Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : August 18, 2010 9:43 am
ElfMaidenArcheroRivendell
(@elfmaidenarcherorivendell)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yay! We finally got Libby! Woohoo! (Thanks Libby! BTW, love your avatar! ;) ) :D Sorry, that I haven't been on NW for more than a week. My computer wasn't working. Now it's fixed. I'm just busy preparing for school & everything.
@ DiGo: Well, since we haven't been getting some sigs for a week now, I say we'll wait a couple of more days, & then close up on Monday. Sound good? Ok.

Petition is open until August 23, 2010.

-(Tom Hiddleston (2012), Kenneth Branagh (1989) & Laurence Olivier (1944) as Henry V)

sig: Narnian_Archer
avy:campgirl
King Caspian X fan and supporter of Lillian

Topic starter Posted : August 19, 2010 7:31 am
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

Wow, sorry it took me so long to get over here. I've been wondering about this ever since the various graphics started showing up requesting signatures. I see I just slipped in!

This sounds like a great cookbook. I never realized food is mentioned in Narnia enough to have a whole cookbook of recipes! It would be really neat to read.

Please add me to the list! :) And do I need to PM DiGoRyKiRkE with my real name/ first name+last initial? After reading over this topic I didn't see what was decided on that.

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : August 20, 2010 11:01 am
DancingPrincesses
(@dancingprincesses)
NarniaWeb Junkie

(Dancingprincess C)

This sounds really cool! Please add my name to it. :)

My RL sibs are Adeona, Mars Aviator, Lizzle, NarnianCricket, and Andriel

Posted : August 20, 2010 11:10 am
Silver the Wanderer
(@silver-the-wanderer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Adeona, I think it's just usernames. :)

Awesome! I'm so glad this petition is working out! :D

Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Posted : August 20, 2010 11:17 am
NarniaWeb Nut

Adeona: Thanks so much for signing! :D No, you don't have to pm DiGoRyKiRkE your real name. I was thinking about that, but DiGoRyKiRkE didn't like the idea. So you just post in this thread by signing. Thanks, again for signing, & also to Dancingprincess C!

-(Tom Hiddleston (2012), Kenneth Branagh (1989) & Laurence Olivier (1944) as Henry V)

Topic starter Posted : August 20, 2010 7:57 pm
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

My sister would like to sign, but she is not on Narniaweb, so should I just give you her first name? :-

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

Posted : August 22, 2010 8:03 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

*coughs* I've arrived on the thread slightly late, but please add my name! :)

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Posted : August 22, 2010 11:13 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Yes, QueenSusanJ316, that would be fine. (Or you could have her join NarniaWeb of course :P)

Just so y'all know, you only have one more day to request addition to the list!!!

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : August 22, 2010 1:15 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

*signing at the 11th hour* :P

Add "johobbit" to the list, please. :) And thanks for spear-heading this (EDIT), ElfMaidenArcheroRivendell! And to DiGs for helping out! :D

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : August 23, 2010 3:10 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)

Jo, don't thank me! Thank ElfMaidenArcheroRivendell. It was her wonderful idea. I've just added the names as they've come in.

At any rate, I have now sent the email. I'll let everybody know when I get a response!

Posted : August 23, 2010 9:06 am
Silver the Wanderer
(@silver-the-wanderer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

So we got...*counts* 43 names! Cool! I patiently await a response. And yes, thanks Elf Maiden for the awesome idea! (And DiGs too for adding the names and sending the email :D )

Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Posted : August 23, 2010 10:38 am
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow, 43 signatures! :D Thank you so much you guys! It was nothing really! Well, it seemed almost impossible in the beginning, but with the help of DiGoRyKiRkE, & all you NWebbers, it turned out all right! I really do owe all of you my gratitude! I can't wait till we get Mr. Gresham's response, & I pray that he will say yes. Thanks again!
-Elf Maiden

Topic starter Posted : August 23, 2010 7:02 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)

Well! I got a response this morning! Here it is:

Dear All,

I will pass your letter on to HarperCollins and see what they say. I
would be very happy to have it back in print as I keep getting
requests for it all the time.

Blessings,

Douglas Gresham.

Short, sweet and to the point. I would like to send this email in response:

Dear Douglas Gresham,

Thank you so much for hearing our case. It's good to know that we have an ally as we try to get this book reprinted. Please keep us informed of the decisions that HarperCollins makes concerning this wonderful book.

On behalf of NarniaWeb.com, thank you.

Does anybody "second" the sending of this email? Does anybody have any edits or additions that they would like in it?

Posted : August 24, 2010 3:01 am
NarniaWeb Nut

That is amazing! Yesssss! :D Sorry that I've been gone for a bit. Very busy here. I'm so glad that other people have already asked for the reprinting, though I'm not surprised. I do hope HarperCollins says yes, too. I mean, I don't think it's that difficult for them to reprint a $16.00 book. My mom's got other cookbooks that are more than that, but she gets them on sale. I have the Lord of the Rings trilogy 50th anniversary edition book. The list price is $75! But I bet my parents got it on amazon.
Well, I don't have any hesitations to the thank-you note. Should we add "God bless"? Other than that, go ahead and send it. It's very nice DiGo I have to go edit the topic intro. Should've done that earlier.

Topic starter Posted : August 25, 2010 11:21 pm
Page 6 / 8
Share: