Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Got Questions? Find Answers!

Page 4 / 22
Mnkylvr17
(@mnkylvr17)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thanks for letting me know Wunder :D I'll check it out once I'm off work ;)

~Mnklyvr17

Posted : January 14, 2010 8:34 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Sorry this is a little late but, thanks Maddy! That makes so much sense, and I'll definitely be able to use that now. Thank-you, thank-you! =]

I have another question for anyone who can answer this (*feels like such a computer illiterate* ) So, I wanted to get a font from DaFonts and usually I use Google Chrome or Firefox and do the normal process and it goes on just fine but now...some WinZip thing is bothering me and I have to buy something, which I don't want to do, and I'm really confused why it's giving me this problem to download fonts and now I feel really disabled because I'm unable to get some fonts. I need help... Thanks! :) (If this clarifies any, when I click "Open" after the .zip file has been downloaded, a window pops up which says "Thank-you for using WinZip! Buy Now." And then it says on a tab that's optionable to click, "Use Evaluation Version" or something like that. I looked in the programs on my computer, and it says that we last used WinZip on 12/2/09 when we must have downloaded a font, I'm guessing. But it never gave us tis problem... 😕 )

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : February 5, 2010 9:09 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

You just need to get a different unzip program. I recommend getting PeaZip which also "unzips" rar files as well. Uninstall WinZip first, before installing the new program.

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

Posted : February 5, 2010 10:20 am
Warrior Of Narnia
(@warrior-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hello There,

Aslanisthebest I think I can help you there.

It appears that you have been/are using a trial version of WinZip. Are you able to click the "Use Evaluation Version" tab? If you are, it might allow you to use the program anyway, but possibly not.

Either way, if you want to, you can use the free program 7zip. It will open/extract .zip files and quite a few other formats as well. (you can find it at: http://www.7-zip.org/ )

After it is installed, you will find a sub-menu for it in your right-click context menu, or you should be able to choose it as a program for opening .zip files... I'm not sure how you usually open/extract them...

If this is too complex or you need more help, let me know.

Warrior Of Narnia

"We are Spartans... impossible is what we do."

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Sisters - LON (RL), Chloe, Rosie
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1

Posted : February 5, 2010 10:26 am
MissLucy
(@misslucy)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Does anyone have a high-res photo of the Thrones at Cair Paravel empty? It doesn't need to be all four but I do need them to not have anyone sitting in them....
We dressed up my little brother and sister as Lucy and Peter and we're looking for a background..
Thanks!

Sig by Beginte

Posted : February 9, 2010 1:49 pm
malkah
(@malkah)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hi MissLucy!

Here and here are two high-quality caps of the four thrones. I don't know if they're hi-res enough for what you need; unfortunately, really hi-res images are hard to find.

Hope that helps! :)

the light after the storm
shows that hope was never gone

Snow After Fire graphics

Posted : February 9, 2010 7:06 pm
MissLucy
(@misslucy)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thank You!!
That is exactly what i need :)

P.S. Gorgeous graphics!!
Merlin is a fav of Mine :)

Sig by Beginte

Posted : February 10, 2010 1:34 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Can anyone reccomend a good site I can use to make sigies and then use them here? Preferably one that's free if possible...thanks ahead of time.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : February 12, 2010 11:21 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)

I'm not sure what you mean by a site, but GIMP is a free graphics-making program that a lot of people here on NW use. You can get it here.

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Posted : February 12, 2010 11:26 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

By site I mean what the mods and admin have called a third-party host. I can make them, I just can't upload them to NW as my sig.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : February 12, 2010 11:32 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)

Oh, you mean a place to upload your graphics? Sorry, I thought you meant something that you can use to make graphics.

I use Photobucket and TinyPic to upload my graphics. Others use Imageshack, though I wouldn't recommend it.

~Wunder

Posted : February 12, 2010 11:37 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

Thanks Wunder, as you can see it worked. :D

Posted : February 12, 2010 11:51 am
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this? :- I want to post my art on the Narnia fan art forum, but I don't want to have my artwork on the internet where anyone can just save the picture. Does anyone know if there is a way to keep my picture from being copied or saved, like some sort of block? :- Thanks :) sorry if this isn’t the right spot to ask this question. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Posted : February 14, 2010 4:09 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

7chronicles, one thing you can do is add a watermark or some kind of identifiable mark on the image that obscures part of it. That way if you see it elsewhere, you know it is your work right away.

Question: I recently had a computer crash and lost a bunch of screen caps. I have a way to do screen caps kind of slowly, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a good software where all I have to do is hit one button and it does everything including saving the image?

Posted : February 17, 2010 9:52 am
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

Thanks starkat, I'll look into it. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

Posted : February 17, 2010 12:53 pm
Page 4 / 22
Share: