Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : February 12, 2010 7:55 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

198.(?) Why the strong aversion to the '95 P&P? :P

199. (?) Have you ever seen any other adaptations of P&P besides the '05 one?

200. (?) I take it faithful adaptations are not that important to you?

(I probably know some of the answers, but can't recall right now. I'm sure I'll be back with more later. ;) ;)))

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Posted : February 12, 2010 6:49 pm
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

sweeet--ooh, lol. I thought you meant a button to push! :P Well, I guess it would depend on the color of whatever the button was on, really ;))

195.what kind of music do you like?

196. do you have a favorite band?

195. I like a lot of "easy listening" Sara Barrielles (Spl?)--style music (not necessarily her though). And I listen to a lot of soundtracks.

196. Could Dido be considered a "band" if it's just her singing...? Otherwise I guess The Killers.

197.(?) Why the strong aversion to the '95 P&P? :P

198. (?) Have you ever seen any other adaptations of P&P besides the '05 one?

199. (?) I take it faithful adaptations are not that important to you?

197. Well, I'm not a huge fan of Jane Austen as is...I mean, I don't really enjoy reading the books *watchs as people immediatly shun this thread* :P And that version is like 6 hours long, so it would be kind of torture XD. The KK version is so pretty *watches as more people leave thread*...and even if it isn't very close to the book, I'm not obsessed with the book or anything and I even finished reading it *no more people left in thread now...* so I didn't really care. Also I think from what I've seen/heard, the KK version, while not as close historicaly or as close to the book, is a better quality film (in how it's made, if that makes sense.). Whew. #:-s

198. No.

199. I guess not. While it WILL bother me if things aren't the same as the book (for example, when I think about it, the differences in Prince Caspian does bother me), I find I've gotten very good as seperating the book from the movie and not minding so much, or focusing on the things that are the same. Also, if it's a poor adaption but a GREAT quality movie, I probably won't really care.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Topic starter Posted : February 13, 2010 3:06 am
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

Ahhh! How did I miss this thread for so long? Two whole pages go by and I didn't even notice it! *rubs hands together gleefully* Well, actually since I'm not a huge Austen fan I guess it's just the two of us left anyways, so what the hey, eh? ;))

200. Given the choice between a thick, juicy steak or a rotisserie chicken perfectly seasoned and cooked, which would you pick?

201. Which movie would best describe the way you drive your car? Driving Miss Daisy or Bullitt?

202. If you were offered the choice of one superpower what would you choose?

203. Mayonaisse: Good or Evil? (I ask this of every mod who gets one of these nifty threads ;)) )

204. What food, above *all* other foods, "talks" to you? Meaning which one will make you come running to the dinner table every time?

205. Any actors or actresses you can do a good voice impression of?

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Posted : February 13, 2010 10:00 pm
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)

00. Given the choice between a thick, juicy steak or a rotisserie chicken perfectly seasoned and cooked, which would you pick?

201. Which movie would best describe the way you drive your car? Driving Miss Daisy or Bullitt?

202. If you were offered the choice of one superpower what would you choose?

203. Mayonaisse: Good or Evil? (I ask this of every mod who gets one of these nifty threads ;)) )

204. What food, above *all* other foods, "talks" to you? Meaning which one will make you come running to the dinner table every time?

205. Any actors or actresses you can do a good voice impression of?

200. The chicken, although I'm not a big meat-eater anyway. :P

201. I'm none of those extremes but definetly would be on the "Bullitt" side for sure. ;))

202. Some kind of mind/people controlling power. If not that, then to fly.

203. Evil. VERY evil. Incredibly evil. :-o

204. Chips. If I hear someone opening bag, I'm there. :P

205. Unfortunatly, no. :( I'm AWFUL at voice impressions!

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Topic starter Posted : February 14, 2010 3:09 am
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

206. Do you always spell "unfortunately" without the "e", or was that a typo?

207. What's your pet peeve?

208. Is there a certain fashion style that you absolutely hate?

209. If you had a fashion line, what would it be called?

210. Chemistry or Biology?

211. Gymnastics or Ice Skating?

212. Touch pad or mouse?

213. Book Frodo or Movie!Frodo?

214. Book Sam or Movie!Sam?

215. Favorite flavour popsicle?

216. Color or Colour?

217. Facebook chat or text messaging?

218. Are you a member of any other Narnia Fansites?

219. Are you a member of any other fansites at all?

220. If you had a chance to go onto any Narnia Movie Set, (past, present, or future) which would it be?

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : February 14, 2010 4:14 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)

206. Do you always spell "unfortunately" without the "e", or was that a typo?

207. What's your pet peeve?

208. Is there a certain fashion style that you absolutely hate?

209. If you had a fashion line, what would it be called?

210. Chemistry or Biology?

211. Gymnastics or Ice Skating?

212. Touch pad or mouse?

213. Book Frodo or Movie!Frodo?

214. Book Sam or Movie!Sam?

215. Favorite flavour popsicle?

216. Color or Colour?

217. Facebook chat or text messaging?

218. Are you a member of any other Narnia Fansites?

219. Are you a member of any other fansites at all?

220. If you had a chance to go onto any Narnia Movie Set, (past, present, or future) which would it be?

206. Yes, I probably do, and yes, I know that was a misspelling. I'm not the world's greatest speller as I'm sure you have already figured out :P

207. Unecessary noise, like my dad snoring.

208. I generally don't love preppyness. And I really dislike wearing head-to-toe Abercrombie/Hollister/American Eagle.

209. Val Silph (which is my username on a lot of sites (not NW tho)).

210. Ugh! Neither! :-o

211. Gymastics, I guess.

212. Mouse

213. Definetly book Frodo. HATE the scene of Frodo turning away Sam.

214.I'm not really sure what the differences are...? :-s I don't like Frodo turning away Sam in the movie, but otherwise I'm OK with Sam.

215. Grape

216. Color

217. Text messaging, I avoid FB chat at all costs.

218. Um, I'm a member of narniafans, and possibly another, but I don't go on them anymore.

219. I'm a *member* of others, I'm certain, but I don't go there much.

220. Hmmm.....probably The Last Battle, as it's my favorite book. Or VOTD. Or LWW. Hard one :P

Topic starter Posted : February 14, 2010 6:43 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

221. Your love of the '05 P&P wouldn't also have a thing to do with the fact that Kiera Knightley is in it, would it? ;)

222. Do you not even watch the ice skating at the Olypmics, even for the outfits?

223. What would be the maximum amount of money you would spend on a pair of shoes?

224. If we knew eachother in person, do you think we'd be very good friends? ;))

Posted : February 14, 2010 3:42 pm
PrincessMia241
(@princessmia241)
NarniaWeb Nut

Mary Higgins Clark writes murder/law mysteries. They get old after a while, as they follow the same format. But if you like smart girl lawyers who always ends up with the guy then they're entertaining.

I thought the KK P&P WAS prettier, but I saw the A&E 6 hr first and just fell in love with it. It doesn't look nearly so "real" but Mr. Darcy is awesome and I love Lizzy in there. But I like the KK version too, though my mom didn't like it at all :p

avy by narniagirl90

Posted : February 15, 2010 6:49 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)

221. Your love of the '05 P&P wouldn't also have a thing to do with the fact that Kiera Knightley is in it, would it? ;)

222. Do you not even watch the ice skating at the Olypmics, even for the outfits?

223. What would be the maximum amount of money you would spend on a pair of shoes?

224. If we knew eachother in person, do you think we'd be very good friends? ;))

221. Haha, not a thing. ;) ;)

222. Nah. I'm not really into the over-the-top glitter and all that. :P

223. Um. well, assuming I had a paying job at the time, and the shoes were INCREDIBLE...probably $600.00 Probably a good thing I don't have any money right now, haha. ;))

224. I think so!! And I wish we knew eachother in person. :(

Mia...oooh those sound intriging! I'm going to look some up at the library now. :D

Topic starter Posted : February 16, 2010 4:18 am
Djaq
 Djaq
(@djaq)

Val!! :D

Yup, and I had a NW related dream last night! I was flying to visit someone...it was either Valia, and DTR, or Flam and Djaq. They'd mailed me this questionare to fill out on the plane. It had all these questions about stuff like "Does anything annoy you? Does Keira Knightley annoy you?" and I was drawing in little pictures as my answers.

=)) ^ Based on that, I have a couple of questions. ;)

225: Does anything annoy you?

226: Does Keira Knightley annoy you?

You don't have to do little pictures as the answers, btw. ;)

227: What is your favorite color? (has this already been asked? )

228: If you could shop at one store/boutique for the rest of your life, where would it be? ;))

229: What is your opinion of the color orange?

230: Have you ever had long hair?

231: (if "yes" to the above question) Did you like it long?

232: What actress is your favorite to look to for hair-styles or styling ideas? (if you have one)

233: Do you like hats?

234: What is your favorite kind of hat?

235: Do you have a movie costume/outfit that is your absolute favorite? (you can answer "no", if you have to ;) )

~Djaq

When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!

Posted : February 17, 2010 10:34 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)

First off, I just laughed hysterically at your first two questions :P

225: Does anything annoy you?

226: Does Keira Knightley annoy you?

You don't have to do little pictures as the answers, btw. ;)

227: What is your favorite color? (has this already been asked? )

228: If you could shop at one store/boutique for the rest of your life, where would it be? ;))

229: What is your opinion of the color orange?

230: Have you ever had long hair?

231: (if "yes" to the above question) Did you like it long?

232: What actress is your favorite to look to for hair-styles or styling ideas? (if you have one)

233: Do you like hats?

234: What is your favorite kind of hat?

235: Do you have a movie costume/outfit that is your absolute favorite? (you can answer "no", if you have to ;) )

225. Loads of things. Like my Dad snoring, people watching TV loudly and the sound floating up thru my floor when I'm in my room, being called to do something when I'm intensely in the middle of something exciting (aka reading a book or doing something on NW).

226. Nope!! Not at all. But it annoys me how she annoys some people. Hmm. Which was probably why she was on the list in my dream.
And thanks, I wasn't planning to draw for my answers ;)) even if I could do it online...

227. No! This has not been asked! It is blue, but green almost equally, and purple and pink as runners up.

228. Ahh....Anthropologie? If only I had the money, this would be so :P

229. I like it, but not many people/things can pull it off.

230. Well, long for me, which was just below shoulder length.

231. I did at the time, but I don't think I suit pin-straight-super-long-hair. I need something, like bangs, or it pulled back a bit or something.

232. Right now I'm coveting Carey Mulligan's hair (actually I think she JUST dyed it blonde, but I was coveting it when it was red). But I have already tried the "cut my hair short" route and it did not end well.
Generally I don't really look to celebs for style/hair advice since they have a gazillion stylists and people helping them look that way, there's no way I could acheive the same thing with just my self. :(

233. Yes! I used to think I'm a "hat" person but now I'm not so sure.

234. I like 20's & 30's styles of hats. I have a "cloche" hat and at first I thought it looked amazing and everyone else thought so too but now I always "hate the world" when I see myself in it, so I'm not too sure.

235. Keira Knightley's green dress in Atonement, Arwen's Blood Red dress in LOTR, Eowyn's white dress in LOTR, and pretty much all of Penelope's clothes in the movie The Brothers Bloom.

I believe this thread will be closed tonight, to make way for the new Mod of the Week, so any last minute questions should be submitted at this time. :P

Topic starter Posted : February 17, 2010 10:47 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

236. Do you know that, so far, surprisingly few of the skating costumes have had over the top glitter at the Olympics this year? ;)

237. Why does it annoy you how much people are annoyed by Kiera Knightley?

238. How much does a person have to be annoyed by her for you to be annoyed by them? ;))

239. Could you look for me and try to find one skating costume you do like, pretty, pretty please? ;;)

240. What avatar have you had for the longest time?

241. What's been your favourite avatar?

242. Do you say "em" a lot?

Posted : February 17, 2010 12:14 pm
sweeetlilgurlie
(@sweeetlilgurlie)
NarniaWeb Guru

243. I think your short hair is cute. IF you could have the hairstyle of any celebrity, whose would you choose, and what style?

244. Would you like a team of stylists to chase you around?

245. Which hair color (besides your own) would you like to have naturally?

246. Have you ever made Hot Chocolate, cooled it down in the fridge, and drank it as Chocolate Milk? *did that tonight*

247. Coffee cup or tea cup?

248. Are you a tea drinker?

249. Do you ride on a polar bear to school?

250. Does the polar bear have an ignition for your keys? ;))

251. Which mod is your favorite mod? *ish evil*

252. Favorite board to frequent here on NWeb?

253. Do you know any French, since you're Canadian?

254. Have you met any french-speaking Canadians?

256. Would you rather live in an loft or a condo?

257. Ideal pet? *has a feeling of what Val is going to say...*

258. Traumatizing moment from your childhood?

259. What is your favorite thing about being graduated from High School?

260. Do you like SweetTarts better, or Smarties better?

261. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...Which is your favorite number?

262. Do you have a phobia of anything?

263. What is your opinion of smartcars?

264. Favorite candy?

"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."

Posted : February 17, 2010 1:07 pm
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)

236. Do you know that, so far, surprisingly few of the skating costumes have had over the top glitter at the Olympics this year? ;)

237. Why does it annoy you how much people are annoyed by Kiera Knightley?

238. How much does a person have to be annoyed by her for you to be annoyed by them? ;))

239. Could you look for me and try to find one skating costume you do like, pretty, pretty please? ;;)

240. What avatar have you had for the longest time?

241. What's been your favourite avatar?

242. Do you say "em" a lot?

236. No, I did not know that :P

237. I don't think everyone has to love her, I certainly dislike some actresses/actors. But she is fairly "classy" aka not someone like Paris Hilton, so I feel like...people shouldn't be annoyed by her? Especially if it's something like her voice *looks at Jo* or something that can't be helped. Also, I just like her. So I feel bad when other people hate her, I guess. ;))

238. Um, any little bit I guess :P

239. Um. well I wouldn't know where to look. If you find me a gallery of sorts, I can try and find one I like! :P

240. Hmmmm.....I had a bunch of very similair ones of Keira Knightley, they were all from the same event and looked a lot alike. I had those for EVER. I'll try to put one in here, somehow...

241. I've attached a few of my very fav avvys.

242. I don't think so. I say "like" a lot, and "um" :P

243. I think your short hair is cute. IF you could have the hairstyle of any celebrity, whose would you choose, and what style?

244. Would you like a team of stylists to chase you around?

245. Which hair color (besides your own) would you like to have naturally?

246. Have you ever made Hot Chocolate, cooled it down in the fridge, and drank it as Chocolate Milk? *did that tonight*

247. Coffee cup or tea cup?

248. Are you a tea drinker?

249. Do you ride on a polar bear to school?

250. Does the polar bear have an ignition for your keys? ;))

251. Which mod is your favorite mod? *ish evil*

252. Favorite board to frequent here on NWeb?

253. Do you know any French, since you're Canadian?

254. Have you met any french-speaking Canadians?

256. Would you rather live in an loft or a condo?

257. Ideal pet? *has a feeling of what Val is going to say...*

258. Traumatizing moment from your childhood?

259. What is your favorite thing about being graduated from High School?

260. Do you like SweetTarts better, or Smarties better?

261. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9...Which is your favorite number?

262. Do you have a phobia of anything?

263. What is your opinion of smartcars?

264. Favorite candy?

243. Thank you :P I don't mind it short-ish but I once had it boy-short and it wasn't so great, imho. :P Hmm...well probably Rachel Weiz. Her hair always looks so lovely...dark and curly!

244. No. :P I might like to have some on call, but them following me around all the time would be VERY annoying!

245. Red. I would ADORE to have red hair. Sadly I have darkish brown hair, which doesn't look too exciting, so I color my hair red instead.

246. No, i can't say I have :P

247. Coffee mug!

248. No.

249. Yup! His name's Frederick!

250. Uh...no? :P

251. Haha, not answereing this. Although I will say that I probably know Jo the best because we have met so many times in RL. And I always think Shanith is like the coolest person ever ;)). All the mods are awesome though, really. THEY ARE GREAT!! :D *looks at mods* You guys are great. B-)

252. Probably SO. I go into the Mod section of the forum a lot too.

253. No, not to speak of. Which is pretty sad, I know.

254. Yeah, my cousin and her family live in Montreal, so they all speak french quite well. And when I visit her, most of her friends who I am friends with are bilinqual. (Spl?)

256 (you skipped a number here and I'm just going with it ;)) ). Loft, I guess.

257. Hmm...well llamas are obviously superior. :P And cats are very special. But I have always wanted a snake...

258. Hmm...I think if I had any trauma, I blocked it from my memory. :P

259. No school work!!

260. Not sure what SweetTarts are, but I do like Smarties!

261. I've always been partial to 6. I usually like even numbers. In my head, the odd numbers are the bad guys. /:)

262. I have a phobia of caterpillers. I am completely serious! Worms, grubs, slugs all fit in the same catergory as well. I am also slightly claustrophobic.

263. I would love one, except that I'd be scared to get in an accident. I drive a truck and feel very safe in it. :P

264. I love licorace (Spl?), and "Swedish berries", and anything sour and sugary!

Topic starter Posted : February 17, 2010 3:29 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: