Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Getting to Know You!

Page 3 / 16
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

@bartholmew Welcome back!  Good to see you around again!

@loyal-lucy Welcome!  Wow, that's really cool that you taught yourself ballet!  I am a bit clumsy myself, and I have a history of ankle injuries I'd rather not aggravate ( Tongue ) but I think it's really great to try and teach yourself how to do something you have always wanted to do!  For me it's aquascaping and terrariums... though I'm still very new to it. Blush   I imagine it must take a lot of training and practice to keep your balance during certain moves (or whatever the technical term is Blush ).  Did you (or do you still) find it difficult to do so?

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2020 12:13 am
Loyal Lucy
(@loyal-lucy)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@wolfloversk - Aww. I sprained my ankle two years ago and now I don't really like running since it hurts or something like that. Its been strange ever since I got it sprained. I can't believe I tripped over myself while walking down super steep stairs outside. 🙂
Ballet. Well. I'm not good as Misty Copeland or Dusty Button, but I'm learning. Only a few months ago have I started to teach myself ballet. This month will be my sixth month of teaching myself ballet. Pliés are one of my favorites. Oh and the five positions. I love doing that. Pointé (its how to make your feet pointy and ballerina-ish) is also fun. 🙂

Aquascaping sounds cool!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2020 9:11 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @loyal-lucy

@wolfloversk - Aww. I sprained my ankle two years ago and now I don't really like running since it hurts or something like that. Its been strange ever since I got it sprained. I can't believe I tripped over myself while walking down super steep stairs outside. 🙂

I know the feeling!  I sprained mine a few years back running and just clipping the edge of an empty puddle/ditch with my foot  Giggle    It's been over ten years and I'm still wondering how I managed that one.  My ankles are actually prone to just giving out on me if I even just turn the wrong way suddenly.  I have twisted that one several times since I sprained it... it has never been the same since then.  But the other one I used to call my bad ankle (before that incident) because I had actually twisted it a good 5 times by the time I was in high school.  Now they are both bad 😛  (Once, I even twisted each one on separate occasions on the same day!)  And my Dad wonders why I take so much time hiking up and down slopes  Tongue    

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 27, 2020 10:11 pm
Loyal Lucy
(@loyal-lucy)
NarniaWeb Newbie
Posted by: @wolfloversk
Posted by: @loyal-lucy

I know the feeling!  I sprained mine a few years back running and just clipping the edge of an empty puddle/ditch with my foot  Giggle    It's been over ten years and I'm still wondering how I managed that one.  My ankles are actually prone to just giving out on me if I even just turn the wrong way suddenly.  I have twisted that one several times since I sprained it... it has never been the same since then.  But the other one I used to call my bad ankle (before that incident) because I had actually twisted it a good 5 times by the time I was in high school.  Now they are both bad 😛  (Once, I even twisted each one on separate occasions on the same day!)  And my Dad wonders why I take so much time hiking up and down slopes  Tongue    

Oh wow! That's crazy! If I run, I usually fall on my ankle and it doesn't at all feel good. It feels like the same day I sprained it. So no career in running! 😉

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2020 10:13 am
Sarah-in-the-Wobwob
(@sarah-in-the-wobwob)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name):

Sarah is my name. When I was little I couldn't say Wardrobe, so it came out "Wobwob". I thought it would make a cute username. 

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): 

Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids):

Married with a Stepdaughter. 

4. Occupation: 

Unemploymed right now, but I'll be starting college in February. Going for a Bachelors in legal studies 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:

When I first had access to the internet in 2013 I was all over anything Narnia... I rediscovered NarniaWeb and made an account today after finding Talking Beasts Podcast (love it!).

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles:

My dad read them to me when i was 5-6 years old. I read them for myself  when I was 11 years old.

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles:

More times than I can remember 

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:

The Silver Chair is my favorite! 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:

I'm an artist. I love to paint and draw. I love animals! Blush  

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 18, 2020 6:38 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator
Posted by: @sarah-in-the-wobwob

When I was little I couldn't say Wardrobe, so it came out "Wobwob". I thought it would make a cute username. 

Totally! Absolutely love that. Too cute. Giggle And welcome to NarniaWeb, @sarah-in-the-wobwobWave We're glad you're enjoying the Talking Beasts podcast. Grin I like to say that my favourite Chronicle is whichever one I am reading at the time, but if I had to choose, it would be The Silver Chair too.

And you're an artist! Check out the Narnian Fan Art section of the forum: https://community.narniaweb.com/index.php/community/narnian-fan-art/ when you can.

Enjoy the discussions! We look forward to your contributions here. Smile  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 18, 2020 10:35 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Welcome, @Sarah-in-the-Wobwob! Wave At first I was puzzled by your username and Google's only suggestion was that the music genre dubstep is sometimes called "Wobwob," and then it finally clicked. Very cute. Giggle Glad you're enjoying the podcast, and glad to have you here! Have fun exploring the forum. Smile

And I've been remiss in my greetings recently, but belated welcomes to @dannyb, @Narnian-Rose, @mariemarch, and @Loyal-Lucy, and welcome back to @TheGentleWarrior and @Bartholmew! Great to see faces new and old. Smile

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 18, 2020 2:45 pm
johobbit liked
Joyce Adrift
(@joyce-adrift)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hi and I apologize I’m having a dickens of a time making copypaste work.

I’m Joyce Adrift.

queen

Im here because I like CS Lewis and Narnia is charming and as my name indicates, I’m adrift and floating through the internet, looking for a gentle place to land.

Ive read the first three Narnia books, but I love *Mere Christianity* and think it should be required reading.

merry Christmas and Happy New Year 

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 30, 2020 6:23 pm
Courtenay liked
johobbit
(@jo)

Welcome to NarniaWeb, @joyce-adrift! Wave We hope you stay, as this forum is a gentle, fun, stimulating place to be. Cool
Truly, Mere Christianity is such a great read! I was just listening to Focus on the Family's radio theatre presentation of this the other day. So good! The subtitle for the radio drama is something like "How Mere Christianity came to be". So, it's the background story. Smile

Which of the three Narnia books have you read?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 30, 2020 6:33 pm
Joyce Adrift
(@joyce-adrift)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@jo I read the first three.  They were really good

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 30, 2020 6:35 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

Wups, you said that in your initial post. Blush So, were those in chronological or publication order? Wink Might you be planning to read the rest sometime? Bats eyes Giggle  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 30, 2020 6:36 pm
Joyce Adrift
(@joyce-adrift)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@joChronological.  I actually do plan to finish the series.  I also recommend *Screwtape Letters* and *A Grief Observed*.  The last one broke me, it was so raw and authentic.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 30, 2020 6:45 pm
johobbit liked
johobbit
(@jo)

Of CSL's non-fiction books, A Grief Observed is my most treasured for the exact reasons you mentioned. And The Screwtape Letters is brilliant!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 30, 2020 6:46 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@joyce-adrift Hi, stay with us, we're friendly and kind, and we practise being gracious. We have some games, and all sorts of nooks to discuss a variety of topics. 
We are also residents of various countries, and a wide age range.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 30, 2020 9:08 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Hello and welcome, @joyce-adrift! Smile This is definitely a gentle and lovely forum and a wonderful place to be. I'm sure you'll love the rest of the Narnia books too!

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 31, 2020 2:09 am
Page 3 / 16
Share: