Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Jadis and the Apple.

Page 1 / 2
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

Here is my drawing of Jadis after she has taken her first bite of the Silver Apple from the garden in MN.
I decided to draw her hair dark (even though Tilda's hair is blond in LWW) because in the book after she eats the apple and her face turns white, I thought it would be cool looking if her dark hair started to turn blond if they ever do the movie. :)

I'm not sure if I like it yet, I think its because I've been staring at it for so long that I'm tired of seeing it. :p ;)

I Hope you guys like it. :)

Here is the Link:

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Topic starter Posted : June 11, 2011 11:37 am
narnian_at_heart
(@narnian_at_heart)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh, wow, that's wonderful!

I love the way you drew her eyes. It's almost as if she's looking around to see if anyone saw her stealing the apple. I really like the idea with the hair and the crown is amazing! It's so beautiful and majestic. And I love how you drew all the jewelry. The two necklaces and the earrings. It's really beautiful.

The one thing I'm not wild about is her nose. It looks like the side of the left nostril (looking at it; not her left) comes too far down and to the left in comparison to the rest of the nose.

Other than that, I love it!

Posted : June 11, 2011 3:28 pm
Narnian_Archer
(@narnian_archer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Amazing!! And that's a very interesting idea about her hair! I never thought of that before!

The feel of the picture is really eerie; it gives me goosebumps! She looks almost alive, hiding in the garden, stealing the forbidden fruit!! And the crown is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!!!

sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose

Posted : June 12, 2011 2:22 am
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

Wow 7chronicles! I absoulutly love the crown! And the eyes are just amazing!!! They really portray feeling!!!!

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : June 12, 2011 2:25 am
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

@narnian_at_heart: Thanks, I wanted her to look like she was sort of sneaking.
I'm so happy you like the crown! :D
I do see what you mean about the nose, Thank You so much, it helps having a fresh pair of eyes to look at my drawings after I've been staring at them for so long. ;) :)

@Narnian_Archer: Thank you! :)
Yeah ever since they decided to make Tilda's hair blond in the movie, I thought it would be really neat looking. :p
I'm so happy you think its erie, thats the feeling I was going for! :D
I'm glad you like the crown! Thanks again for taking a look at it! :D

@De_De: Yay, I'm so glad you like the crown! :D
I was trying to give it a Charn sort of look. :p
I really had fun doing the eyes, I'm so glad they turned out! :)
Thank you so much! :D

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Topic starter Posted : June 12, 2011 2:55 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Excellent sketch! I especially love her crown design. Jadis' nose is much too large for her face though, and rather masculine. I've always pictured Jadis has having sharp features.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

Posted : June 12, 2011 4:16 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

*loves book fanart* :D/

I think you captured the moment very well. There's something very guilty about her look. And my two cents on her nose is that it looks like it's squished from the apple, which makes sense if she's just taken a bite. :)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : June 13, 2011 4:55 am
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

@Warrior 4 Jesus: Thanks! I'm glad you like the crown,
I had fun designing it. :)
I realize now her nose is to big.
I also picture Jadis with sharp and pointy features.
Thanks so much for pointing the nose out, any advice or correction I can get only helps me get better at my drawings! :)

@Meltintalle: Thank You! :D
I was trying to make it look like she had just taken a bite.
Even though I now notice some flaws on the nose, I'm glad you noticed what look I was trying to accomplish! Thanks :)

Topic starter Posted : June 14, 2011 2:34 pm
Narnian_Badger
(@nbadger)
Mushroom mushroom Hospitality Committee

Wow, 7chronicles, that's great. I especially love her eyes and crown. The whole picture has a very eerie, sinister feeling about it. One thing I would note is that Jadis was always described as being beautiful, and here she looks much more... hag-like, I suppose.

Still, excellent job! ;)

youtube

Posted : June 15, 2011 10:26 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Wow! :-o That's amazing! Great job! It's so... life-like! I don't know any "drawing terms", so I can't really tell you in much detail how good it is. But that's one of the best drawings I've seen on NW! :D

~Riella =:)

Posted : June 15, 2011 7:00 pm
Silver the Wanderer
(@silver-the-wanderer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Wow 7, that's really wonderful! I love her expression - menacing and just perfect for Jadis! Also, the crown is really neat looking, the shading gives for plenty of depth, and the detail in the hair is great! Well done!

Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Posted : June 16, 2011 2:25 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

This is amazing, 7chronicles! :D I'm soo jealous of how you draw... I love everything about it: the details are exceptional, especially those of the crown, her hair, hands, and facial features, as is the shading on all of it! It's neat how you also added the jewelry and I really like the large necklace that she is wearing. The angling of her face and the way she holds the apple pressed up against her, creates an even more sinister look, which is then also emphasized through her dark and misty eyes. I believe you truly captured the evil that Jadis possesses in a wonderful manner! She's quite frightening to look at actually, but as I said great job!

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : June 17, 2011 1:57 pm
Lion's Emblem
(@lions-emblem)
NarniaWeb Guru

Nice illustration 7chronicles. I might sound like a broken record in a second here, but bear with me. As Warrior 4 Jesus has mentioned, Jadis appears to have some rather masculine features. The main issue with this is in her hand. It's very much a man's hand and it doesn't match with Jadis. Generally speaking, women's hands tend to be slender and longer (in terms of proportion) than a man's hand. Extending the length of her fingernails a tad wouldn't hurt either. I'm not too much in pains over her nose. I think it only appears too wide because it's hidden behind the apple. To me, it seems like you drew the apple first and then sort of played around with positioning her nose behind it (you can correct me if I'm wrong on that one). Also, I agree with Narnian_Badger on her features, having a "hag-like" appearance. It doesn't feel like Jadis to me, but one could argue these features having a true purpose (because she ate the apple with the wrong intentions, it has an adverse affect on her. Perhaps this was part of your design thought process (?) ).

Now for the positive stuff, I promise. As it has been mentioned, Jadis's expression is great. You can just tell that she's up to no good. I also like the fact that Jadis appears to be smelling the apple instead of taking a bite from it (don't ask me why). The shadings are superb. I really enjoy zooming on the image to its full size and just looking at her eyes. It's just so stunning and amazing to sit and look at for awhile, just soaking it all in. The linework in her hair and eyebrows also looks superb. Jewelry details look great as well and I really like the touches in the folds of her clothing (how ever minimal it is of what we see). Nice work :) .

Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan

Posted : June 20, 2011 6:15 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

@Narnian_Badger: Thanks! I'm glad you think she looks sinister! :p
I understand why you feel she looks hag like, maybe I drew her to sinister. ;) Thanks! :)

@Ithilwen: Thank You so much! Thats very kind of you to say! :D

@Silver the Wanderer: Thank You, I'm so glad you like it! :)

@Quinlin: Thanks! I'm so glad you felt I captured her character! :) And I'm happy to hear she frighting! :p

@Lion's Emblem: I'm always happy to hear your advice! :)
I thought her hand might be to masculine when I had finished drawing it, but I think I had been looking at the drawing so long, I could not figure out if it was just me.
I also thought about making her fingernails longer, but I didn't want her to look like a typical villain with long nails. ;)
I'm glad you feel the nose isn't to off. I actually drew the nose first. :p
But I only drew part of the nose, maybe if I had drawn the whole nose out first it would have turned out a little better.
I never thought about the apple having an adverse effect on her physical appearance, but I thought she should look somewhat less beautiful because her heart was full of evil and it showed in her face.
I'm glad you like her expression! :) I like the idea of her smelling it!
Its very encouraging to hear my shading is good! :D I'm so thankful you took the time to really look and give me advice!
And like I told Warrior 4 Jesus, any advice or correction I can get only helps me get better at my drawings! Thank you so Much! :D :)

Topic starter Posted : June 20, 2011 7:26 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Excellent drawing! I don't know if anyone else mentioned it yet, but actually her hair is black in the book, so dark hair is perfect! Other than that I must say it's extremely realistic!

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : June 21, 2011 6:41 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: