A combination of 1 and 2  -  votes: 2 / 28.6%
28.6%
I have no idea!  -  votes: 0 / 0%
0%

Ideas for Narnia Movies Tag Line

Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I was thinking a lot about this. It would seem that Narnia films would have a tag line for promotions. Here's what they were for the Walden-

LWW- "There are many stories of Narnia. The first is about to be told."

PC- "A New Age Has Begun"

VDT- "Take the voyage. Live the adventure."

I don't really have any particular idea for what it could be use a tag line for a new Narnia film adaptations. I guess one way would be it could be a line from the books, "Narnia Shall Be Renewed" for PC or "Remember the Signs" for SC or "All Worlds Draw To An End" for LB. Another way is that it could be just something random, "The magic begins" for LWW or MN. It could even be a combination of both.

Any ideas for the tag line of Narnia movies?

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 26, 2023 2:36 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Is the question what we think they will be or what we'd like them to be?

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2023 3:01 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @col-klink

Is the question what we think they will be or what we'd like them to be?

It’s to share some ideas. It can be a combination of both- what we think they will be and what we’d like them to be. 

Either way, it is sure something to wonder about what the tag lines for Narnia movie promotions would be (to get audiences excited for). 

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 26, 2023 3:03 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Well, as a fan I would enjoy the taglines being book quotes of some sort, but I can't think of any that would make sense out of context. (I can think of quotes that would sound intriguing put in a promo.) 

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2023 3:06 pm
PrinceRillianIX
(@rilianix)
NarniaWeb Regular

The only one I can think of, off the top of my head, is for The Last Battle, utilising Roonwit's quote to have the tagline possibly be:

"All worlds draw to an end"

Slightly cliche maybe, but I could see it working.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2023 3:22 pm
Col Klink liked
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

As corny as it sounds, I would go with the tagline that's right there in the books beneath the title of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe:

"A Story for Children" by C.S Lewis.

Unconventional and pointed for sure, but I think with the appropriate graphic design it's the sort of thing that would really make people sit up and take notice amongst a sea of movie poster cliches.

Plus as discussed in the other topic, I consider childhood to be a key theme of LWW (and all the books really) and something I fully expect Greta Gerwig to see as the heart of the story she wants to tell, therefore its uncomplicated nature works well for that I think.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2023 3:37 pm
Crunchy-P
(@queencrunchytheweeb)
NarniaWeb Regular

Gonna suggest for the ones without a Walden version Bats eyes  

SC: "Follow the Signs"

HHB: To Narnia and the North"

MN: "The Beginning of the Chronicles"

LB: "All worlds come to an end"

"Have a Narnian Day!" (ナルニアの日を過ごしましょう!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 26, 2023 8:05 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @icarus

Plus as discussed in the other topic, I consider childhood to be a key theme of LWW (and all the books really) and something I fully expect Greta Gerwig to see as the heart of the story she wants to tell, therefore its uncomplicated nature works well for that I think.

Right, though I would argue that The Last Battle has the most complex plot in the series. It deals with a lot of heavy themes like life and death, manipulation, battle. While it's a children's book, there are moments that it kind of gets over your head.

Posted by: @queencrunchytheweeb

Gonna suggest for the ones without a Walden version Bats eyes  

SC: "Follow the Signs"

HHB: To Narnia and the North"

MN: "The Beginning of the Chronicles"

LB: "All worlds come to an end"

Those are ideas as well. Whichever they decide to do for taglines, it would have to be something to get people excited for! I actually just recalled that when I saw the trailer for Walden's PC (hard to believe it was 15 years ago when it was released in theaters), there was a line that said, "You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember." It actually gave a hint that the film was going to be darker than the first one. I don't expect the new PC to be as dark as the Walden, though I would have a feeling that LB would be the darkest, given that it's the darkest book in the series. Then of course, it might depend on one's definition of "dark" (we can have a whole other discussion about it how dark could a Narnia movie be or what does it really mean).

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 27, 2023 9:36 am
Impending Doom
(@impending-doom)
Adventurous Stranger Knight of NarniaWeb

Unleash Magic. Discover Narnia.

In Greta Gerwig's The Magician's Nephew

Christmas 2025

You never said it had to be good 😆

"Tollers, there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves." - C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 29, 2023 8:57 pm
Impending Doom
(@impending-doom)
Adventurous Stranger Knight of NarniaWeb
Posted by: @icarus

As corny as it sounds, I would go with the tagline that's right there in the books beneath the title of The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe: "A Story for Children" by C.S Lewis.

I actually love this idea for the whole of Netflix's series. It's simply genius.

Retroactively, you can tell a lot of PC and VDT's issues can be picked up on from their taglines. "A Story for Children" would set the right tone thematically. It would also indicate that Netflix is serious about faithfully adapting the books.

"Tollers, there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves." - C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2023 4:52 pm
icarus and coracle liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Oh yes. "A Story For Children" could also work for MN, if they were to go in chronological order. So possibly-

MN- "A Story for Children"

LWW- "The Prophecy Shall Be Fulfilled"

HHB- "Narnia and the North!"

PC- "Narnia Shall Be Renewed!"

VDT- "Sail Into The Eastern End!"

SC- "Remember the Signs!"

LB- "All Worlds Draw To An End"

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 4, 2023 8:30 pm
Cleander liked
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

Some alternatives to add to the pile, I suppose: 

MN - Narnia Awakes

LWW - Winter meets its death

PC - The Lion Returns

VDT - To the Utter East

HHB - The Empire Strikes? Grin  

SC - Few return to the sunlit lands

LB - Further up and further in! 

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2023 8:44 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie
Posted by: @the-mad-poet

LWW - Winter meets its death

Ooh, I like that!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 4, 2023 10:07 pm
Cleander liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

I guess whichever they decide to do for the Narnia movie tag lines, it should get at least get people excited.

I think tag lines go along with the marketing stand point. Then, of course, the filmmakers has to to do it with great care. I actually discovered that a movie doesn't do well financially and critically not just because people don't like it. In some cases, it can be because of very little or to no promotion.

That is, even if the new Narnia films doesn’t stray too far from the books (which obviously we hope that is the case), if there is very little to no promotion, it will not do very well.

So for the tag lines for Narnia films, it should at least get the people excited and make them want to go see it.

(Emeth, The Last Battle)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 20, 2023 12:52 pm
Share: