Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Spotto

Page 12 / 19
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Spotto! I've got three by my bed — a teddy bear from Cornwall (called Perran Bear after the patron saint of Cornwall), a pirate koala (a present from my mum and dad in Australia), and a little Paddington Bear (which I bought as a souvenir from the British Library in London, the same day I became a British citizen — because Paddington is an immigrant who became British too Hug )

Spotto for an indoor plant.

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2021 11:09 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Spotto!

Spotto for some rocks.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 12, 2021 3:36 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Spotto! Outside the window.

Spotto for something red.

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 13, 2021 1:02 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Spotto - there's some red on a stack of notes here.

Spotto for a light bulb.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 13, 2021 5:43 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Spotto! There's one right over my head.

Spotto for a spoon.

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2021 2:36 am
KingEdTheJust
(@kingedthejust)
NarniaWeb Nut

Spotto! In the kitchen, obviously. 

Spotto for a Napkin!

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did." - (King Edmund the Just, Horse and his Boy)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 17, 2021 8:10 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Spotto! Downstairs in the dining room sideboard, where the left over Christmas napkins or serviettes are kept. 

Spotto for a clean hand towel. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 20, 2021 11:56 pm
KingEdTheJust
(@kingedthejust)
NarniaWeb Nut

Spotto! It looks pretty clean. 

Spotto for a pair of socks

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did." - (King Edmund the Just, Horse and his Boy)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2021 8:16 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

Spotto! On my feet, blue and white socks.

Spotto for a book with a yellow cover.

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2021 12:18 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Spotto! In a drawer underneath the landline telephone, there are a couple of telephone directories, with yellow  covers. They are called Yellow pages, covering businesses in the area.

Spotto for an old fashioned landline telephone.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 23, 2021 5:06 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
Posted by: @waggawerewolf27

Spotto! In a drawer underneath the landline telephone, there are a couple of telephone directories, with yellow  overs. They are called Yellow pages, covering businesses in the area.

"Got a problem with my Goggomobil... G-O, G-G-O..." Grin  

(Legendary Aussie ad for the Yellow Pages in the 1990s. I'm pretty sure Wagga will get it.)

Spotto for an old fashioned landline telephone.

Spotto! One on the desk at work (I'm just on a break).

Spotto for a hat of any sort.

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2021 1:24 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Spotto ! for a shelf of hats, mainly of the sunhat variety, including a conical Vietnamese style one, and a glittery top hat of the sort used in comedy club performances.

Spotto for beanies, knitted caps or other winter-style head ware. 

"Got a problem with my Goggomobil... G-O, G-G-O..."Grin 

(Legendary Aussie ad for the Yellow Pages in the 1990s. I'm pretty sure Wagga will get it.)

I did, & it was a marvellous ad. Grin   But it would be hard to duplicate in print the marvellously deep rich voice of the actor who was the speaker in that ad. What was the accent again, do you remember? I think it might have been faintly Scottish. On the other hand, there was that other Yellow Pages ad, "Not happy Jan". There are a lot of people called Jan, or similar names, like John, Jon, Jean, Joan, Joanne, Johanna, Janice, Janelle......I'm one of them, actually. Eyeroll  

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 24, 2021 6:30 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

I did, & it was a marvellous ad. Grin   But it would be hard to duplicate in print the marvellously deep rich voice of the actor who was the speaker in that ad. What was the accent again, do you remember? I think it might have been faintly Scottish.

Yes, it was Scottish. The chap's name is Tommy Dysart, if I remember rightly, and that was apparently pretty much his natural accent. On at least a couple of occasions in the late 1990s, he came into one of the libraries in Melbourne where my dad worked, and Dad got to chatting with him and even managed to make a spontaneous "G-O, G-G-O" joke with him. He (Tommy) also used to be in the Don Smallgoods ads — "Is Don. Is Good." — which Dad also liked, as his own name is Don. Wink  

On the other hand, there was that other Yellow Pages ad, "Not happy Jan". There are a lot of people called Jan, or similar names, like John, Jon, Jean, Joan, Joanne, Johanna, Janice, Janelle......I'm one of them, actually. Eyeroll  

I was thinking of quoting that one too, but maybe it's better I didn't... Giggle  

(Back to the game!!!)

Spotto! I have a beanie in my backpack (which I always carry rather than a handbag) to use when the weather gets cold. It — the beanie — has penguins on it. I bought it at Phillip Island. (Another Aussie reference that no-one else here is going to get, sorry. Tongue )

Spotto for a flowering plant of any sort. (As in one that's currently in flower.)

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2021 9:02 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

Spotto! A white snapdragon.

Spotto for something purple.

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2021 8:31 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Spotto! The top that Zoe Wanamaker is wearing in a cover photo on a magazine I just bought! (I really don't use purple much, and nothing else in the entire room is purple Smug )

Spotto for dried flower/s.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 25, 2021 9:18 pm
Page 12 / 19
Share: