Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] NarniaWeb Tournament Questions

Page 1 / 5
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

If you have any questions about our first ever NarniaWeb Tournament, ask them here! :) Just be aware that more information will be upcoming throughout the next month, so please don't ask about specific details until they're released (such as how many points can be gotten for what, where you can earn points, etc.).

Remember, if you'd like to join, please pm any one of the Marshalls of the List (DiGoRyKiRkE, ramagut, malkah, Pattertwigs Pal, and ValiantArcher) and they will put you on a team. :)

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Topic starter Posted : May 29, 2012 9:17 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Am I allowed to ask what determines which team we get placed on? Does our personal preference measure into it? Or are there guidelines? Or is it random?

Because I already know which team I'd really like to be on. ;))

~Riella =:)

Posted : May 29, 2012 6:58 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Am I allowed to ask what determines which team we get placed on? Does our personal preference measure into it? Or are there guidelines? Or is it random?

Basically, we're trying to keep the teams as even as possible. We're trying to spread out those who post a lot, and those who post rarely. You can certainly voice your preference when you PM one of us, and we can see what we can do. . . but there are no guarantees ;)

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : May 30, 2012 4:50 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

when do the games start?

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : May 30, 2012 5:21 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Liberty, the tournament will start on July 1. :)

Topic starter Posted : May 30, 2012 5:27 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

It doesn't affect me anymore as I already signed up, but I figured someone else might want to know:

Is there a deadline for members to sign up by? Can members sign up after the games begin?

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : May 30, 2012 6:09 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)

Good question, wolfloversk! :) Since we've given everyone over a month's notice, that should hopefully be more than enough time for people to sign up. Right now, we don't anticipate letting people sign up after the games begin, and the sign up deadline will be a few days before the games begin.

Topic starter Posted : May 30, 2012 7:11 am
Andriel
(@andriel)
NarniaWeb Nut

When the Tournament is going is there a way to see how many points your team has?

Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!

Posted : June 5, 2012 10:06 am
ramagut
(@ramagut)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Absolutely! We will have threads that only the Marshals of the Lists will be able to post in and we will keep a daily tally of plus points and minus points! ;)

Love God, love people

Posted : June 5, 2012 10:28 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

In keeping with the tune of the points, how will they be awarded? Will longer posts be worth more? For example, will a G&B post that is a few sentences long be worth the same as an extremely lengthy and detailed CRaP post? :P Will the quality, thoughtfulness, grammar and the spelling be included in the assement of points? This is all important stuff that we will need to know, if we are to strategize. B-)

- Little Joe

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : June 5, 2012 6:46 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)

We will, as the tournament gets closer, give you all a complete list of the point breakdown.
I have not discussed this with the other marshals, but I will give you all a general idea of points.

Most of the G&B games will have the same point value.
The point value for *substantial* posts in other threads will vary. And yes, quality, thoughtfulness, grammar and spelling will count!

Another hint...break out your Screwtape Letters books! ;)

And it wouldn't hurt to "practice" posting throughout NarniaWeb. (But don't spend too much time in The Spare Oom or Ditto Town!)

Love God, love people

Posted : June 5, 2012 7:12 pm
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

Um.. what happens if you don't have any Screwtape Letters books? :P

One more question.. when the competition starts, will we be assigned places to post everyday, or is it just random?

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

Posted : June 5, 2012 7:40 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)

Um.. what happens if you don't have any Screwtape Letters books? :P

Go to the library and check one out! ;))

One more question.. when the competition starts, will we be assigned places to post everyday, or is it just random?

You'll find out! :P

Love God, love people

Posted : June 5, 2012 11:34 pm
Menelve
(@menelve)
NarniaWeb Nut

You're enjoying stringing us along, aren't you, Ramagut? It isn't fair that you get to have fun before the game starts for us! ;)

Writer's Nook: My Writing Blog

Posted : June 11, 2012 6:05 pm
ramagut
(@ramagut)

Bwahahaha!!!!!

I've got to have some fun while planning this!!! :P

Love God, love people

Posted : June 12, 2012 7:46 am
Page 1 / 5
Share: