Notifications
Clear all

First-Shall-Be-Last Geography

Page 44 / 129
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Runcorn, a town near Liverpool, UK

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2021 2:16 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Nabiac, New South Wales, Australia.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 9, 2021 7:17 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Celebration (Florida, USA)

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 11, 2021 11:12 am
coracle
(@coracle)

New Plymouth, a city in the New Zealand region of Taranaki, famous for its mountain of the same name (Taranaki, aka Mount Egmont, looks a bit like Mt Fuji).

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2021 12:11 am
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Hungary

@Coracle: (Taranaki, aka Mount Egmont, looks a bit like Mt Fuji)

Thank you for clearing up where Mount Egmont vanished to. Silly  I don't think it had been renamed yet, when I flew past it in early 1967 on a holiday to New Zealand with my father. The view of that mountain was really spectacular, at the time, with snow on the top, even though it was January. It really stood out, in the south west, unlike other North Island volcanoes like Mt Ruapehu.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2021 2:14 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

Yugoslavia (a country that existed when I was a younger person, and has been chopped about and renamed).

[@waggawerewolf27 Taranaki was always its name, it's just that the silly English settlers gave it an English name too]

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2021 4:22 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Ayer's Rock, which was formally called Uluru after 1993, when dual names were decided upon. The rock, itself, is Uluru whilst the resort facilities there are called Ayer's Rock Resort. Uluru is the heart shaped monolith at the centre of Australia. 

@Coracle: Taranaki was always its name, it's just that the silly English settlers gave it an English name too

Fair point. But then they didn't tell us that in January, 1967. That was the last holiday I ever had with my father, due to access arrangements. Mind you, I've never been back to New Zealand, Scotland being more of a priority when I married 4 years later, in 1971.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 12, 2021 9:40 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

Kings Lynn, a small seaside town in Norfolk, England.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2021 1:42 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Nirgua [Venezuela]

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 16, 2021 4:54 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Assisi, Italy. Home of St Francis of Assisi.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2021 10:42 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

Islington, an inner suburb of London.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2021 2:45 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Nunavut, the northern-most territory of Canada.

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2021 3:52 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Totness [Suriname]

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 17, 2021 2:07 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

San Jose, a place that nobody seems to know the way to.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2021 8:38 pm
Courtenay liked
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @coracle

San Jose, a place that nobody seems to know the way to.

(Woah woah wo-woah woah woah wo-woah woah woah... Dancing )

Edenbridge, Kent, England (a village that, despite the name, does not contain a crossing to paradise, at least to my knowledge)

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 18, 2021 11:09 am
Page 44 / 129
Share: