Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Entering the Wardrobe: Your Personal NarniaWeb History

Page 7 / 8
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Puddleglum, I've added your name and join date to the NarniaWeb Timeline! :)

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Topic starter Posted : April 11, 2013 4:26 pm
Josh
 Josh
(@josh)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I joined Narniaweb a couple of months before Prince Caspian came out (late 2007 I think). I was 14 at the time and I was obsessed with Narnia during the 2007-2008 time period.

I posted on Narniaweb quite frequently during the next two years. Initially I was a very immature poster (somewhat trollish at times actually) and I think I clashed with the moderators over various things which I cannot remember. Eventually though I figured out how to use Narniaweb properly.

After the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie came out I lost much interest in Narnia (at least the film series) and the lack of Narnia movies coming out sort of defeated the purpose of coming here. I also drastically reduced going onto online forums in general around 2010. If and when a new Narnia movie comes out, I will probably come back here to post about it. The books were a key part of my childhood and I want to see them made well.

Winter Is Coming

Posted : June 15, 2013 3:24 pm
Orious
(@orious)
NarniaWeb Regular

I would like go be added to the timeline! I know I was part of the Welcoming Committee for a short period of time too but I am afraid I can't even begin too remember when.

Also, should the Cup and Platter history be added to the time line? I did not see it in there.

KrisTwin: Follower - Sibs AWH&Fauni - SirenSis - PotatoHead

"There are no boring subjects, only disinterested minds."

AV by ForeverFan

Posted : July 13, 2013 4:05 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

I've added you to the timeline, Orious. :) The Cup and Platter history would be a good thing to add, but I'm afraid I don't know anything about it.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Topic starter Posted : July 13, 2013 12:53 pm
Orious
(@orious)
NarniaWeb Regular

I don't know much by way of dates but it was the thread that became the members' chat room. I remember when that thread got busy, by the time you had created your posts there was a whole page or two of new posts already made.

KrisTwin: Follower - Sibs AWH&Fauni - SirenSis - PotatoHead

"There are no boring subjects, only disinterested minds."

AV by ForeverFan

Posted : July 14, 2013 12:25 pm
Fire Fairy
(@fire-fairy)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Hmm, why didn't I see this before? That's right, I haven't been here since April... my bad.

Anyways, I would love to be added to the timeline, even though I've been pretty much non-existent in the forum for the past year or so. :)

Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Posted : September 17, 2013 4:42 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

I added you to the timeline, Fire Fairy. :D Good to see you here again!

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : September 18, 2013 9:26 am
Shadowlander
(@shadowlander)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'd like to be added! :D

Kennel Keeper of Fenris Ulf

Posted : December 8, 2013 6:06 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

As you wish, Shadowlander! 'Tis done.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : December 8, 2013 6:17 am
Eustace et Peccator
(@eustace-et-peccator)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Something not mentioned on the timeline is that around the beginning of December, 2003, a large number of enthusiastic Narnia fans (including me, as "kaleb70" at the time) who had been using IMDB as a meeting place migrated to NarniaWeb en masse, accounting for much of its early growth.

Formerly kaleb70

Posted : February 15, 2014 5:50 pm
Impending Doom
(@impending-doom)
Adventurous Stranger Knight of NarniaWeb

Can I be added? I'd like to be part of that awesome list!

"Tollers, there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves." - C.S. Lewis

Posted : December 18, 2014 2:42 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

Sure thing, Impending Doom. :) I have just done so. And, cool! you're the most recent member listed. B-)

Also, Eustace, sorry for the delay in responding to your suggestion from back in February : I have added your name under December 5/03. :) Goodness, that's just over 11 years ago!

;)) Now Eustace et Peccator and Impending Doom are 'bookends' on our growing list. So glad you both joined!

Posted : December 18, 2014 11:54 pm
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Can I be added?

Posted : May 9, 2015 12:17 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Something not mentioned on the timeline is that around the beginning of December, 2003, a large number of enthusiastic Narnia fans (including me, as "kaleb70" at the time) who had been using IMDB as a meeting place migrated to NarniaWeb en masse, accounting for much of its early growth.

That's a bit of history I didn't know before. I was aware of a nice little bunch joining in Dec 2003. I was told about the site on ITW and on Council-of-Elrond.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 9, 2015 10:50 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

I added you, jewel. <- clickie! :)

Posted : May 10, 2015 1:24 am
Page 7 / 8
Share: