Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Thanksgiving 2021 - I'm Thankful For...

Page 2 / 2
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Thanks Jasmine, same to you!

Posted : November 25, 2021 5:27 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Thanks, Jasmine! 🙂 I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

I'm thankful that we got to have family with us for Thanksgiving this year - including my cousin and his new wife, who we thought wouldn't be able to make it! (My mom only found out yesterday they'd be able to make it, but she managed to keep it a surprise for those of us who wouldn't have to make arrangements. 😉 )

I feel like I say this every year, but I'm also thankful for technology to keep in touch with friends and family, even when we can't see each other in person. Especially over the last year and a half, I'm grateful to live in a time where keeping in touch is just a phone call, text, e-mail, etc. away.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

Posted : November 25, 2021 7:16 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

@jasminetarkheena That is very nice of you. 

I guess we have a few things to be thankful for as well, even though Thanksgiving is not an Australian festivity, perhaps as it is a time for end of year academic examinations. 

1. My family are well and have survived the Pandemic so far, though my sister-in-law is rather frail. Hug

2. We may finally get a chance to visit her in January. Bats eyes  

3. We aren't going to get many bushfires this year, due to this summer's La Niña effect.   Smile  

4. The Great Barrier Reef corals were filmed spawning through the past week, which is tremendously good news for the longest coral reef in the world. Long may its good health continue. Thumbs up  

5. The road from this part of Western Sydney to Campbelltown, is now mostly finished. Whew  

6. With any luck I will be extremely grateful for no more QR codes to sign in everywhere I go, plus not having to wear masks any more. Praise   Cheers ! Attention  

Posted : November 25, 2021 10:49 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

I have SO much to be grateful for — my whole life, basically, took an unexpected turn-around about the middle of this year. It would take too long to explain it all here, but in short, I got a new job in a different part of England, in a workplace where I'm much happier than where I was before, with the best people I could ever ask to work with and for. My new managers in particular are a wonderful married couple who are just about the best examples of living Christly love that I've ever encountered. My life has just opened up with new opportunities and new adventures that, only a few months ago, I would never have foreseen. And it's all from God, whom I can't thank enough!!! Hug  

Meanwhile, too, all my friends here and all my family and "old" friends back in Australia have stayed safe from the pandemic this whole time, which I'm also hugely grateful for. I haven't been able to get back to Australia for nearly two years now (I normally go every year), but that will come, and in the meantime I'm grateful for the technology that allows us to keep in touch so easily, all around the world.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! Star Star Star Star Star  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : November 26, 2021 1:52 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

And I'm thankful that I got to be a part of Narniaweb, and meeting with other Narnia fans. I know we haven't met in person, but maybe we'll get to one day.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

Posted : November 26, 2021 1:06 pm
Ryadian, waggawerewolf27, SnowAngel and 2 people liked
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my parents and siblings. We had brisket, gravy, cheesy potatoes, peas with toasted walnuts, and a salad with peanut butter dressing for lunch. And for dessert I made caramel apple pie and mixed berry pie, both were from a new recipe and AIP/Paleo, so much easier with the gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free family members to have everyone eating the same pies. Giggle Both pies were delicious, I liked the apple slightly better than berry.

The afternoon was spent taking some family pictures, reading, and playing board games. Smile  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Topic starter Posted : November 27, 2021 9:39 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: