Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Write a Synopsis

Page 4 / 42
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

A story about a small child who doesn't quite understand how to play Clue (AKA Cluedo) yet.

Beowulf

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2020 10:25 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

The story of a guy who takes that name because his overriding obsession is to dress up in fur, join a pack in the wild, and, well, be a wolf...

A Wrinkle in Time

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 23, 2020 1:58 am
Sun-muffin
(@sun-muffin)
NarniaWeb Nut

A tale of the inevitability of aging, as told by a person who had fought the aging process as long as possible, only to discover, after many years, the first wrinkle. 

Oliver Twist

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2020 6:15 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

The story of Oliver and his passion for soft ice cream.  He overcomes many hurdles to start a business named "Oliver Twist"

Back to the Future

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2020 6:46 am
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

A linguistic study discussing how we discuss abstract concepts using words that describe physical locations, and other such language quirks.

(That's based on a YouTube video which is basically about the same thing. It mentioned that English tends to refer to the future as being in front of us (I.e. you "look forward" to something), but there are languages that think of the future as being behind you (presumably because you can't see it yet). Naturally, this joke popped up in the comments a few times. Giggle )

Swan Lake

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2020 12:46 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

The history of all the generations of black swans that have lived on the lake at Chartwell, Winston Churchill's home, ever since Churchill was given a pair of them from Australia as an official thank you gift after WW2.

(That is true about the swans — Chartwell is only half an hour's drive from where I live — but I doubt there is really a book about them! Wink )

The Scarlet Letter

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 24, 2020 1:32 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

A gothic novel detailing in lurid language the origins of a love letter written in blood.

The Perilous Gard

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 12:42 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

A slapstick story about Gard, a young man who is constantly getting into scrapes.

Beauty and the Beast

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 12:58 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

The story of a scary-looking anthromorphic monster who wants to show the world that beauty is on the inside, and enters a beauty pageant. 

Stranger Things

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 1:16 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Taking its title from the saying that truth is stranger than fiction, a book full of very strange - but true - stories and facts.

Thimble Summer

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 25, 2020 5:26 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

A young office worker learns how to put papers into alphabetical order for filing, using a rubber finger 'thimble'.

Scouting for Boys

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 25, 2020 10:13 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

The saga of an expert talent scout on a mission to put together the greatest new boy band the world has ever seen...

Wuthering Heights

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2020 3:18 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

A story about a girl with acrophobia who hears an odd sort of roaring sound whenever she more than a few inches or centimeters off the ground.

Whose Body?

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 26, 2020 4:13 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

The autobiography of the famous first baseman, Who, with a special inside look at his gym schedule.

Race the Sands

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2020 7:10 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

A comparison of hourglasses to see if some are running fast.

The Unbearable Lightness of Being 

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 27, 2020 5:04 pm
Page 4 / 42
Share: