Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Thanksgiving 2021 - I'm Thankful For...

Page 1 / 2
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

It's November, one of my favorite months which includes one of my favorite traditions.

Almost every year I start this thread the beginning of the month with my favorite Thanksgiving tradition and a prompt to the share what you are thankful. My family has a jar (or two or three) that we fill with candy and nuts with each piece being for a different person, place, or thing we were thankful for. In recent years we have written them down and filled a notebook with the people, places, and things we are thankful to God for. Some days we have a theme like a favorite meal, places we have been, people we know, books, items around the house, or last year we started drawing Scrabble tiles every day and did our "thankful fors" starting with the letter drawn. The Scrabble tile draw made for some great ideas and some bad ones, but mainly it brought additional laughter to our family time. Smile  

• Do you usually have the traditional Thanksgiving meal?
  • What are your favorite traditions or memories of Thanksgiving?
  • What are you thankful for this year? 
Today I'm thankful for...
~God the Father
~my Lord and Savior, Jesus
~the Holy Spirit
~the Bible
~my family
~the Mod Squad Hug  
~All of the wonderful people here on NarniaWeb! Smile  
~laughter
~coffee
~books

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Topic starter Posted : November 1, 2021 8:08 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

What I am thankful for is my family. I am thankful that a majority in my family are supportive through difficult times.

I have gone through two oral operations this year. In February, I had swollen face on my cheek, and it turned out to be wisdom teeth. I was put on medication, and had them surgically removed. Another was I had a root canal in June. I am thankful that I was able to get through them.

This year, I had two great uncles who have passed away... one in February and another in August. It had been really hard. We've helped each other grieve through that. @gp did a podcast on Is Death Normal?, and it's been helpful.

Another is that my second cousin has been having health issues. She had brain surgery, but doctors couldn't figure out what is wrong with her. Our family has been in prayer.

About 10-12 years ago, our pastor's wife was diagnosed with brain cancer. In February, she had brain surgery. I am thankful for our pastor, as things are hard for him with his wife having health issues.

It's a lot to thank God for, even when things got out of hand.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

Posted : November 1, 2021 8:41 pm
SnowAngel, fantasia, johobbit and 3 people liked
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

To start, today I’m thankful for good stories and the positive affects they have, inspiring people.

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : November 1, 2021 10:27 pm
SnowAngel, fantasia, johobbit and 2 people liked
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

I'm thankful for...

~the local library
~sunrises
~sunsets
~pillows
~pancakes
~apples
~fall

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Topic starter Posted : November 2, 2021 9:42 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I'm not American, but I have a lot to be thankful for  

Both my siblings had serious health events this year, and I am thankful that I still have them both.

I am thankful for my cosy home and my garden, and my quiet life at the moment. 

I am thankful for the support of friends and my church family. Thank you, God.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : November 2, 2021 1:27 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

@coracle, does NZ have any kind of holiday similar to Thanksgiving? 

This year I'm most thankful that I had my fourth baby, Naomi, back in August. Heart  

Posted : November 2, 2021 3:29 pm
SnowAngel, johobbit, KingEdTheJust and 1 people liked
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

This year I am thankful for many things, including:

-- two happy, healthy children

-- being back at my pre-COVID job

-- libraries, books, and stories (and getting to share those with my kids)

-- the many friends I have around the world (many of whom I met through NWeb) who encourage and challenge me regularly

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : November 2, 2021 4:52 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

@fantasia no. it was never part of our country's history. But perhaps it should be part of our national day, Waitangi Day.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : November 2, 2021 7:19 pm
fantasia liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@coracle I have close friends who are from Australia. In the Southern Hemisphere, they don't have Halloween (in the States, there's been talks about changing Halloween to be every last Saturday of October) and Thanksgiving because it's actually spring time there. They also have Christmas in the summer. So when you have close friends from the Southern Hemisphere, you kind of know about the reserved seasons and how Christmas are celebrated differently.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

Posted : November 2, 2021 7:32 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

@jasminetarkheena And of course we in New Zealand vary from Australia too. I've had six Christmases in England, one Canadian Thanksgiving but not a USA one.

Posted : November 3, 2021 2:57 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

I'm thankful for...

~colored pens
~purple
~time to read
~lights
~apple cider
~photography
~coffee mugs Smile  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Topic starter Posted : November 4, 2021 9:56 am
fantasia and Jasmine liked
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

I'm thankful for...

~it's Thursday, the week is almost over. Whew  
~freshly brewed coffee Bats eyes  
~cinnamon
~nutmeg
~pumpkins
~board games
~family time Love  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Topic starter Posted : November 18, 2021 9:19 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I shared this with some of my NWeb friends privately yesterday, but realized I ought to post it in this thread. This is probably my favorite modern-day Thanksgiving story that's been in the news since it went viral 6 years ago. I look forward to it every year, though last year was quite sad due to Covid.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wanda-dench-jamal-hinton-thanksgiving-sixth-year/

I'm thankful for happy and wholesome news stories like the above! Smile  

Posted : November 18, 2021 10:45 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
I'm thankful for...
~colored Christmas lights
~Christmas music
~new recipes
~coconut everything
~pecans
~brisket

We are having brisket instead of turkey for Thanksgiving again this year, it's becoming a tradition. Smile The brisket is currently cooking in our largest roaster, and the whole house smells like it...yum. Grin Started cooking it yesterday with salt, pepper, bay leaves, onions, and 2+ cups of coffee (would normally have used soy sauce not coffee, but that currently doesn't work for several family members).

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Topic starter Posted : November 24, 2021 9:56 am
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Wishing all the Narniawebbers a Happy Thanksgiving!

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

Posted : November 25, 2021 1:11 pm
fantasia liked
Page 1 / 2
Share: