Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Names for other Marshwiggles in Narnia

Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Puddleglum is the only named marshwiggle in the series, but it doesn't mean that he's the only marshwiggle.There is Lally in The Giant Surprise, but it's not canon.

Some names I could think of for other marshwiggles are Bleakpond and Lilypaddle.

If you could think of a name for other marshwiggles besides Puddleglum, what would it be?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 11, 2023 2:24 pm
Col Klink liked
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Bleakpaddle sounds good. But Lilypaddle doesn't have any gloomy connotations. Also, to really sound like the name, Puddleglum, shouldn't the first word be the longer one? How about Lilywoe and Paddlebleak?

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 11, 2023 4:48 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @col-klink

Bleakpaddle sounds good. But Lilypaddle doesn't have any gloomy connotations. Also, to really sound like the name, Puddleglum, shouldn't the first word be the longer one? How about Lilywoe and Paddlebleak?

I actually haven't thought of those. How about Paddleglum (though it sounds too close to Puddleglum) or Lallypond?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 11, 2023 6:47 pm
Cobalt Jade
(@cobalt-jade)
NarniaWeb Nut

Here's some that were part of the Narnia Worldbuilding series on my website:

Purseplum

Smagglemoor

Drabseed