Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 4 / 16
Miss Pink
(@miss-pink)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): 

my name is Alina, but on the internet i often use the Name Miss Pink. Its my absolute favorit color i never go outsite without it 😉

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids):
A happy single

4. Occupation:

im Working with Kids

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb

i found the Podcast on Spotify

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles:

probably 11 ore 12

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles:

two times, but i have listen and watcht it a lot more!

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:

all of them! I can‘t tell

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:

i love Art, watch often Movies and like to be around People

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2021 5:21 am
Tarva
(@tarva)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hi there! I’m going by Tarva 🙂

I’m married.

4. Occupation: 

I work for a landscape company.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:

I wrote my MA dissertation on Lewis. 

I started reading through them on my own at 8. They’ve always been a part of me life!

I really can’t say. I think 5-7 times is a reasonable estimate. 

ah. I’ll go with my favorite right now, because depending on what I’m thinking about or going through my favorite changes, so right now I think it’d have to be The Horse and his Boy. The thematic traveling/longing to belong/desire for this dreamed about place is very similar to this waiting period I find myself in. 

I love running, playing instruments. I love spending time with my family. I really can’t be happier than when I’m with my husband and/or playing with my nieces and nephews! 

I’m so excited to join this community! 

This post was modified 8 months ago by Tarva
ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2021 7:49 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Welcome to our two newest members, @miss-pink and @tarva! Wave  

So cool that you did your MA thesis on Lewis, Tarva. May I ask what aspect? And congratulations on your wedding! Grin

Miss Pink, have you liked that cheery colour all your life?

Welcome here to NarniaWeb, both of you! Smile   https://assets.listia.com/photos/84404/original.jpg?s=320x320m&sig=978344cc86099d2f&ts=1264893750

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 8, 2021 10:48 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Welcome, @Miss-Pink and @Tarva! Wave

Miss Pink, I'm rather fond of pink myself... and all bright pastels, really. I love cheerful hues. Grin

Congrats on your recent marriage, Tarva, and good luck on your PhD! Ditto to @Jo's question about your MA dissertation, that sounds interesting. Smile

Glad you both have been enjoying the podcast, and I hope you'll enjoy our community, too if you have any questions, feel free to ask, and have fun exploring all the discussions! Star

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2021 11:15 am
Miss Pink
(@miss-pink)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@jo jes, i can‘t remember a time without this color . I was just like many little girls with a lot of glitter and pink but i never left this part and now many years Later i‘m the Pink lady Angel  

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 8, 2021 1:03 pm
johobbit liked
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

On here I'm Lu_valient, but you can also call me Hannah.

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl):

Queen

Single

4. Occupation: 

Joann Fabrics employee. I love fabric and costuming. Co-vid19 has gotten in the way of me applying for costuming jobs. Well, that and nerves.

I think it was through the costuming site around the time Prince Caspian came out.

It was first read to me as a wee tike. Neither my parents nor I can remember exactly when. By the time LWW came out I was obsessed.

Too many to count.

Probably, The Silver Chair. Followed by everything else.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you

I have broken my left wrist twice, it no longer rotates the same way as my right. This is evident when I try to shake off water from my hands. I'm also a bit costume obsessed and once worked on plotting out a story where Jill was kind of in Voyage of the Dawn Treader. I love fairy tales. Melanie Dickerson is an excellent Christian author who writes historically based fairy tale books. 

made by katherine

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2021 9:16 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

Hi, @Lu_valient / Hannah! Wave It is good to see you back on the forum, and was fun to read through your post. Cool about your interest in costuming. I hope you can eventually land a job in this field. Smile And I sure hope you don't break your left wrist again. Hug  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 18, 2021 7:35 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @lu_valient

I love fairy tales. Melanie Dickerson is an excellent Christian author who writes historically based fairy tale books. 

Lovely to meet you, Hannah! Smile I'll have to look Melanie Dickerson up. I'd love to read more Christian authors, like C.S. Lewis and Tolkien, whose faith infuses their works but not in an explicit or preachy sort of way.

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 18, 2021 10:42 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

I'm glad you've been enjoying the forum, @Lu_valient! It's always great to see old members return and enjoy the new digs. Grin

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2021 8:53 pm
JQnHQ
(@jqnhq)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Just Queen, not High Queen, aka JQnHQ

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: Student

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Found it after Disney abandoned the Narnia series.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 11

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: 2 1/2 (in middle of second read)

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: VDT

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Filmmaking, writing, arts and crafts (knitting, crosstitch, etc.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2021 10:33 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Welcome, JQnHQ! - at last the meaning behind the enigmatic name is revealed! Grin  

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2021 10:43 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

Hi @JQnHQ! Welcome to the forum. Wave

I've been puzzling over what your username might mean, thinking it might be two people with the initials JQ and HQ, and now I see the Narnia-inspired answer has been staring me in the face all this time. Giggle

With your interests, it sounds like you'll fit in here just fine! I think you might enjoy our discussion thread for knitting and fabric crafts here in the Spare Oom, and we have a thread for writers, too (which I am currently tardy about posting in, but will hopefully remedy soon Giggle ).

Enjoy exploring the forum, and definitely enjoy that second reading of The Chronicles! Grin

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2021 10:47 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

Welcome,@JQnHQ! Smile It is fun to know the meaning of your username (as others have mentioned Cool ). That was, indeed, an entertaining puzzle. Giggle  

So glad you have found NarniaWeb, and yes! savour reading the beloved Chronicles again. Grin  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 8, 2021 7:01 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Hooray, someone else who does cross stitch!!!  Grin  Welcome, @jqnhq — hope you enjoy it here and have a wonderful re-read of the Chronicles!

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 8, 2021 4:18 pm
Sandor
(@sandor)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Anne

(Sandor was my late, much beloved dog, named after author Sandor Marai.) 

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl):

Queen

single - no kids 

4. Occupation: 

I am a medium. I do individual readings of various types, energy work, and animal communication. 

I stumbled across it recently while looking for tribute articles on Walter Hooper (who I knew!!). 

I was 8 when my BFF handed me a library copy of Wardrobe and said “Wait ‘til you read THIS!”. 

I’m not sure... I don’t always read the entire set each time, and I don’t keep track of things like this. 

The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe. I was already a voracious reader at 8, and distinctly remember becoming more and more thrilled as I read the book for the first time. Then the Lion appeared... I was hooked, for life. 

I love to read, especially anything by Lewis or Tolkien, including Lewis’ nonfiction, I read a lot of history too. (I’m currently obsessed with Alexander the Great.)
I do needlework - needlepoint and crewel primarily. 
I have an old house that I’m restoring and doing a lot of the work myself. I also love gardening and working in my yard. 
I love animals of all types. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2021 11:34 am
Courtenay liked
Page 4 / 16
Share: