Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Hobbit Reading Group - Posts from April Fool's Day

Page 3 / 3
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Fili, I must say, the fact that you are trying to so mightily convince us that you can disco and moonwalk in an highly proficient way brings doubt to my mind whether you really can.

Ahem *wonders is he really should have mentioned that* :-s :P

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2012 2:40 pm
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

We should begin upon the morning of April 25 (Shire Reckoning) as that is the day that Gandalf visited Bilbo and that part of the story began. Also, it is the soonest date so we would have less time to wait.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2012 2:48 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

You dare to question a dwarf? /:) I shall be happy to demonstrate my disco skillz. Prepare to be amazed.

Lights, please! B-)

av by dot

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2012 3:41 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

*turns down the lights and peers into the gloom, disco-ing himself til he's plumb worn out* That was fun, but I think I'll pick up the Springle-ring again, just for posterity's sake.

You go, Fili! :D/

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2012 3:49 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Hi, Sam-daddy! But I don't know what disco is.

I wanted to vote for as soon as possible, because stories about hobbits are just the best! In fact, my dad tells me one about the time he helped Mr Frodo get rid of a bad ring. Maybe you've heard of it? Maybe we can read that one next! I know he's been writing it down.

But I'll have to have my dad or mom read them to me because sometimes I don't understand the big words.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2012 6:26 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

Elanor, my dear child! You know, let's gather 'round the fireplace tonight and read more of that great story. There are some very dark parts, indeed, but I think you need to know more of my past and the part of the tale I was placed in.

I wish we could have been online more together this weekend, but, alas, gardening and the Mayoral-ship is taking up a good chunk of my time. However, I will be home this evening, so get ready for a wondrous story with the family. :)

And maybe I'll even teach you some Hobbit Disco. ;))

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2012 9:07 am
Eustace Clarence
(@eustace-clarence)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I must be dreaming. Disco?? DISCO?!?!?!

*faints*

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2012 11:42 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

I agree a party to start the reading group is an excellent idea. However, if we want a party of the magnificence you have been describing, I suggest we wait until September. It takes a lot of planning and preparation to plan a party. We might be rushed if we try to do it this month sometime. Trust me. I know a bit about planning parties. It seems that one of my 13 children is always having a birthday, which means a lot of parties.

I voted for September 22. It is an important day in Hobbit history and gives us time to properly plan a party. And it is very close to the day the Hobbit was published.

@};-

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2012 2:23 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Ooh, I get a birthday party, Mommy? Yay!!!!

I guess I can wait until September 22. But that's so far away. Maybe daddy can tell me some stories in the meantime. Please??

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2012 2:27 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I guess I can wait until September 22. But that's so far away. Maybe daddy can tell me some stories in the meantime. Please??

If you're in a hurry, I can bring you along in my TARDIS and we can start right away.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 1, 2012 2:46 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: