Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Season Of The Year

Page 1 / 2
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm sure we all have a favorite season of the year. Right now, the Northern Hemisphere is getting ready for summer and the Southern Hemisphere is getting ready for winter.

While I am a lover of all seasons, I lean towards more fall. There's so much things changing- the leaves change colors, fruits and veggies are harvested and stored for the winter season, and the days become shorter. The air is nice and crisp as well- not too hot like it can get in the summer or too cold like it can get in the winter.

What is your favorite season of the year?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 19, 2023 4:36 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

@jasmine_tarkheena 

I also like the autumn the best of all the seasons. I remember as a child in elementary school enjoying classes starting again and loving the fresh cool air while walking on my way to school.  Yes, I did enjoy going back to school to learn new things and seeing the leaves turn color.  Here in Michigan we have beautiful forests (the maple trees turn red and yellow) so there is much natural beauty to enjoy. There are people who say our colors here in the woods of Michigan have rivaled those in the New England states. I think that people used to take color tours more often back in the 1960’s and ‘70’s, but I am sure that there are people who will still drive the scenic roads today. It’s something that won’t cost you much money and rewards you with much natural beauty in return. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2023 4:13 am
johobbit liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

@jasmine_tarkheena, ditto the Autumn love. Those cool, crisp days are amazing. The scents of bonfire, decaying leaves, very fresh air are the best!

In Ontario, like Michigan, our Autumn colours are glorious. I can't get enough of the views all around that time or year.

Posted by: @narnian78

I think that people used to take color tours more often back in the 1960’s and ‘70’s, but I am sure that there are people who will still drive the scenic roads today. It’s something that won’t cost you much money and rewards you with much natural beauty in return. 

Here, as well. There are hundreds of country roads in Ontario that are spectacular to drive or walk along, particularly in the Autumn season. Many people go out simply for drives that time of year to take in the vibrant, colourful beauty all over the province.

And it's wonderful having many campfires in the Autumn. Stargazing is much more accessible, and regular daily walks are energizing!

The winter season is a close second for me to Autumn. I love cool-cold weather, finding it wonderfully invigorating. I love the long, dark nights (more stargazing!). I love the snow. Yes, even shoveling it. Giggle   Oooh, I can hardly wait until August when things start cooling down again, and days become darker earlier. Star  

Spring is an okay season: things are pretty, and gardening begins in late May here, but ... I know that summer comes next, which is a difficult season for me in many ways. Silly  

Still, I am thankful for the variety we have: each season is very distinct here in Ontario, and while I would gladly live without summer (aside from gardening and the resulting bountiful harvest, which I thoroughly enjoy), I know Autumn will come again soon enough! Smile  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2023 5:43 am
Narnian78 liked
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

I will join the autumn lovers here. 😀 I adore the fall colors, the cool but not too cold weather, and fall baked goods are always so yummy. Specifically, I like October the best - the weather and colors tend to reach peak perfection sometime during then. 🙂 (May is my second favorite month - sadly, where I live, that's basically the only month we get spring. )

I do love winter as well, though usually only through January. By February, I'm usually done with it. Giggle Plus, that period between when the snow melts and when plants/grass turn green again is always a miserable period for me. 🙁

I'm not a big fan of summer heat, but I love camping with my family, so I can't complain about it too much! 😉 I just do my best to stay indoors whenever it gets too hot (which basically means I don't leave my house if I can help it in July 😛 ).

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2023 11:01 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Overall spring comes in first place due to gorgeous temperatures and being able to throw open the doors without bugs coming in. Also, going outside and gardening. And I have fewer spring allergies than fall allergies. 

But a very close second is summer simply because I'm a fresh food lover, and IMHO you cannot beat summer food! I just came home from the store with a giant box of cherries. ❤️ 

I will add though, as I'm getting older I'm becoming less tolerant of the heat so perhaps in the future I will convert to a Fall/Winter person, but I'm not there yet.  😉 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2023 11:59 am
coracle and johobbit liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

There's actually a family own farm store not far from where I live, and they're best known for their strawberries and peaches. Strawberries (my favorite fruit) are now in season. Peaches will be sometime in August.

Even though I lean towards fall, I am a lover of all season. The drawback for summer that it tends to get too hot and winter tends to get too cold. I am in the Pacific Northwest, Oregon, so while it gets hot, it's not quite so humid. It's cold in the winter, but nothing like further north.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 21, 2023 1:36 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @jasmine_tarkheena

I lean towards more fall. There's so much things changing- the leaves change colors

Posted by: @narnian78

Here in Michigan we have beautiful forests (the maple trees turn red and yellow) so there is much natural beauty to enjoy.

Posted by: @jo

In Ontario, like Michigan, our Autumn colours are glorious. I can't get enough of the views all around that time or year.

Posted by: @rya

I will join the autumn lovers here.  I adore the fall colors

I feel I should add that here in Kansas, the weather is very rough on "pretty trees." So when Fall hits, it's more like, "Hey, look at that pretty tree over there." *two miles later* "Oh, there's a nice red color." Fall in this part of Kansas is brown and Winter is a duller brown. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2023 8:14 am
Narnian78 liked
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Another fan of fall/autumn here. There's just so much going on, and it's a feast for the senses:

-The milky blue sky of summer haze is replaced by a crystal clear blue sky.
-The trees are ablaze in red and gold.
-The sound of leaves crunching underfoot, and overhead, the calls of birds as they migrate south for the winter.
-The smell of campfires in the evening.
-The taste of fresh apple-inspired foods (there is an orchard southeast of here that makes the most wonderful apple fritter bread. Unfortunately it sells out fast and sometimes I don't get there in time).

The heat, humidity, and bugs of summer are largely a thing of the past, and the bitter cold of winter is is yet to come, though around here you never know when the other shoe will drop.  Perhaps that's part of the attraction - the season and colors can be fleeting, erased by a big storm, so it's a reminder to grab each day as it comes. We know winter is just around the corner - and a brutal reminder comes the first week in November when we return to standard time. Suddenly the sun is setting before 5 pm.

The colors seem so vibrant, compared to the more muted hues of summer. And the night sky can be seen without having to wait until 11 pm for twilight to end.

Fall color trips are still a big thing here. There are some great state parks within a few hours' drive that feature spectacular colors (though a wet or drought season will mute that somewhat). Minnesota has no shortage of lakes and rivers, so the contrast of the leaves with bright blue water is always a hit. The North Shore of Lake Superior has some glorious overlooks, as does the bluff country near the Mississippi in the southeast part of the state.

Something I enjoy doing is making a day trip along the river to look at the colors, visiting local orchards along the way, and capped off by a lengthy campfire at a park in the evening, watching the constellations of fall wheel overhead - and enjoying some of those apple-flavored treats by firelight.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2023 2:09 pm
Ryadian and johobbit liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

I would 'love' stargazer's post if I could! Giggle It deserves much more than a 'like'.  Thumbs up

Posted by: @stargazer

-The milky blue sky of summer haze is replaced by a crystal clear blue sky.
-The trees are ablaze in red and gold.
-The sound of leaves crunching underfoot, and overhead, the calls of birds as they migrate south for the winter.
-The smell of campfires in the evening.
-The taste of fresh apple-inspired foods ...

The heat, humidity, and bugs of summer are largely a thing of the past, ...

The colors seem so vibrant, compared to the more muted hues of summer. And the night sky can be seen without having to wait until 11 pm for twilight to end.

Hear-hear, I heartily echo all this. How your descriptions make me long for Autumn, as we currently sit with hot summer, hazy-sky humidity. Tongue  

The Autumn season is absolutely invigorating in every way. Plus the bountiful harvest is a huge provision and treat, some of which lasts much of the winter.

Posted by: @fantasia

I feel I should add that here in Kansas, the weather is very rough on "pretty trees." So when Fall hits, it's more like, "Hey, look at that pretty tree over there." *two miles later* "Oh, there's a nice red color." Fall in this part of Kansas is brown and Winter is a duller brown. 

Hug Come travel north for an Autumn! Grin  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2023 2:28 pm
coracle and fantasia liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

In my younger years I wrote poems about each season. In the Autumn one I said something about Autumn being a splendid facet of God's love, mercifully getting us used to cooling weather while enjoying the colours etc.  I stand by that idea; it is a gift of mercy, particularly for those areas where winter will be severe.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2023 6:19 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I've actually watched the sunrise in early fall while back east. It's a sign that God's mercy is brand new every morning.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 22, 2023 6:31 pm
Narnian78 and coracle liked
littlgriz
(@tina-cat-moma)
NarniaWeb Regular

spring time us jay favet session 

in aslans paws have a good day

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2023 1:56 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

Which season is the most nostalgic?  I think it would be fall since during that season you feel like you want to go back into the past. That is why autumn is my favorite season of the year.  Winter is not always so nice although I love Christmas. If you can get used to very cold weather it isn’t such a hard season for living.  Summer can be nostalgic but sometimes it is too hot to enjoy it.  I love walking on the nature trails in spring, and of course the birds are more musical than in any other season.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2023 5:45 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I love the wonderful surprise that is spring, as colours and foliage come back. But most of all I love autumn, the beautiful rich colours in the deciduous trees, yellow, orange, brown. Those colours stir something in me.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2023 1:35 am
Crunchy-P
(@queencrunchytheweeb)
NarniaWeb Regular

Autumn is my favorite season. Cool  

"Have a Narnian Day!" (ナルニアの日を過ごしましょう!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 2, 2023 12:37 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: