Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] FK's Fun Thread of the Week - Favorite Narnia Book

Page 4 / 4
A_Narnian_Ship
(@a_narnian_ship)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh this is so hard!!!! I think I'll go with VDT. I love adventure and the sea so put them together and there you have it! my favorite!

I saw the movie....and was disappointed

Posted : March 22, 2010 9:22 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

'Spose I ought to answer my own question hehe.

My favorite of the books is The Silver Chair, hands down. Firstly, it's got my two favorite characters, Jill Pole (for being my fictional doppleganger) and Puddleglum (who has the best speech in the whole series). It's got my favorite villian, the Lady of the Green Kirtle. And it's got my favorite of the spiritual lessons that Lewis wrote into the books... that even when/if you really screw up in life, things can still work out according to God's plan. It's just up to you whether you want to do it the easy way or the hard way. ;)

Topic starter Posted : March 22, 2010 9:33 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Right on, fk.

Also, the idea not deviating from Aslan's signs in the quest for Rilian has meant a lot to me in my own life in regards to following God's ways and knowing that His principles and methods are best, even though the road may seem uncertain and dark.

I actually meant to add to something similar relating to fk's second last sentence (see her post above), and then plumb forgot. :p It's amazing to know that God will still be orchestrating His plan when we follow His ways ... and even when we mess up: such a solid and comforting lesson on God's sovereignty from The Silver Chair.

*wonders what Fun Topic fk has up next* :D

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : March 22, 2010 10:06 am
Page 4 / 4
Share: