Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

What do you think happened in Narnia between the end of SC and the start of LB?

Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

We've had discussions about What do you think happened in Narnia between the end of MN and the start of LWW? and What do you think happened during the Golden Age? Well, given as Narnia fans that we like to speculate on what happened in between the books, how about what do you supposed happened between the last two books, the end of The Silver Chair and the start of The Last Battle?

At the end of The Silver Chair, it is mentioned that Rilian became king of Narnia, and there were kings that followed after him. There would have to be five kings between him and King Erlian, who is mentioned to be fighting the Northern Giants.

In The Last Battle, Tirian mentions that he is seventh in descent from King Rilian, and even mentions that Rilian has been dead for over 200 years. In between, a tower was built for protection from outlaws that started living in Western Wild.

It is also mentioned that there had been peace between Narnia and Calormen. It would indicate that they still had a diplomatic relation that was going well.

*Please Note: Narniaweb does not promote or encourage any fan fiction! The moderators will greatly appreciate that you do not use any quotes or links containing them!*

You are welcome to join in the discussion and speculate! Any ideas on what might have happened between the end of The Silver Chair and the start of The Last Battle?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2023 5:39 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think the book actually does kind of tell us what happened. 

peaceful King followed peaceful King till you could hardly remember
their names or count their numbers, and there was really hardly
anything to put into the History Books

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 11, 2023 6:13 pm
Courtenay liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@col-klink Right. Though I think we're still left to our own imagination and speculation.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 11, 2023 6:21 pm
Share: