
~my family
~the Mod Squad Hug  
~All of the wonderful people here on NarniaWeb! Smile  
~laughter
~coffee
~books

That's just my starter list, more to come in future posts through out the month. Smile  
SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 3, 2023 10:32 am
coracle, fantasia, Cleander and 1 people liked
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
I'm thankful for...
~cookie dough
~game nights with my siblings
~new Christmas music
~pumpkins
~apples
~apple cider
~sweaters
~mittens

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 8, 2023 9:03 am
fantasia and Cleander liked
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

*rematerializes from the ether* 

This year I'm quite thankful for: 

- NARNIAAA!

- eh, life, I guess

- a new job

- a long break from school!!!

- Reese's 

- game nights (and days, and weeks and years) with my siblings

- new Narnia news!

- medieval armor

- getting to finally start learning fencing! 

- a cool stick i found

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 8, 2023 4:44 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
I'm thankful for...
~audiobooks
~hardcover books
~softcover books 
~new books
~old books Giggle  
~Psalms
~cameras
~photography
~quilts
~wool
~cotton fabric

Love your list, @the-mad-poet-himself! Grin  

I think we are getting close to having a Thanksgiving menu that includes more than just brisket, cheesy potatoes, and cranberry jello salad, although that's not a bad little menu. Giggle I stumbled across a new pumpkin pie recipe that I might try depending on who ends up making what for Thanksgiving, so far I just know that little bro and I are making the cheesy potatoes again this year because this duo makes the best cheesy potatoes ever. Wink  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 18, 2023 12:26 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I've thankful for my church family especially in the last few months. This year our pastor both his father to natural causes and his wife to cancer. It's been really hard, and our church family helped our pastor and his family grieve through both losses. I am thankful for that God is able help to get through. Each day, I keep asking him to help me get through the day.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 18, 2023 5:53 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Although in Australia, we don't have Thanksgiving as a holiday, I am thankful for a lovely family, & a dear husband who has kept my company for over 52 years. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 18, 2023 6:23 pm
SnowAngel, coracle, Courtenay and 1 people liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I am thankful for having read the wonderful books by C. S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien and discussing them here on these wonderful forums on Narniaweb. There were other forums which I enjoyed in years past on the internet, but those on this website I have liked the best.  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 20, 2023 3:42 am
Varnafinde, johobbit, SnowAngel and 1 people liked
Crunchy-P
(@queencrunchytheweeb)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'm thankful for finding Narnia and spending time with my wonderful family!   Grin

"Have a Narnian Day!" (ナルニアの日を過ごしましょう!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 20, 2023 9:28 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

I got the brisket started for tomorrow, cheesy potatoes are next to be prep and then onto baking the pies and rolls. Busy day getting ready for Thanksgiving. Grin  

Today I'm thankful for...
~cheese
~potatoes
~brisket 
~black coffee
~onions
~butter
~wheat flour
~yeast
~milk
~berries
~sour cream

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 22, 2023 10:12 am
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm thankful that my sins are forgiven through Christ's sacrifice.

I'm thankful for this community and the work the mods put into keeping it a safe place. 

I'm thankful for the good relationships I have outside this community.

I'm thankful for Lewis; the good literature he left us, as well as the apologetic works.

I'm thankful for many other things, but it would take too long to put them here.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2023 11:32 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

I hope all had marvelous Thanksgiving celebrations last week. It was terrific here, the weather was lovely and we had a nice walk in the afternoon between lunch and dessert. Our meal was brisket, gravy, cheesy potatoes, mix veggies, jello salad, and challah bread. We had to switch to bread instead of rolls due to the timing of the pie baking. Our pies were chocolate chiffon with GF crust, sour cream blackberry, and pumpkin with a pecan topping. Smile We played Sequence in the morning before lunch and in the afternoon/evening we played Scrabble and canasta. It was very nice day with the family. Cool  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2023 10:10 am
johobbit liked
Share: