Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Movie Climaxes

Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

As Netflix has Narnia in development, we don't know much about it. We still know it's happening. In the Disney/Walden Trilogy, there were big battle scenes as the climaxes. You could argue they are a Lord of the Rings knock-off. Time to address the climaxes.

The Magician's Nephew- since it's hard to say if Netflix is going to go in publication order or chronological order, I'll start with The Magician's Nephew. There doesn't need to be created tension or a big battle scene (lest you want to have tension where Jadis is tempting Digory to steal the apple). Since there is no battle scene, it's hard to say where the climax would be.

The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe- In the books, it was focused more on freeing the statues at the White Witch's castle; in the Walden movie, it was focused more on the battle. It could be a very difficult thing to do both all at once. So what can Netflix do?

The Horse And His Boy- I'd argue that the climax is the Battle of Anvard. In the book, we see it from the pool that the Hermit of the Southern March is watching from (similar to the Mirror of Galadriel in Lord of the Rings). So how would Netflix approach this? Actually show the Battle of Anvard, or show it in the pool?

Prince Caspian- In the books, the boys and Caspian are at the second battle of Beruna while the girls and Aslan are freeing the school children. In the movie, they had to cut out freeing the school children. It can be a very difficult thing to do, especially if there two different things going on at the same time. So how would Netflix manage to do something like that?

The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader- In the book, the sea serpent was a random obstacle. In the movie, it was the climax. I'd say that the climax is where Caspian and his crew at reach the world's end, where they taste the water that is sweet.

The Silver Chair- The climax is where the Lady of the Green Kirtle makes Prince Rilian, Puddleglum, and the kids forget about Narnia, the Overworld, sky, sun, and Aslan. Then Puddleglum stamps on the green fire, and gives his heroic speech. Then the Lady of the Green Kirtle becomes a serpent. Puddleglum, Prince Rilian, and Eustace kill her. So how would Netflix do this?

The Last Battle- It's hard to say where the actual climax is. The Battle of Stable Hill. Then Tirian takes Rishda with him into the stable, and Tash shows up. Then Peter banishes Tash, and Tash goes away, taking Rishda with him. Then Aslan brings an end to the world of Narnia. There might be multiple climaxes. It would seemed that movie makers would struggle with it. So how would Netflix approach it?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

Topic starter Posted : November 4, 2021 9:22 am
Share: