Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Favorite Music: Brand-New Band, Same Old Name

Page 107 / 107
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

^^I'm sure Skillet couldn't make it for some of the nights. Concerts do taht sometimes. Like in the Winter Wonderslam RK couldn't make it two nights so they had Ktuless play instead...

HH: sounds awesome! I'd love to go to a concert like that! :D

Posted : March 15, 2010 11:10 am
MissAravis
(@missaravis)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Glenstorm: Well now you know! I like the cover, but I just think the whole idea of someone releasing a cover as a single is rather strange.
Yeah, I finally bought their EPs. I had their two full-length albums already. I didn't really need the Collapse EP, but I wanted to get the two demos, and since it was only 3.99 anyway, I just got the whole thing. The White Lights EP is pretty awesome.
I hope the Anberlin songs grow on you! For some reason I always liked those right from the start.

Kate: That's really true. I still do like some songs on there. My mom isn't a huge fan of Christian artists who aren't really blatant with their lyrics, but lately I've been irritated by all of the cliches in CCM lyrics. I think TAN does a good job compared to some as far as not being so cliche with their lyrics. Honestly, for me now, lyrics like Deas Vail's are more meaningful to me because they aren't so hackneyed. I feel as though sometimes if an artist uses the same words that have been used over and over to praise God, the significance of what they're saying is really diminished.
Interesting, I think I do remember reading something about Wes being classically trained. Oh man, I was so blown away by this live performance of Shoreline. Owl City, Lights and Deas Vail are coming near me in May, and I really want to go, but the Relient K concert is 3 days later, and I don't know if I can go to both.
Edit: I just found out that Paper Route replaced Deas Vail at that show. :( I'm not dying to go anymore, lol.

Lark: I would add 'Til I Got To Know You to that list too. Actually, I really like the acoustic version of that one in particular.
Hehe... well, I sort of have perfect pitch, so things like that tend to stick out to me. :P

Sounds like a great concert Hello Hurricane! I would LOVE to hear House of Heroes live. That's awesome that you got to meet Skipper though. I love him. ;))

Posted : March 15, 2010 12:02 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I'm sad. Owl City was coming to Boston and I can't go b/c the tickets are all sold out. I'm very dissapointed. This is the second time this has happened to me :(( . I'm think I'm going to buy a CD to cheer myself up... :(

Idk, I just don't really like Anberlin. I've been reading some of the lyrics and they're really good. By that I mean they're well written and clever, but I don't feel any pull to God by listening to them. That's why I like most of the bands I like-music is my pathway to a connection with God, that why I love it so much. Good music makes me feel complete. With Anberlin it's like I have to force myself to listen to them. The only song I've liked of the 8 I have is True Faith and that's not even their song.

On another note I loved that Deas Vail video. Wes is amazing :x .

Posted : March 15, 2010 3:25 pm
The Pendragon
(@the-pendragon)
NarniaWeb Junkie

^^Yeah, I know what you mean about Anberlin. I couldn't really get into them except for A Whisper & A Clamor, A Day Late, Breathe, & Alexithyma. But, I didn't really like the actual music. It wasn't my style. On the other hand...

I am LOVING Seabird right now! :x They're new CD is amazing!!!! My favorites are The Good King, The Sound Of You & I, & Finally Done Right.

They have really catchy tunes, & the lyrics are pretty straightforward. But each song is about different things, & themes. Cause sometimes a band will only sing about 1 o2 things. ;))

Finally Done Right is about Michael Jackson's life, & that's a really good song. The Good King is about Jesus coming back. You can read the lyrics here. & The Sound of You & I is a really sweet love song. :x

Also, I am loving these songs from Relient K:
-Forgiven (this one is probably my all-time favorite RK song right now)
-Deathbed (I am SO obsessed with this song!)
-Must Have Done Something Right (this one too! :p )
-Curl Up & Die (aaaaa, :x )
-I Don't Need a Soul (I don't know why, but I am crazy about this one!)
-Come Right Out & Say It
-Give Until There's Nothing Left
-When I Go Down
-Up & Up
-Getting Into You (beautiful!)
-There Was Another Time In My Life

Wonderin' with Toby Mac & Matt is really good, too. I've had it stuck in my head! :p

I got the Ohio Avenue album, but I haven't listened to the whole thing. They're pretty good! The Cure is my favorite so far. They're a lot like TAN, but I don't they're better. Maybe a little more modern musically, but not as good lyrically. At least, IMO.

Posted : March 16, 2010 5:23 am
winterlife
(@winterlife)
NarniaWeb Guru

After buying Relient K's EP The Bird and the Bee Sides, I decided to put a spending freeze on my gift card until I have Tenth Ave's new album. I am seriously considering pre-ordering off of tenthavenuenorth.com. I really want the deluxe package. :p

Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me
NWtwin:Sleepwalking NWsibs:8

Posted : March 16, 2010 6:35 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

guess what? on May 11, 2010, Tenth Avenue North is coming out with a new CD!!!!! yay!!!!!!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : March 16, 2010 8:18 am
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

winterlife: oh yay! You bought TBATBS! I love it so much, how bout you? :D

TP: I'm glad someone agrees with me about Anberlin. A Day Late is ok but I don't love it, but I don't love True Faith either. I'm glad you're getting in to RK (pun intended ;) ). They're so awesome! Do you have any of their CDs.

Kat, I was watching that vid you posted last night of Deas Vail and my sister kept on telling me he was a girl. She was like "singing niña!" I'm like "no it's a guy" and she's like "niña! singing niña!" :p . I think she was confused b/c he sings so high :p . I never realized how high his voice was til watching this. Seeing the voice actually come out of his mouth makes it seem so much higher :p .

So to make myself feel better I bought All the Houses Look the Same by Deas Vail and Until My Heart Caves In by Audio Adrenaline. I'm gonna get them this Saturday :D .

Posted : March 16, 2010 11:27 am
winterlife
(@winterlife)
NarniaWeb Guru

GtG: Oh, yeah, I love it too! The sound is great, and so are the songs. I don't have any memorized yet, but I just got it yesterday. So far, I really like The Lining is Silver and You'll Always be My Best Friend.

Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me

Posted : March 16, 2010 1:06 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

^those two are two of my faves, but then practically the all the songs are my "favorites" ;)) . I love You'll Always Be My Best Friend, I want to sing it as a duet with "the groom" ;;) ;) at my wedding- I know, I'm cheesy :p .

Posted : March 16, 2010 3:14 pm
winterlife
(@winterlife)
NarniaWeb Guru

GtG: Yes, that's cheesy, but it's pretty cute, too. :p

Hoot Owl of NarniaWeb!
Relient K club member
avie and siggie by me

Posted : March 16, 2010 3:38 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

^lol ;)) . I want to play alot of RK songs at my wedding. I already have a pretty cool playlist created ;) .

Posted : March 16, 2010 5:01 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Kate's started the next Music thread so discussion can be continued on there.

Posted : March 16, 2010 5:42 pm
Page 107 / 107
Share: