Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 5 / 16
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Hi @Sandor, welcome to the forum! How special that you knew Walter Hooper; every fan of C.S. Lewis owes Mr. Hooper so much for his service in preserving Lewis's legacy. I was so sad to hear about his passing, but so honored to be able to write our site's tribute to him.

Enjoy exploring the forum, and if you have any questions, just let us know. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2021 10:18 pm
Sandor liked
Sir Cabbage
(@sir-cabbage)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hello everyone,

I was recently reminded that there will be a Netflix series - hopefully of all the books - and so on and so forth it lead me to joining this forum. Hope to find some friendly folk here. 🙂

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Sir Cabbage :p

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Now that is going back a bit. I first came across the website when looking up Narnia some time before the first film came out, so maybe 2004ish. I recall reading an article that they had thought about modernising LWW to the US, with Edmund eating hamburgers instead of Turkish Delight or something like that *shudder*. After that I've tended to dip into it every few years to see what else is going on. I found it again recently when I was looking up news on the Netflix series, and saw there was an active forum. I have also started listening to the podcasts!

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Can't quite recall! The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe was the first (of course). Wasn't until my teens that I had read them -all-. My first awareness of the series was through the BBC's adaptation of LWW.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Quite a few...

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Not sure; it's a tricky question. Sometimes I show a leaning towards The Magician's Nephew, but I can't ignore the intrigue of others. Don't know!

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I like drawing, history and reading to name just a few things.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2021 11:14 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Welcome to NarniaWeb, @sandor and @sir-cabbage. Wave It is always good to meet other CSL fans! Cool  

Sir Cabbage, your username intrigues me. Such fun. May I ask how you chose it? Bats eyes  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 18, 2021 11:28 am
Sandor liked
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

Welcome to the forum, @Sir-Cabbage! Wave NarniaWeb actually published an article last year about some previously-unknown details about that dreaded modernized adaptation of LWW that thankfully never happened; you might find it interesting. Even though I have my criticisms of Disney/Walden's 2005 version, I am extremely grateful that it was as faithful as it was! Narnia fans got lucky. Whew

Have fun exploring the discussions here, and enjoy the podcast! Thumbs up

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2021 4:28 pm
Sir Cabbage
(@sir-cabbage)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thank you for the welcomes, Johobbit and The Rose-Tree Dryad ! 🙂

I will take a look at that article! 

And as to my username... well it's really quite nonsensical really! 😛 I came up with it many years ago with pretty random intent, and then I later used it elsewhere for Narnia on the internet (because of the knight link... cabbage of course being a bit more out there) and thought I might as well stick with the name here, too.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 10:35 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

I like it, @Sir-Cabbage! And I like your avatar with (I presume) Mr. and Mrs. Beaver... If you ever have any Narnia drawings to share, be sure to check out the Narnia Fan Art subforum and post them there! Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 19, 2021 9:30 pm
Sir Cabbage
(@sir-cabbage)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thank you! I wasn't sure if anyone would get that they were the beavers and that it would just look like random pencil shapes instead! ? I didn't know what to use as an avatar and thought this old doodle would do for the time being (the whole image didn't really work as an avatar).

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 22, 2021 10:57 am
johobbit
(@jo)

@sir-cabbage, they totally look like beavers, really nice sketch. Mr & Mrs Beaver, indeed! Grin  

And cool re your username. Giggle   Smile  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 22, 2021 11:05 am
GracePevensie15
(@gracepevensie15)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb

Hey guys! ? I’m super excited that I found this forum! I first heard of NarniaWeb after a late night Google search on something Narnia related (typical of me). I started listening to the Talking Beasts podcast, and decided to join in on the conversation here on NarniaWeb!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): 
Grace Pevensie here on NarniaWeb.. or just Grace.

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Teenager ✌?

4. Occupation: I’m a writer! I’m the assistant news editor for a Christian music website, and I write Bible study curriculum. (Funny story, once I included a whole Narnia analogy into one of my Bible studies.)

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Google. No idea what I Googled honestly. Something Narnia related and this came up.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I believe I was about five or six when I first saw one of the Walden Narnia movies, but I only recently started reading the books as of last year.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Only once, as of right now! However, I have read The Voyage of the Dawn Treader twice.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Horse and His Boy for sure! It’s such a great adventure story, and I love the way Aslan is portrayed in that book.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: When I’m not working or writing, I love spending my free time baking, reading, and listening to music. Switchfoot will always remain my all time favorite band! Any other fans in here?!

Life is short, live it well ♥️

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2021 4:49 pm
Carley, The Rose-Tree Dryad, Courtenay and 1 people liked
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

Hi @GracePevensie15, we're excited to have you here! Wave So glad you've been enjoying the podcast, and I hope you enjoy the forum, too! Grin

I can think of a few threads here in the Spare Oom you might enjoy: the books thread, the Food for Thought thread, and the favorite music thread. We also have a music blog over in Games & Blogs that I am rather fond of as well; it's great for just sharing a song or two that you like. How cool that you write for a Christian music site!

Have fun exploring the forum! Here's some mood music to help you settle in... Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 6, 2021 9:07 pm
GracePevensie15
(@gracepevensie15)

@rose Thank you so much! ?

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 3:34 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

@gracepevensie15

Welcome to NarniaWeb!

Sincerely,

A fellow Switchfoot fan 

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2021 10:07 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

@gracepevensie15 Hello and welcome! That's so cool that you write for a Christian music website and Bible studies, too!

Hope you enjoy it here on NarniaWeb — it's one of the nicest online communities I've ever found, for sure — and that you'll read the Chronicles many more times! Grin  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 11:37 am
GracePevensie15
(@gracepevensie15)

@glenwit Thank you! And hey fellow Switchfoot fan! ?

@courtenay Thank you! I’ve already been blown away by the kindness of the members on here. ?

This post was modified 3 years ago by GracePevensie15

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 7:26 pm
Glenwit and Courtenay liked
johobbit
(@jo)

@gracepevensie15, a (belated) welcome to NarniaWeb. Wave We hope you enjoy the camaraderie of the community here, along with the discussions. It is always good to meet another Narnia fan! Grin  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 9, 2021 1:31 pm
Page 5 / 16
Share: