Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Getting to Know You!

Page 1 / 106
wisewoman
(@wisewoman)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the NarniaWeb forum! We are excited to have you, and hope that you will enjoy your time here. This is the place where you can introduce yourself and tell us a little about your hobbies and interests. You can copy and paste the questions below, and share as much (or as little) as you like.

I'll go ahead and get us started!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): wisewoman
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): Married
4. Occupation: Copy editor
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I Googled it after I saw the trailer for LWW in front of Stars Wars 3.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I think I was reading them as soon as I *could* read!
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Countless times.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Horse and His Boy
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I LOVE to read and have a personal collection of close to 2,000 books (gotta love library booksales and thrift stores!). I work as a copy editor and am always finding grammar and spelling mistakes in menus and public signs. I also sing and write music with my dad, an amazing guitar player. Our style is mostly Celtic/acoustic/folk. I enjoy good movies, deep theological conversations, and being a big sis and happy wife.

Now let's hear from you! :)

"It is God who gives happiness; for he is the true wealth of men's souls." — Augustine

Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2009 5:58 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Oh I may as well post again since I haven't filled this out in a few years. :))

1. Name: fantasia_kitty, FK, Rachel
3. Family (single/married/kids): Married
4. Occupation: NarniaWeb and Letter Writer
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I'd been looking for news on Narnia ever since The Fellowship of the Ring came out (I couldn't believe they'd do Middle Earth and not Narnia). Found out that the movie had indeed been greenlit and then found NarniaWeb shortly thereafter.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: My mom read them to me for the first time when I was 6 or 7.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Uhhhh.... a lot.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Silver Chair
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Well this site takes up the majority of my free time ;). But I'm also really into gardening and playing video games. I have two cats and an awesome husband that I hang out with. Annnnd... that's about it.

Posted : August 24, 2009 3:13 pm
narnialover101
(@narnialover101)
NarniaWeb Nut

I don't know if I ever filled this out, so I guess this is a good time ;) ...

1. Name: Narnialover101, NL101
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King
3. Family (single/married/kids): single
4. Occupation: Student.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was searching for news on the movie after my mom found the "Magic of Weta" video online when I stumbled across a journey that would last for four years of my life; who knew?
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: When I read them I think I was about 8 or 9, but I saw the BBC TV series years before that when I was about 3.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I've read each book a different amount of times: On average probably three or four.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Couldn't say; all I know is that LWW and PC are at the bottom. :p
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I enjoy basically anything that has to do with art. Specifically my hobbies include Photography, Graphic Design, Photo Manipulations, Writing, Piano, and Film making. I'm also somewhat of a movie buff, but definitely not in the strict sense of the word.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)

Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)

Posted : August 25, 2009 7:15 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

It must be over five years since I last did this, so I will do it too:

1. Name: coracle
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single
4. Occupation: Receptionist/Admin
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: A friend on Council-of-Elrond (Rio Arawyn) told me it was a good place, plus the owner of Into the Wardrobe told me about it.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 18 (sad, I know! Tried LWW at about 13 but was the wrong age).
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Countless times.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Impossible to say
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I look like a hobbit, minus the furry feet.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : August 31, 2009 8:49 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

It's been a few years, so...
1. Name: stargazer (aka sg, gazer)
4. Occupation: Finance department of a major US discount retailer ;)
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I stumbled upon councilofelrond.com and wondered if there was an equivalent for Narnia. One quick google search later, I joined.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Early 20s, at university :-o
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: To quote Carl Sagan, billions and billions ;)
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I've loved looking at the night sky for as long as I can remember. I enjoy camping in state and national parks, and if I get to stargaze there, all the better! I like to read and grew up on mythology, science fiction, and fantasy; occasionally I'll take a stab at some creative writing in the latter two genres.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : September 1, 2009 3:10 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

1. Name: starkat, Kat
4. Occupation: Editing photos, graphic design, website design, NarniaWeb
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I stumbled across the link on Yahoo Movies.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I honestly don't remember. I do remember checking them out from the library when I was under or around the age of 10.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I lost track about the dozenth time I checked them out of the library.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: After LWW? Prince Caspian
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm horse crazy, spend a lot of time working on the computer and making graphics (see my sig for the link to my site), and I have a cat and a dog.

Posted : September 3, 2009 3:06 pm
BAM
 BAM
(@bam)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name: BAM.
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen.
3. Family (single/married/kids): single.
4. Occupation: High School Student.
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: From Google when I was looking for news on Prince Caspian.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I can't remember exactly, I believe about 7.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: A lot.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: At the moment either VoDT or SC.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love music, books and graphics. I play guitar, and am left-handed which tends to be a disadvantage when shopping for electrics.

My LiveJournal
He saves planets, rescues civilizations, defeats terrible creatures ... and runs a lot. Seriously, there is an outrageous amount of running involved.

Posted : September 3, 2009 9:50 pm
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

1. Name: mm1991
4. Occupation: Homeschooled Student
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I found it after googled about the first movie and started reading the news. In fall of 2007, I discovered NW had a forum and so I joined!
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: It was 4th grade, so I was 9 or 10.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Only a few times! I don't actually own any of the books, I have to borrow them from the library!
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love learning new things! I enjoy painting (even though I'm not at all good at it), archery, playing percussion instruments, films, MBTI, reading, writing (again, something I'm not good at!), baking, holga photography, golden retrievers ( :) ), learning languages, and watching sports. I also collect music boxes, snow globes, and old books.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

Posted : September 4, 2009 2:03 am
2nd to One
(@2nd-to-one)
NarniaWeb Regular

1. Name: 2nd to One (Caleb)
4. Occupation: College Student
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was looking for news about LWW and found Narniaweb. I didn't join the forum right away, however.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: Um...probably 13 or 14, I'm going to say...but maybe 12, i'm not sure...
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Um...I've read LWW twice, I think, and maybe LB, but the rest I've probably only read once. I don't to read books twice, at least not for a very long time, even books that I love!
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love to read, write and draw, I'm attending a Tech School for a two year degree in Video Production, I'm the second oldest of six, I like video editing and making forum graphics. I graduated from being homeschooled all my life this year.

Happy New Year!

Av & sig by me.
NWsibs: whitefox, N_B_H
RL sibs: H_L and SW_F

Posted : September 4, 2009 2:40 am
arabesque
(@arabesque)
NarniaWeb Regular

1. Name: arabesque
4. Occupation: Homeschooled High school Student
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: While looking for news on LWW, It came up on a google search. Since then it has become my absolute favorite website and forum. I come here all the time! (Even if I don't post anything or log in.) :)
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: My Mother read LWW to me when I was little and when I could read to myself I finished all the others!
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Too many times to count! I have read them over and over so many times.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Apart from being a Narnia fanatic, I enjoy reading (especially fantasy), writing, collecting older Nancy Drew books (I am also a major Nancy Drew fan!), photography, and horseback riding. My room is wall to wall book shelves!

Avatar and siggy by lover of narnia!

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:27 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)

Name: Laura
King or Queen of Narnia: Queen
Family (single/married/kids): I'm single.
How you learned about NarniaWeb: I'm pretty sure I was searching for costume info on LWW fall 2006.
How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I watched the BBC's, then read PC and VOTD. Then I went and read LWW, HHAB, PC, VOTD, SC, LB and MN.
How many times have you read the Chronicles: Some more so then others. Probably three times straight through at the least.
Favorite of the Chronicles: The Last Battle.
Hobbies or interesting thing about you: Since I was 10, I've written over 50 journals. I loooooove reading, and fashion, and find people fasinating. :D

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:54 am
Aravis Tarkheena
(@aravis-tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Regular

Name: Aravis Tarkheena, although you can call me Vida
King or Queen of Narnia: Queen
Family: I'm single.
How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was looking for trailers and such after I saw a the tail end of a interview/movie spot thing with Anna and Will in it talking about how they related to their characters.
How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: All of them? just last year. Otherwise, I didn't read them until about 7, I think, but I listened to them on tape (abridged, I'm afraid :P ).
How many times have you read the Chronicles: It varies by book. All of them as a set though, only once. Pathetic, yes.
Favorite of the Chronicles: The Horse and His Boy (and the Magician's Nephew)
Hobbies or interesting thing about you: I also write a lot in my journal(s) (I've had the most in my family of 5 girls) I've had two pet rats (one of which I named Reepicheep), and I dance ballet. I am also learning how to use photoshop! I also play the harp, and enjoy reading and playing with my little sisters. We currently have a mutt named Spott, too. I am also either and ISTJ or an INTJ.

Looking further up and further in

avvie by me

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:23 am
Shantih
(@shantih)

1. Name: Shantih
4. Occupation: Illustration student and part time barista
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I was randomly googling Narnia stuff and discovered a film was being made.
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I don't remember, they were always in the house so I picked them up as soon as I was able to read them.
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Too many to remember.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: The Horse and His Boy or The Last Battle.
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I love to paint and draw most of all. I also love to read and spend a lot of time in book shops or trying to drag myself out of one.

There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in.

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:35 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

1. Name: Gymfan15
4. Occupation: Webmaster of Spareoom.net
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I had just read the Narnia books and I knew there was a movie coming out, so I googled "narnia forum" and this is what came up! :)
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 15
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: No idea.
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: As I noted above, I run Spareoom.net. I love graphics making; I've been messing around with that since I was fourteen. I love to read and write, and counted cross-stitch is another hobby of mine.

10. Previous Narniaweb History (for the benefit of new members who weren't a part of Old Narniaweb. :) ): I joined Narniaweb in June of '05, and I was asked to be a mod in Fan Art in May '06. I've been a mod ever since. :) I've done stints in Costumes, Talk About Narnia and Rumors, and I've had the opportunist to work with so many amazing people. :) In July '07 I got to go to Comic-Con and attended the PC panel, where I got to ask a question on Narniaweb's behalf, and in May '08 I was able to attend the Narniaweb Lion Party at the El Capitain Theater in Hollywood, California. :)

Spareoom.net

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:48 am
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

Well, here goes..

1. Name: jadis (I never give my out real name online, sorry)
2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Ice Queen
3. Family (single/married/kids): Single, no children
4. Occupation: Costume maker, Artist
5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: Searching Narnia sites for Pevensie costumes.. (:
6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I was only 12 yrs old when I first read the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in my class (we studied the book and watched the old cartoon version of LWW..)
7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: To many.. lol..
8. Favorite of the Chronicles: LWW & Magician's Nephew (Both are at a tie..)
9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm 27 yrs old and I love fairytale type movies/stories.. I write stories/poems and I draw as well as make costumes..I have a cat, which I love, and I'm a major fan of Jadis the white witch/Edmund Pevensie..

I love to spend time on this site, sinse I don't have any real friends to hang out with in my personal life except my family(I'm a lone wolf, to say the least..).. and I love music.. mostly rock style.. and I have a deep passion for my costume making talent.. I'm always ready to talk about that.. lol.. Autumn and Winter are my favorite seasons and I love Halloween!

..Well, I guess that's it for me.. C ya around the forum..

~ jadis

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:05 am
Page 1 / 106
Share: