Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Welcome to the Reading Group!

Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

Welcome to The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe Reading Group. We are excited to begin this journey into the wardrobe. We will have many opportunities for discussion. Each week the mods will post questions to help start discussion. You do not have to answer all or even any of the questions. Feel free to comment on other people’s comments, simply post your thoughts on the chapter, or ask your own questions.

If you have read the book before, please be careful when answering the questions so as not to give anything away. Try to answer the questions based on what is known so far in the story and not based on what you know from reading The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe or other works by Lewis. If you need to talk about something from a future chapter or another work of fiction by Lewis, put it in spoilers.

We are planning on reading and discussing 2 chapters a week. We will post questions for the first two chapters next Saturday, the 28th. Unless you hear otherwise, assume that 2 chapters’ worth of questions will be posted each Saturday. You do not have to keep up with the group. As long as the threads are unlocked you are free to post in them. The reading group will remain open for a while after all the questions have been posted. We also will post a closing notice well in advance.

This thread is open for questions and/or comments.

Pattertwig's Pal, Lady Arwen, and daughter of the King

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 21, 2013 7:14 am
Bartholmew
(@bartholmew)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Sweet, this is a wonderful idea I shall definitely be participating in this. I have not read the LWW in many years so I'm excited to re-enter the world of Narnia with you all.

Well we be doing some of the other books as well or just the LWW for now?

I'll see you all next Saturday

~Bartholmew

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2013 3:54 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

Well we be doing some of the other books as well or just the LWW for now?

The plan is to do all of the Chronicles. We also are planning on always having a Reading Group going. :)

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 24, 2013 10:37 am
PhelanVelvel
(@phelanvelvel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Cool, an excuse to read them again. :'D

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2013 7:48 pm
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh! perhaps I shall have to read it again! This sounds so fun!

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2013 8:23 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

oh sounds like fun :) I shall most certainly participate :)

always be humble and kind

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2013 1:41 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Oh good! This time when a reading group is formed, I will have the books at hand, my left hand, that is. They are in the small bookcase on the left side of where I am sitting now, so I won't have any excuses for not participating, will I? :D

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 26, 2013 3:11 pm
Share: