Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Update: Finished! kings and queens oil painting

Page 2 / 2
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

This is so beautiful! Like Coracle said, it's really wonderful to see all the stages of the painting and to see all you did to it. The finished product is breathtaking - the detail is spectacular. I think my favourite thing is the way you did the lamppost. It looks really, really significant, being the object of the subject's attention. And the Pevensies themselves are wonderfully done. The detail on them is outstanding.

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : January 4, 2013 12:29 pm
2nd to One
(@2nd-to-one)
NarniaWeb Regular

Beautiful work! Thank you for sharing your work in progress, I really enjoy seeing the progression of art, especially paintings and such where there are lots of layers that go down.

Keep up the great work, you've got talent!

Happy New Year!

Av & sig by me.
NWsibs: whitefox, N_B_H
RL sibs: H_L and SW_F

Posted : February 2, 2013 5:46 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

that's a wonderful painting, I love the way the colors came out, it's really beautiful!

always be humble and kind

Posted : February 8, 2013 10:49 pm
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thank you all for the comments. They are so encouraging! I hope to become much better at oil painting. I started taking classes in the fall of 2011, and this spring I am going to be taking Portrait Seminar. I'm really nervous but excited.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

Topic starter Posted : February 9, 2013 6:47 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

The finished work is really lovely! I like how the lamppost is partially illuminating the scene. You did a wonderful job. Thank you so much for sharing it. :)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : March 4, 2013 9:14 am
flambeau
(@flambeau)
A Concerned Third Party Moderator Emeritus

My favorite part of this piece is the in-progress pictures and getting to see more of the details emerging each time; the final result is gorgeous! The coloring is lovely, and the detailing is amazing! In addition to the Pevensies and the lamppost, I also really like the large tree toward the left side of the painting (I'm not sure why, it just kind of jumped out at me and made me like it. I wish I could understand my brain sometimes). This is an excellent piece of work, and I am so glad that you shared it with us!

--- flambeau

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me

Posted : March 12, 2013 12:57 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: