Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 8 – The House of Harfang

Page 2 / 2
TheLukeskywalker2
(@thelukeskywalker2)
NarniaWeb Regular

1. Do you lose interest in Jill becasue she starts to cry?

No, as it's completely understandable, considering what she is going through.

2. In Jill dream, why does Aslan take the form of a wooden horse for a moment?

It might just be as simple as the wooden horse is the one that has wheels, so taking that form would be more natural for Jill than one of the other animals.

3. When Jill is unable to repeat the signs to Aslan in the dream, a great horror comes over her. What is so horrible?  

Aslan had told her that it would be a lot harder to remember the signs. She had ignored his advice to repeat them to herself shortly after heading north, and by this point, she couldn't remember any of them. It was horrifying to her that she had forgotten the four signs that were to guide their entire journey. 

4.. How should this dream, be adapted for movie?

I think that we should see Jill go to sleep and then have a couple of moments with the room completely dark, before turning over to the pile of giants toys where we see the horse starting to move. Then the dream proceeds as it does in the book with Jill forgetting the signs and Aslan showing Jill the lettering. 

5. Who is to blame for them missing the ruined city? Do you agree with Jill that it is she? Do you agree with Puddleglum that it is he? Do you think Scrubb is right and Puddleglum is the only one who isn't to blame?

I personally agree with Eustace on this one. Puddleglum was about to mention that he thought something was wrong during their discussion after exploring the trenches. If Jill had taken that moment to think about the signs and could remember correctly, or if the three of them could figure out the sign together, they would never be in the trouble that they are currently in (see next chapter). 

6. Is it significant that the queen of the giants choose to dress in green?

I personally believe that it cannot be a coincidence. Maybe the queen wears green because LotGK wears green and they send guests for their festivals. This would explain what keeps happening to the explorers that went out but never returned. Especially if they weren't as wise as Puddleglum and told LotGK what their goal was, after all, if they have any hope of succeeding in their goal. 

7. Adaption

I think, similar to last chapter, there is so much in these three chapter (Strange Trenchs, Harfang, and Worth Knowing) that rely on the other stuff in the chapters that if they deviate too much, they will have to do a lot of work in order to make the story coherent if they mess it up.

Posted : May 14, 2020 7:18 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

1. Do you lose interest in Jill because she began to cry?
Definitely not. I’ve cried in public quite often. I probably would have done the same thing. My mom would tell people when I went to their houses that if I cried to give me food or rest.

2. In Jill’s dream, why does Aslan take the form of a wooden horse for a moment?
It makes it more dream like. It might make more of an impression if something changed into Aslan rather than if he just appeared.

3. When Jill is unable to repeat the sign to Aslan in the dream, a “great horror” comes over her. What is so horrible?
She has disappointed a lion who has told her that he has swallowed up girls.

4. How should the dream sequence be adapted for the movie?
It should be clear that it is a dream but without seeming hokey. The horror needs to come across.

5. Who is to blame for their missing the ruinous city? Do you agree with Jill that it is she? Do you agree with Puddleglum that it is he? Do you think Scrubb is right and Puddleglum is the only one who isn’t to blame?
Jill is the most to blame. Eustace was wrong for interrupting Puddleglum and not letting him finish. Puddleglum has the least blame; however, he could have handled the conversation in a more productive manner.

6. Is it significant that the queen of the giants chose to dress in green?
It is another instance of an evil woman dressing in green. I rather think she thought it was camouflage or an appropriate color for hunting.
7. Discuss how this chapter should be adapted. (ex. what do you most want to see, what problems do you see, etc.)
I want to feel suspicious of the giants with out it being obvious that they are evil. I also want the nurse to be annoying with her talking down to Jill and bringing her ugly, huge toys.

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

Topic starter Posted : May 15, 2020 11:37 am
Eustace
(@eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

1. Do you lose interest in Jill because she began to cry?
Not really, she is a young child and had been through a lot up to this point. I am perfectly fine with her crying. But, you have to watch when you are adapting this because a lot of people could be turned off by Jill crying. Make sure the audience understand that she has been going through a lot.

5. Who is to blame for their missing the ruinous city? Do you agree with Jill that it is she? Do you agree with Puddleglum that it is he? Do you think Scrubb is right and Puddleglum is the only one who isn’t to blame?
I think they all are to blame. Jill was suppose to remember the signs but, this does not mean that the others were to forget about the signs. It seems like they were the best at working together on this trip.

7. Discuss how this chapter should be adapted. (ex. what do you most want to see, what problems do you see, etc.)

As mentioned above, it is important how you protray Jill crying in this chapter. I do not want the audience to dislike Jill. The age of Jill truly matters especially in this chapter. Make sure that the audience understand what Jill was going through on this journey.

Redeemed-Cousins-1
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!

Posted : May 19, 2020 9:29 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: