Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 2 / 16
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Welcome to all who have joined or returned recently! Wave It is good to have each of you here. Smile  

Perla, we have had a few non-native English speakers here over the years, and you are most welcome. Smile Your English is very good! And I love the Spanish name "Perla" for Jewel - beautiful!

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 24, 2020 6:49 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Welcome Perla!  The origin of your username is really cool!  I used to be the opposite of you actually, my native language is English, but I studied Spanish for 7 years.  I haven't used it in a long time though, so it's hard for me to speak it now even though I was fairly good at it 10 yrs ago (not quite fluent, but not that far away).  I'd love to take it up again... I love learning about different languages (I also studied German for 2 years).  Your English is really good!  I wouldn't have guessed that you are not a native speaker if you hadn't mentioned.  Also, I've been using it my whole life and I still don't know where to put a comma half of the time. 😛 

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 1:28 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

A belated welcome to you, @Perla! Wave

I agree with Wolfy; your English is very good. We've had more international members sign up in the past year or so; I think forums are a nice gathering space for worldwide fan communities because the conversation is often a bit slower-paced. Smile

And wow, that's so interesting about Jewel's name being Pearl in the Spanish translation! I had never thought about that before. It really makes me wonder what some if some of other "word" names in Narnia, like Puddleglum or Glenstorm, have interesting translations in other languages.

(It also makes me think that if Netflix introduces any new unicorn characters in their Narnia adaptation, they should be named Pearl or something like that!)

Anyway, hope you enjoy exploring the community and the world of Narnia! If you have any questions about how to use the forum, feel free to ask. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2020 3:45 pm
EmperorBehindTheScreen
(@dannyb)
NarniaWeb Regular

Greetings, I’m new to the NarniaWeb community. Allow me introduce myself, my name is Tumnu- sorry, wrong thread!  Eyebrow  

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): My name’s Daniel, but my friends call me Danny. Hope you like my username, it took me all of 2 minutes to come up with!  LOL  

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): I am a Son of Adam.

3. Family (single/married/kids): I’m 17 years old, currently single and living with my parents.

4. Occupation: I’m a student at college, currently doing a course in sound production (audio engineering and whatnot). Outwith college I’m also an actor, musical artist, independent model and I own a business with my friends: an upcoming clothing brand!

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Growing up I’ve always been vaguely aware of NarniaWeb, but in recent years I’ve been using the site as a means of getting the latest Narnia news. None of my real-life friends are particularly interested in Narnia so I thought I’d join the forum to discuss my thoughts on the series with like-minded people. Recently I started listening to NarniaWeb’s Talking Beasts podcast as well and I’m thoroughly enjoying that.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I must have been around 6 or 7 when I first read the books, but my first experience with the franchise was actually through playing the LWW game on the Nintendo DS, then watching the 1979 film, then the 2005 Walden Film. This then prompted me to pick up the books once I learned to read properly. Narnia was the first fiction franchise I ever became a fan of, so it holds a sentimental place in my heart.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I’ve read through the full series start-to-finish only once, but I’m currently re-reading the full thing. In terms of reading the individual books, I’ve probably read The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe about 10 times, followed by The Magician’s Nephew 3 or 4 times, and Prince Caspian 2 or 3 times.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Honestly I can’t say which I like best, since they all have their unique aspects and charms to them.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Since I was 12 my dream acting role has been to play King Tirian in the on-screen adaptation of The Last Battle! This is partially because (despite how likely this may be these days) one dream of mine is to work alongside Georgie, Skandar and William on a Narnia film (not to discrimimate against Anna, but we all know the plot of The Last Battle LOL  ). I’d also be keen to play a teenage Prince William in the final season of The Crown on Netflix. When I was at school I had principal roles in the musicals they put on, so I’d love to be involved in some on-screen musicals as well!

This post was modified 4 years ago 4 times by EmperorBehindTheScreen

“Peter did not feel very brave, indeed, he felt he was going to be sick. But that made no difference to what he had to do.”

“This is my password. The light is dawning. Now guard thee, miscreant, for I am Tirian of Narnia.”

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2020 2:04 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Welcome, Emperor!

I had a big smile on my face as I read that you had always known about Narniaweb, and  to realise that we are such a well-established site. 

I hope you get to fulfil your ambitions: do you have an agent yet? Smile  

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2020 2:42 pm
EmperorBehindTheScreen
(@dannyb)
NarniaWeb Regular

@coracle

I do indeed. I’m with UKCasting at the moment and I’ve already gotten a few jobs with them!

“Peter did not feel very brave, indeed, he felt he was going to be sick. But that made no difference to what he had to do.”

“This is my password. The light is dawning. Now guard thee, miscreant, for I am Tirian of Narnia.”

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 26, 2020 3:03 pm
coracle liked
Narnian Rose
(@narnian-rose)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Narnian Rose

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): single

4. Occupation: I still go to school but I do have job at a local grocery store 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was looking for silver chair movie news and eventually found Narnia Web

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 10 years old

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Only a few times but I love them dearly

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The last battle

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love musical theater. I also like to read and write in my free time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 3, 2020 7:16 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

I am quite tardy in this, but even still, want to give a warm welcome to EmperorBehindTheScreen (@dannyb) Wave and @Narnian-Rose.  Wave   We sure hope you enjoy the many discussions on the forum here. We look forward to becoming more acquainted, as fellow Narnians. Smile Further up and further in!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 22, 2020 8:57 am
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Most know me as Gen or Genny (Real name is Kelly if you all would prefer)

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: Dance instructor, office assistant, and retail associate

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I saw a commercial for Prince Caspian on tv and went online to learn more about it. Stumbled across NarniaWeb and decided to join a short while later to share my love with other Narnian fans.

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: It's been a long time, but I'm assuming around nine years old if I recall correctly. 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Too many times to count

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: LWW. The first one I read and hence will always be a favorite of mine. 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Those of you who were unfortunate to know my teenage self from years back (yikes), might possibly remember that I was an avid dancer. That love has yet to dwindle and this past May I started teaching at my longtime dance studio and became an official part of the staff in September. I still take ballet five times a week and am finishing up my final few months in college (FINALLY) where I am completing my studies in dance and photography. Outside of that I'm not too interesting.

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 7:29 pm
mariemarch8
(@mariemarch)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Marie

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single

4. Occupation: College student and part time laboratory technician

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I've been of fan of the Chronicles of Narnia for so long, so I often search the internet for informations about it and I stumbled across this website a few months ago, but I only recently decided to create myself an account .

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I'm not sure but probably between the age of 10 and 12. 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: All seven of them probably 2 times, but I've read Prince Caspian and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader multiple times. 

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Prince Caspian! ? 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Reading and writing. 

Nice to meet you all and I loved reading your posts!:) Smile  

Marie

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 12, 2020 9:24 am
johobbit
(@jo)

A hearty and warm Welcome Back to you, @thegentlewarrior.

And, hello, @mariemarch! Wave Welcome to NarniaWeb! You are in good company here, given all our mutual strong love for The Chronicles of Narnia. We are so glad you decided to join, and look forward to more of your posts. Feel free to ask any questions as you discover the forum. Smile  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 12, 2020 10:36 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Posted by: @mariemarch

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Prince Caspian!

Hooray, someone else who loves Prince Caspian!!! Grin Grin Grin I don't have an absolute favourite of the Chronicles, but Prince Caspian is definitely one of the closest to my heart and I can never understand why it so often gets ranked lowest in polls or discussions for rating favourite and least favourite Narnia books. The last time I read it (which was quite recently), I loved it more than ever and the whole theme of rediscovering the "Old Narnia" meant more to me than ever before. So glad I'm not the only one who appreciates it so much!!

Anyway, hello and welcome to you and @thegentlewarrior too! Smile  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 13, 2020 3:24 am
Bartholmew
(@bartholmew)
NarniaWeb Junkie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name):

Bartholomew or Andrew

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl)

King

3. Family (single/married/kids):

Married

4. Occupation: 

Work for a security company currently ! 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:

My older sister [dont remember her username] introduced me to Narnia Web when I was quite young!

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles:

Not positive, read them young probably 8-10 years old?

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles:

Three times, should read them again soon.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:

Always has been the silver chair [as far as the books go]

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:

I enjoy video games, spending time with my wife and cat. 

Also, @thegentlewarrior and I spent many hours in the NarniaWeb chat room together, happy to hear your still dancing!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2020 1:54 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

@Bartholmew, it sure is wonderful to see you here on NarniaWeb again! Wave So much has changed in many of our lives, and, cool, you're married now! I well remember that fascinating discussions in the Christianity, Religion, and Philosophy topic. (I think I've got the right person, anyway. Giggle ) It's always great to see 'old' members return. Grin  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 21, 2020 2:30 pm
Loyal Lucy
(@loyal-lucy)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Name (please avoid your real full name): Vanessa

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen of Narnia

3. Family (single/married/kids):Under eighteen

4. Occupation: Little sister

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:

I wanted to find a Narnia forum since I have been re-obsessed with the series

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles:

Maybe when I was six. My mom would read the books to my siblings and I when we would go to bed. I should read them again but I don't know where they are since we moved. Before that I had watched the BBC version of the LWW. I now watch the Walden media versions.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles:

Sadly, once.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:
I like the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe the best.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:

I bake, read and write fanfiction, and I am a self-taught ballerina. 🙂

This post was modified 3 years ago 2 times by Loyal Lucy
ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2020 12:49 pm
Page 2 / 16
Share: