Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Write a Synopsis

Page 28 / 42
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

The story of a boy growing up under the guardianship of his aunts, & one great-aunt, who told him repeatedly, when his aunts disapproved of the many naughty things he and the other boys got up to, that "aunts aren't gentlemen" even if they wanted him to grow up be one. 

A Prince of the Captivity.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2022 4:37 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

A historical fiction novel following the life of a Judean prince during the Babylonian exile.

No Woman's World

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 6, 2022 8:14 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

One of many books which portray only too vividly what life is still like for women, in parts of the world where conservative tribal values hold sway, & where women are still considered the property of men. 

The Silenced Cry

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2022 2:42 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

An ornithologist researches what has caused the loss of a colony of rare birds, whose distinctive cry has disappeared from the area.

Farmer Giles of Ham

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2022 6:16 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

A children's rhyming picture book about a farmer and his farm animals.

Under the Lilacs

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 12, 2022 9:36 am
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

A horticultural book consisting of a compilation of articles on the cultivation and management of the species syringa vulgaris.

On Top of Concord Hill

~ Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2022 10:16 am
coracle
(@coracle)

A photographic essay of views from a prominent hill.

A Clutch Of Constables

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 13, 2022 12:08 pm
Cyberlucy
(@cyberlucy)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb

The story of a group of local policemen whose after hours lives involves some nefarious activities and how they were caught.

The Little White Horse

These are only shadows of the real world

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2022 5:55 pm
rainyweather
(@rainyweather)
NarniaWeb Nut

A short story about a little boy searching for his dear toy horse- that he carried everywhere with him- he lost, with a heartwarming theme about moving on and focusing on what is truly important.

On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness

"We shall all, in the end,
be led to where we belong.
We shall all, in the end,
find our way home."

- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 16, 2022 10:18 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

A tongue-in-cheek high fantasy story about a coastal people facing a growing danger from across the sea.

(An Andrew Peterson fan, I presume?)

The Pocket

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 17, 2022 6:46 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

The story of a coat pocket that had a tiny family heirloom sewn into one corner. The book tells of the travels of various family members who inherited the coat over several generations.

Hear Our Voices, We Entreat

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 17, 2022 9:43 pm
rainyweather
(@rainyweather)
NarniaWeb Nut

In a once song-filled and magical land, where monsters now soar overhead, attacking anything that dares to make music, a brother and sister journey to the tallest peak- higher than where the creatures dare fly- and sing a song of danger and despair, in hopes of calling a hero from faraway land. But, when no warrior comes and the monsters grow restless, the people begin to doubt a hero will ever come to save them, and finally decide to fight for themselves.

Restart

Posted by: @valiantarcher

(An Andrew Peterson fan, I presume?)

Not yet, but I hope to be! I recently read somewhere that the Wingfeather Saga is like Narnia in a way, so I took a peek- it seems good. I plan on reading it as soon as I can get it Smile .

"We shall all, in the end,
be led to where we belong.
We shall all, in the end,
find our way home."

- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2022 10:23 am
QueenLuTheValiant
(@queenluthevaliant)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think it's about a person who moved and is starting new life in a new place.

Whatever After Beauty Queen.

"Why, Sir,’ said Lucy. ‘I think – I don’t know – but I think I could be brave enough.‘”

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2022 5:54 pm
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

A choose-your-own ending version of the stories of Snow White, who is the fairest of them all, and Sleeping Beauty, in which you can choose whatever ending you wish from "happily ever after" to "happily never after."

The Five Red Herrings

~ Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 20, 2022 10:25 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

A cookery book focusing on fish recipes.

Last Ditch

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 21, 2022 3:14 am
Page 28 / 42
Share: