Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Avatars - First Edition!

Page 97 / 98
PhelanVelvel
(@phelanvelvel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow, you guys are for real with this avatar stuff, huh? XD I love it, there are so many good ones throughout this thread, I don't know how you'd even choose one! :x

Posted : April 12, 2014 7:40 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Well, let's try this and see if it works.

Seems to have worked. I'm noticing a predominance of black--have to work on that.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : July 4, 2014 12:21 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

C & CC welcome!

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : July 5, 2014 8:40 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

aileth, I love the 'Between his paws' avatar, it's really awesome. I may even ask to use it once the tournament is over.

Mel, those look really great. I particularly like Susan :)

I haven't made avatars in a long time, but with the competition and all, I figured I'd get back into the habit ;))

always be humble and kind

Posted : July 6, 2014 6:48 am
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Certainly, wrose, you can use whatever you like, either the graphics themselves, or the ideas, if you want a more professional look for your own. I haven't been much on this part of the forum, so I'm not caught up on the protocols. (I finally figured out what c & cc meant :) )

Another small batch:

Edit: And more

And something a bit different:

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : July 6, 2014 7:18 pm
lover of narnia
(@lover-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hey y'all.

It has literally been forever since I have posted on here, or even been on this sight.

But I have quite the build-up of Narnia icons which I thought I'd start dumping.

And, a hearty welcome to all the new faces in the thread. It is always awesome to see new creativity. :D

aileth: Those book icons are super cool. I especially love the four of the Pevensies; what an original idea!
wild rose: I love the cropping on your icons.
Meltintalle: All four of yours are awesome. They have such a creative layout and great composition.
daughter of the king: Your icons all have beautiful coloring in your second batch! I especially like 2, 3, 5, and 6. In your first batch, your colors are so vivid and bright! My particular favorites are: 2, 3, 4, 11, and 12.
Aslanschild: Both of your batches are gorgeous. Your coloring and composition is beautiful and creative. My favorites from the second batch are 2, 3, 4, 8, 10, 12 and 19. My favorites from your first batch are: 3, 4, 5, 11, and 16.
Andriel: I really like your black and white + splashes of color technique! In your first batch, your lighting and colors are very pretty. I love your use of text. ;) I really like 1 and 3.
Aravis Autarkeia: Your icons are simply gorgeous. Your creativity and clear, bright colors are beautiful. My favorites are: 2, 6, 9, 10, 13, and 15.
DancingPrincesses: I really like your texture us in 2!
Aslanisthebest: Your coloring is beautiful. :D My favorite is 1.

C and CC is appreciated. I would appreciate credit if you use any of these. <3

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6

Posted : July 12, 2014 5:13 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Love the "I am going to roll anyway" avatar, aileth! I also love that last set of Pevensie avatars; it's really neat!

I love the font and the high contrast on the four Pevensie avatars you made, Meltintalle! :)

You captured a great moment with your Jadis avatar, Wild! She looks poised to strike. I also love the colors!

Those are really pretty avatars, Lonnie! I really like the cropping on #3, the shades of blue in #4, and the texture on #19 and #20. :-bd

EDIT: I figured I would post an avatar that I made during an impromptu graphics challenge on NW chat many moons ago. It's pretty simple, but I've always liked the way it turned out, and I thought I'd share it instead of let it gather proverbial dust in a folder on my computer. ;))

Posted : July 30, 2014 5:18 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

These avatars are looking great and vibrant as always everyone! ;)

I decided to show some Liliandil/Laura Brent love so I came up with these. Hope you all enjoy. :)

PS Anyone can use. :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : May 20, 2015 10:12 pm
Aravis Autarkeia
(@aravis-autarkeia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow nice icons everyone! :) I miss seeing Narnia icons...

Posted : November 24, 2015 6:35 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

Textures by flambeau, Wunderkind_Lucy, Aravis Autarkeia, and hyaline12.

Anyone can use.

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : February 7, 2016 10:17 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Dot, per usual, wonderful avvies. I especially love the colouring on #2, #15, and #18. :)

Anyone may use, on the off chance they'd like to. ;)) (There's a variant colouring of this here, in the avy & sig sets thread.)

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Posted : August 21, 2016 12:03 pm
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

Textures by flambeau, Wunderkind_Lucy, hyaline12, and Aravis Autarkeia.

Anyone can use.

ahsokasig

Posted : September 3, 2016 9:14 am
Aravis Autarkeia
(@aravis-autarkeia)
NarniaWeb Nut

So nostalgic looking through all the icons on this page... :x

Dot: (first post) I love the coloring and composition on #2 and #3! I especially love how Susan looks so cold. (second post) so pretty! My favorites are #5, #12, and #20.

ValiantArcher: Nice cropping! Love the yellow words---they feel magical! ;)

Getting some icon practice in for The Silver Chair!

1-6: SC inspired, 7-10: PC, 11: LWW

Hoping to make some icon/sig sets of the sign icons later...
Anyone may use. Credit is cool but not required :)

Posted : June 2, 2017 9:40 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

I've had these sitting on my computer for quite some time. Figured now was as good a time as any to post them!

ahsokasig

Posted : October 3, 2018 2:35 pm
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

Hello, everyone! :)

I thought I'd drop some avies that I made a while back (*blushes*). I don't think I've posted these in here, if I remember right.

CC & C ♥! Credit is nice but not necessary! Please don't claim as your own.

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

Posted : August 26, 2019 1:33 pm
Page 97 / 98
Share: