Share:
Notifications
Clear all

My First Post

Page 2 / 2
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

My first post is no longer officially accesible because I've edited it since being here, but it'd be this one.

The next three were either there or in prayer requests, but here's the 5th one... early on in the Pets Blog:

I've had many pets over my lifetime but right now I just have my rabbit Patchy. He's my best freind and he can be absolutely hilarious. I think he's part English Spot and either part Rex or part Minnie Rex, but I'm not sure. He was named after his spots. His face is really cute because his markings make him look like he has a mustache, and his tail looks grey because the white hairs mix with the black ones, but if you get up close you can see the difference in the colors. Another odd thing about his appearence is his whiskers. For some reason they won't grow right, the one that do grow always end up way to short, curled, and kinked, but they don't seem to bother him so it doesn't worry me as much anymore.
He's a little over two years old and he has a little bit of a wild streak in him. He loves to explore new things and especially loves to be in his hutch outside so he can see everything. We don't put him outside over night or during the winter, and I know many other rabbit owners don't think that they should be allowed outside cause of the dangers, but in truth it would break his heart. Sometimes if its stormy outside we won't put him in his hutch, and instead I'll let him run around the house for a few hours, but ussually he'll just sit and pout in his cage or under the table, it's not that he doesn't want to come out cause he does in the winter or after he's been outside for a while. It's just that he likes being outside more than being indoors. I actually like this about him cause I'm the same way, give me a forest and I will be truly happy.
He's kind of a one person rabbit and loves to spend time with me, He lets me pet him more than my parents and we play all sorts of games, like chasing the cat toy or the rabbit version of tag. When he's out side we'll race around the hutch until the leader stops at a random window waits for the other to catch up then he sniffs my hand and we'll race in the other direction. He almost always leads, he has less room to cover and I have to navigate in the tight space between the hutch and the shed, but my lack of running skills don't help either. This is actually a game he taught me rather than me training him, and I absolutely love it.
He hates being held, but he loves to be petted especially on his forhead, but never his sides. (I thinks he's afraid that if you touch his sides it means you're gonna pick him up. He's also a highly destructive rabbit, he loves to tear apart cardboard boxes and napkins and dig up rugs. He also has this crazy thing for some shades of blue. Watch out if your around him and wearing blue cause he'll try to attack your clothes, but other that that he probably won't bite you, even if you try to pick him up (he'll just run off instead).
I tried to get a picture on here of him but can't quite figure it out, but one of his pictures is my avatar, so at least you guys can see aside view of his face.

Patchy has since passed on most tragically, but he still remains one of the best friends I've ever had... And I'm glad I got to share his life with my NW friends along the way

(I think you guys can see I like talking about animals)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2013 3:55 pm
AstroWolfD
(@astrowolfd)
Member Hospitality Committee

Well, mine was nice and proper in the Getting to Know You thread ;) And I was subsequently welcome by the Wonderful Winged Wolf who just posted

Well, here goes! My name is Denny, if anyone wants to know, and I am sort of a newcomer to the world of Narnia. My younger brother got me into it a few years ago, and now I have seen al of the movies (saw Dawn Treader no fewer than 7 times!), but haven't actually read all of the books. My interests include animals (and as you may guess, wolves in particular!), games, reading, making creations out of Lego, and photography. I hope to meet everyone, and become a regular here soon!

;))

Sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk
AROOOOOOO!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 21, 2013 5:03 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

it appears that even though I joined Narniaweb on Auguat 22, 2008, my first post wasn't until more than a year later :P :

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2013 2:54 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I believe my first post asked if anyone knew what music was used in the LWW trailer. I'm very glad I can't find it because I also remember that like two clicks after I posted I found the thread with the list. :p

(Which is funny, because I joined for the costume forum. And then I found the Spare Oom. And the rest, as they say, is history. ;)) )

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2013 8:31 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I believe I first posted in the getting to know you thread. I'm not so sure I want to go back and find it. I was looking through my old posts recently and goodness, wish I hadn't bothered ;)) I had so many spelling errors

always be humble and kind

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2013 9:02 am
Impending Doom
(@impending-doom)
Adventurous Stranger Knight of NarniaWeb

My first post was in the Silver Chair being Made By Mark Gordon Company topic. That was SOOO long ago ;)

"Tollers, there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves." - C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2013 1:01 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

This was my first post, in the Getting to Know You thread. Not too unique or groundbreaking. ;))

I remember feeling really timid when I first joined, and I really appreciated how welcoming everyone was! And here's a bit of trivia: my first post was posted on my birthday, since I had joined NarniaWeb as a birthday gift to myself after years of lurking and indecision about a username. ;))

I'm really looking forward to the new movie...

Ah, I was so young and innocent back then. :P ;))

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 22, 2013 1:33 pm
Aslans_Jewel
(@aslans_jewel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Aha! I found one of my oldest posts, I think this is why I joined the forum, iirc. Posted the day after I joined. I can't even read it, it's so cringe worthy, hahaha. Basically, I created a topic in Narnia and Christianity explaining what I thought about Narnia and my faith, and it's parallels, and I called it Narnia for Catholics

no longer active. every once in a while ill pop back for the memories. good to see a few recognizable names 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 25, 2013 8:59 am
Eustace
(@eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Even though I joined the form on March 12, 2008 at 6:12pm.

I don't seem to have posted on NarniaWeb till March 26,2008 at 4:18pm.

I have to say Edmund too, I think the best part is (in PC)when he admits he was wrong in the (LWW) and he believes Lucy now because of that. Sigh I hope they make a good part of that in the movie. I really believe sometimes I am like the character Edmund, I do things that are wrong and lie and get back at people.

This was on the Cast and Character discussion and the topic: Who is your favorite character in Prince Caspian?

Redeemed-Cousins-1
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 29, 2013 5:24 am
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
(@dernhelm_of_rohan)
NarniaWeb Nut

I had absolutely no recollection of what my first post was, so I went hunting. All the way back to 2009. Turns out that for someone so loquacious, it was really short.

I think that the most significant Christian theme in VDT is the scene in the garden on Dragon Island, where Aslan cures Eustace of his dragon disease. I hope that makes it into the movie, because it has the whole Christian theme in it: a hopelessly binding sin that we can't get off ourselves, a Lion who can do it for us, if we let Him, and a set of new clothes.

- from Christian Themes in The Dawn Treader

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 4, 2013 7:00 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: