Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

Page 25 / 26
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I don't suppose this server maintenance will include a fix to the avie problem will it? And yes it still the same error code that it was before :(

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : September 28, 2011 5:09 pm
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

fantasia_kitty,
Thanks for the info. I was about to ask. I keep getting logged out, (not just when I hit the link- I tried it). If I leave the page even for a second it logs me out. :)

Posted : September 28, 2011 5:24 pm
Alice_WL
(@alice_wl)
NarniaWeb Regular

Yup, I'm having the same chat problem (having to log in and then be sent to the forums page), too, so it's not just me.. :D

I'll keep checking back.. Thanks for the info, all. ^_^

"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First

Posted : September 30, 2011 9:27 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

To give everybody a brief update, Tirian has been going through code line by line trying to find the problem and can't find it. He's been troubleshooting with some other website developers and code masters looking for the issue. Hopefully it will be resolved soon, but who knows?

Thanks for being patient everybody.

By the way, I understand that The Rose Tree Dryad has created a temporary chatroom for everybody to hang out in while ours is down. Linkage here...
http://www.chatzy.com/762360045415

Topic starter Posted : September 30, 2011 9:35 am
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

Thank you for the update and the link! :) I'll keep being patient.

Posted : September 30, 2011 10:20 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

Good Luck Tirian Thanks for the update, FK...

I took screenshots of the avatar uploading issue that's been such a chronic problem. This is on Chrome &Windows 7, taken yesterday (9/29)

Click to view bigger. This is the same problem that's been going on for a while. This happens if you try to change your avatar using a url. I was using photobucket, but this has been a problem with other sites as well. If you refresh the page it will appear normal again, but you still won't have a new avatar.

And just as before we can still upload from our computers and the gallery

From what I can tell with the chat when you log in, it logs you in through the forum, but when it redirects it logs you back out. I'm no computer wiz though, but it seems that the continuously logging out of the forum and the chat issues are related. This is however coming from someone who types with one hand and knows nothing about computer codes. ;)

But I really hope you guys are able to fix this :-s

Edit more stuff!
I noticed when it relogs me out of the chat this is the url:
http://forum.narniaweb.com/ajaxchat/?logout=true

You probably knew it, but I firgured I'd mention it. Also it starts to load, but stops and redirects on mine, is this the same for everyone else?

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : September 30, 2011 12:13 pm
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

Chat's working again for me and some other people. :) Can everybody else get into chat? I think the problem is solved now.

Posted : October 1, 2011 5:54 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

Yes but now I still have the same problem I had before =)) It might be my browser or connection... I'll experiment with different browsers a little.

FK, you use chrome, right? Is it loading weird for you?

Edit well it works fine on IE. Meh I can chat, I'm content XD

Posted : October 1, 2011 6:54 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Ok, I think everything regarding the cookie situation (staying logged in and the chatroom) should be fixed now. Wolf, I'm not sure Tirian has ever been made aware of the avatar issue. I'll forward your post to him to see if he can take care of it.

Topic starter Posted : October 3, 2011 4:17 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I should have posted this a few days ago, but forgot. The email system is currently down. (You will not receive any kind of notifications from the site.) Tirian is working on fixing it so hopefully it will be up and running again soon. Sorry for any and all inconveniences.

Topic starter Posted : October 11, 2011 5:29 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

Poor Tirian XD Good luck with the gremlins!

Posted : October 12, 2011 6:24 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

Apologizes for double posting but for me the homepage right now is down and the forums look like this:

http://i832.photobucket.com/albums/zz24 ... litch3.png

Anyone else have this? I know a few who don't so I'm confused. And it's not just my browser either... It's on Chrome and IE

Edit make that (as far as I know) everything else is down except the forums which look like the above and the chat which hasn't changed since my last post.

Edit2. My roommate can't get it on her computer either, so I'm thinking it might be my internet.

Posted : October 14, 2011 9:40 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Heads up! Tirian fixed the emails today and if you are subscribed to anything on the forum, you're going to be crushed by the backlog of emails that'll come through. ;))

You have been warned.

Topic starter Posted : October 19, 2011 1:20 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

There's this one ad on here that keeps making my mouse glitch. Every time its on the top bar my mouse keeps blinking (ie rapidly disappearing and reappearing) Is there anyway to get rid of that ad? It's annoying me :P

Posted : November 9, 2011 5:30 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Wolfy, I've been noticing that a lot of the same glitches that you have happen to me as well, like the one where your mouse blinks out. This happened to me earlier, but I didn't take note of what ad it was, sadly. Do you happen to be using Google Chrome?

av by dot

Posted : November 9, 2011 11:51 am
Page 25 / 26
Share: