Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Corrupt a Wish

Page 5 / 5
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

The cost of living drops significantly, but the availability of take-away food drastically decreases as well.

I wish I could always find what I'm looking for at a book sale or bookstore.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 23, 2024 7:22 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Hooray! Now you always find the exact books you're looking for at every book sale or bookstore you visit... and they're always priced WAY out of your range. (Four figures minimum, even the modern paperbacks.)

I wish I could have a new car.

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 23, 2024 3:18 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Shazam! In a blaze of lightning, your new car appears spectacularly. But there is a hitch when the new environmental solar technology of running the car with solar panels on its hood & bonnet, doesn't work the engine when the sun doesn't shine. Angel  

I wish I could wave a wand and say something like Accio Newspaper article! like Harry Potter, when trying to relocate items of interest. 

This post was modified 1 month ago by waggawerewolf27
ReplyQuote
Posted : February 23, 2024 10:34 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Ta da, you now have that ability but, unfortunately, every newspaper article or other item of interest within 50 kilometers shows up instead of just the item you want.

I wish for a good night's sleep.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : March 16, 2024 3:14 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

Yawn 🐏🐑🐑🐑 Yawn The good-night fairy sings a lullaby and so you are indeed lulled to a good night's sleep. I hope it was on a weekend, because Hurry up Hurry up Hurry up you wouldn't want to sleep the whole week through and miss all the things you need to do. 

I wish for a magic wand that would do all the heavy lifting for me, when furniture has to be shifted. 

Ta da, you now have that ability but, unfortunately, every newspaper article or other item of interest within 50 kilometers shows up instead of just the item you want.

ROFL ROFL ROFL  

This post was modified 1 month ago 3 times by waggawerewolf27
ReplyQuote
Posted : March 16, 2024 10:19 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well, the magic wand happens to exist, but it tends to drop the furniture a lot. Better watch your toes!

I wish I could spend more time reading.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 21, 2024 1:44 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

Presto! You now spend so much time reading that you get nothing else done at all.

On that note, as I have things I need to do myself and keep putting them off by hanging out on NarniaWeb... I wish I could stop procrastinating! Giggle  

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 22, 2024 5:34 am
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

Bang! Puff! Now you don't spend anytime on Narniaweb and everyone wonders where you are.

I wish to catch a fish (so juicy-sweet).

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2024 7:00 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)

You do — but while eating it, you are transformed into Gollum. And now you are bent on nothing else but getting back your Preciousssss.

On that note, I wish I could visit Middle-earth! 

(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 4, 2024 8:11 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)

And continuing on that note, so do I. How gorgeous it would be to revisit Middle Earth, even if I have to visit New Zealand to do so, when for the films, New Zealand Airways could boast that New Zealand, of all countries, won the Oscars for the best supporting country.

Unfortunately, to do so, is a whole bunch of bureaucratic demands such as renewing one's Aussie or UK passport and much more of day-to-day goings on. However dreamingly magnificent the mere idea of visiting Middle Earth, let alone New Zealand, might be, the reality is often too complicated to contemplate, when the "Return of an admittedly romantic King" won't solve anything in world affairs. 

I wish that I could win a holiday to Spain & Portugal, when there is so much to see there. Smile  

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by waggawerewolf27
ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2024 2:37 am
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

Poof! You're transported to Spain or Portugal when there is a lot to see, but it happens to be the middle ages and the Franks are busy waging war on the Caliphate of Cordoba.

I wish I could participate in the Society of Creative Anachronism (without getting hurt).

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 9, 2024 3:32 pm
Page 5 / 5
Share: