Notifications
Clear all

Name Origins

Page 3 / 3
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @jasminetarkheena

It's a great picture of how God accepts all of the human race, no matter their racial backgrounds. When Jesus was on Earth, He spent His time with not just the Jewish people, but with the Gentiles (the Samaritan woman, the Roman centurion, the Phoenician woman).

Wouldn't be safe that all the races in Narnia- Narnians, Archenlanders, Telmarines, and Calormenes are descendants from Adam and Eve? It shows that we are all the same human race.

I love that! Well said Hug  

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 6, 2021 2:46 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@courtenay I've never heard Courtney spelled like yours. It's like there are some who spell Jasmine differently. Some spell it with a "z' instead of an s, some spell it with an "e", and some spell it with "y" instead of an "i".

@glenwit Hug  

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 6, 2021 2:55 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @jasminetarkheena

@courtenay I've never heard Courtney spelled like yours.

It's pronounced the same way as the other spelling (Courtney) — two syllables, not three, and with an "ee" sound at the end! Mine is just the more old-fashioned spelling. I have no idea why my parents chose it for me, but it gives people no end of trouble spelling it correctly if they don't know me well (and sometimes even if they do)...  Giggle  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 6, 2021 2:59 pm
Jasmine liked
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie

When I made this account back in middle school, I had pretty much two personality traits- loving Narnia and being in Boy Scouts. My original username on here was  "Boy Scout" due to my complete lack of creativity. 

That actually lead to my internet handle being some combination of Narnia and Boy Scouts up till the middle of high school, when I figured that probably wasn't the most professional way to present myself haha. I finally deleted the last of those accounts this year lol. I won't say exactly what that handle was since you'd certainly be able to find some traces of my younger days online... but let's just say it wouldn't have looked good on a resume (or maybe it would have if the person reviewing the resume was very cool!)

I got my Eagle Scout at 18, and later asked the lovely team here on NarniaWeb to change my username, so it was clear that I wasn't a child. 

memento mori

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 3:38 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Silver and Lily are my nicknames on two other websites, and I wanted to keep continuity. Also, fortuitously, when you combine them it sounds like a reference to the Silver Sea at the end of the world.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2023 6:19 pm
Jasmine, fantasia, Glenwit and 1 people liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @silverlily

Silver and Lily are my nicknames on two other websites, and I wanted to keep continuity. Also, fortuitously, when you combine them it sounds like a reference to the Silver Sea at the end of the world.

Yay! Hug  

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2023 11:23 am
KingEdTheJust
(@kingedthejust)
NarniaWeb Nut

It's so wonderful to hear the origins of the usernames! Thanks, @glenwit for the topic! I've been hooked! Applause  

So, compared to all these usernames, mine sounds a little generic for being on a Narnian community, but basically my siblings and I before joining the community were all "assigned", should I say a certain pevensie. I was Edmund, and he has been my favorite character ever since I've read the books. When we joined on to it, we all wanted to have similar sounding names so we could join as siblings. I had already decided mine when I came on. I didn't want it to be King Edmund The Just because it sounded a little too formal, so I decided to shorten it down to "Ed", in a less serious way, like a nickname his siblings would call him. It ended up sounding pretty nice when you say it all together and my siblings just followed suit with their usernames! Grin  

-KingEdTheJust

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did." - (King Edmund the Just, Horse and his Boy)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2023 1:40 pm
Glenwit and johobbit liked
Page 3 / 3
Share: