Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Avatars - First Edition!

Page 98 / 98
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

I know I used some textures that aren't mine. But these have been sitting on my computer for so long that I've forgotten whose they are.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : September 17, 2019 10:16 am
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow, these are awesome! I've never seen huge collections of avatars like this before! Like whenever I join a forum, I usually create one and leave it at that. Like for NarniaWeb I found a mouse icon, found a geek icon, then used a program called GIMP to combine them into what you see on my posts.

But you guys have taken it to the next level, creating some really cool stuff! I love the one with the four kids in their coats, standing around the lamppost... and the one with Edmund ("it's King Edmund, actually.") and I could go on and on and on... they're all fantastic! But I couldn't help but laugh at the one with the White Witch, saying "I'm your worst nightmare" (cuz she actually was one of mine as a kid :D ).

Anyway, I have a borderline dumb question: what makes these pics "avatars"? Do you actually use them as your profile pics or something?

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

Posted : September 29, 2019 10:07 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

@Geekicheep: It's not a dumb question. An avatar is a 100x100 pixel image that is generally used as one's profile pic in forums. At least, the NW profile pic is 100x100. So you could use any of the avatars (also called avys/avies/avvies) as your profile pic if you'd like. Some graphics makers prefer you to credit them in the signature (as you may have seen around NW) while others don't require it.

Just one from me! :)

Comments are love. Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

Posted : September 29, 2019 6:43 pm
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

Ohhh okay, cool. It's just funny because the word "avatar" gets thrown around a lot these days, and most of them don't mean "100x100 profile pic" (lol). But you and the others on this thread have sure come up with some great ones! Each one is like a little glimpse into the books, or the movies, or the artist's imagination. :)

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

Posted : October 3, 2019 4:58 pm
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)

Here are a few from me! :) I was trying out a new idea of using a color palette to create a series of avies! The colors that inspired me are below the avies.

Comments are love. Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Posted : October 8, 2019 3:14 pm
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

Ooooh, I like the color palette idea! Those turned out well.

Anyone can use.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : October 14, 2019 5:27 pm
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)

Lovely job on those, Dot! :) I especially love #2 and 14!

Some Lucy ones from me!

Anyone may use! Comments are love. Credit is nice but not necessary. Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder

Posted : October 24, 2019 7:11 am
Page 98 / 98
Share: