Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Town Square I

Page 2 / 213
peterpevensie
(@peterpevensie)
NarniaWeb Regular

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooood morning! Wow, this is a nice new forum. I remember some big changes in NW history, but none this big. Hey - the hug smiley is now readily available!

So to some of my favorite NWebbers that I see here: Princess Anna, Tiana (newly named!), Starkat, Elle.... good to see everyone here!

EDIT: First page of the newest version of the DT! Awesome. How many does that make total? Does anyone else remember the very first? Actually.... I don't think I participated in the very first. But I know I did participate in the second. What was that.... about 100 DTs ago?

And I'm now on the second page of posters! Of course, there are quite a lot fewer posters now than there were back earlier..... but still..... The only problem is that everyone else is pretty much a mod, and there's no way I'll catch up to them.

God bless, Peter Pevensie.
I love Narnia.
WC +1145! (04/16/10).
Little brother to Princess Anna, Big brother to Pevensie#5, Ti'ana, and Erucenindë.

Posted : September 4, 2009 3:59 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Happy Friday, NarniaWeb! :)

And a new era dawns on the forum...I'm just peeking in from work, so this will be brief, but I wanted to greet everyone here on the new Town Square.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:17 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hey guys I did something way cool.
with a new NW I think we just might need a new Bob Saget...
So heres the next generation of the platupus!

hehe how do you like him now?

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:24 am
Ellesar
(@ellesar)
Member Hospitality Committee

I DON'T like it. I prefer the old Bob Saget MUCH better... he was more sophisticated and refined

See the armies so arrayed,
Line on line, ten thousand strong.
See the Dragon King’s sharp blade,
Rising to a song!
See his enemies laid low!
Hear our voices sing:
Let glory crown the victor’s brow,
In the Hall of the Dragon King!

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:28 am
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Lol thats funny Ellesar
fine he can be boby saget jr! Bob Sagets son :p
I can't wait ti'll football tonight...
Ellesar: how have you been?

If you ain't first, you're last.

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:40 am
Peregrin
(@peregrin)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hullo,
I thought I'd check out the new forum. It looks great. I just want to thank all the mods and admins for keeping this forum up and running.

Peregrin

Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, ... 1 Thessalonians 4:11

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:43 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Mortereve, all!
Thanks, Abe, for opening this!

Wow, the new Narniaweb is really going to take time to adjust to! (And my old font colour can't be retrieved! Well, I'll use this one for the meantime.)
Eh, I'm missing the old Town Square/Narniaweb to death right now. :(( But, I'm sure I'll adjust fast enough and love this one, too. (Gradually...)

So, how are you all this mortereve?

EDIT:
If y'all think I'm going to do ketchup...you might as well forget that. Okay, I *might* do it, but then I might not.

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : September 4, 2009 4:45 am
NarniaNut95
(@narnianut95)
NarniaWeb Nut

Mortereve all!

Well, what would the new NarniaWeb be without the Town Square? I'm so glad you all are still here. And that makes all the difference! Here are my thoughts on the new forum.

And now, some catching up.

From the old Town Square:

Three's not that bad. Writing a sentence that starts with a digit is, though. I'm sorry, Aiden, you made four mistakes.. ;)

Oh no! My doom has surely come! And here I thought it was bad having three mistakes? Apparently I was mistaken. Four is the end of the world.

@ NN. Well, that's what I'm trying to do. Sometimes I can stop by more than other times...

I really don't know why I put the face there.

Yeah, that's understandable.
Oh, ok.

Okay, Ned-- Nedia... Nick.
Excuse me?! You actually wish that I'd lose a post? How cruel!
Thanks! Which one are you referring to? Pebbles?

Lol.
Haha, only so that you'll ask if you can use Lazarus. :p
Uh, well, originally you changed it to Pebbles and then you went back to PELS but without the tildes.

Wow, Nick. That was really a good speech. You need to write that first thing in the new Town Square (*tears*). :) I can't wait to go further up and further in!

Thanks! I wish I could have written the first thing, but alas, I was sleeping, as most of us were, while the change occurred.

Balustrade the First: Yes, it is indeed my birthday! (Or was. Oh dear. It's tomorrow already.) Thank you ever so much!

Ah, well I hope it was a good one! Haha, yeah I often finding myself saying that. However, it's interesting to note that it never really is "tomorrow". It's always today. :p

It was neat that a bunch of people who hadn't been in the Square for a while showed up at the end of the last one. :)

From the new Town Square:

wow...haven't seen a low numbered TS in a LOOOOONG time ;))

That's logical, since numbers of sequential things tend to go up. ;) I was in the very first Town Square (well, the very, very first one reeeaaaally long ago, but the first one of the ones that we currently had on the old NW) and now I'm in another Town Square I!

I must confess that I had a hard time choosing as to if I wanted to eat a nice breakfast first or get on NW. Actually I'm kinda doing both at once.

Haha. I got on NarniaWeb as soon as I got up! In fact, I doubled up on school yesterday so that I wouldn't have any today. That way, I can spend a lot of time on NW! :D

Well, it looks as if I've made the first catch up post on the new forum! That's quite significant! (Ok, so not really. But I'm just trying to make myself feel like I did something significant. Just play along!)

In conclusion, I have to say that within the short amount of time I've already been on here, I'm starting to love the new NarniaWeb. For a long time, the old one will still feel like home. But I'm sure I'll get used to this very quickly. And, as many people have said many times before, it's the people that make NarniaWeb what it is!

AvSig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.

Posted : September 4, 2009 5:06 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

*Cor and Vern enter the new Town Square waving to all in a cheery way. Cor is glad to see some old faces (not that you look old, but simply that you haven't been around in a long time) such as Rob, Ara, Kat, Elle and Ryan.

The Prince and his dragon take their new usual seat by the sparkling new fountain.*

Good Mortereve to all and happy FRIDAY to everyone!!! :)

It's so good to see everyones familiar faces (avatars?) around here! The new forum and site as a whole looks great! :D It will take a little bit of getting used to though..... :p

So, how is everyone?

P.S, Yahoo smilies are great!!! :) :D ;) :p

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:09 am
CSLewisNarnia
(@cslewisnarnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Mortereve Everyone!
The new NW is very interesting, and mysterious. :p
Any how, as much as I miss the old one, I will eventually like this one too, :)
Now to Catchup:

CS, that is a fun day!! You got to call Princess Anna? Sweet! Sounds like fun.

Lol, thankyou.
Yeah! It was a ton of fun, she was so fun. :D

Thanks. Oh yes, I think I still have those! Yeah, it took us a couple months to get that all figured out, but it was fun.
Oh, you're welcome! I'm glad it comes in handy.

Lol, Aitb couldn't get someing to work on the Lappy, so she wuld work on mine, and sometimes the site would close down. :p It was pretty funny.

*waves to CSLN* I'm afraid I've been neglecting to mention you in my posts of late.... Anyway, how are you doing, miss CSLN?

Lol, thats allright. I'm doing allright, school's next week on Teusday, so that should be fun :p And how are you?

Well I shall be around, and I thought I might plant a little tree of the old square. :) I call it the book tree. When it grows, books will be the "fruit" so to say, and you can pick them and read them.

~CSLN

Icon by me. Sister: Aslanisthebest
Every time I think of a quote or witty comment to put here, the quote is not so spectacular and the comment is not so witty.

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:10 am
PrinceCor004
(@princecor004)
NarniaWeb Guru

@ CSLN. Oh, O.K. I felt kind of bad for talking with Bella, but not mentioning you....

School starts next week for me as well. :) I'm looking forward to it/dreading it (as always). After this year though, I'll graduate which will be great! :D

I'm doing well. Enjoying my last few days of freedom before school starts. ;)

Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:24 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

All right, I'll catchup now. Thank goodness it's only two pages.

From the old Town Square:

Firstly, Happy Belated Birthday, Betsie!!

Lol! I only like chocolate cake too, Bella. Without chocolate...it tastes nasty.

That's true. I don't mind other kinds of cakes, but I prefer chocolate frosting. (Over them all, I prefer whipped cream! :D )

*waves to Winty*

Yeah, well, I'm starting to see the mimers aren't all they say they are
I wish I hadn't!
A poodle? A POODLE?!

Oops, I might have had something to do with making you think so. I assure you now, the mimers are trustworthy and innocent. Just who they say they are. All we want is some people in the miming box to perform for us.. (I think our plot's gone and done by know, however.)

Yes, a poodle! Don't insult them. Fine, what other dog breed would you prefer?

It was quite a bit deeper than The Hobbit. I'm not sure what makes a book deep or not, but LotR certainly is deep. So, uh, how did you enjoy the Counsel of Elrond?

Ditto.
Haha! The Council of Elrond...that's when I put the book down and decided to watch the movie instead. :P I couldn't even follow half what they were saying, and nearly fell asleep trying to. I soon came back to finish FotR, and skipped a good bit of The Council...

Thinking sinisterly is as bad as acting on it. And I think you do act sinisterly. Remember that box that Jojo got trapped in?
Humph. If you like sheep so much, why are you so against LL and Jojo watching sheep in France?

True, true, there wasn't a truer word.
Now, now! I didn't put Jojo in the box. She willingly got in. Ask her when she comes. ;] She got in with our promise of giving her every luxury she wanted.
Because they think that we are evil, and want to hurt them... and they're in cagnito. (Although, I like the sheep part of their adventures in Frace. Sheep are so cute.)

Suuure, suuuuuuuuure!
Fine, then.

Yees, yeeeeeeeeeess!
I guess we're not in busniss together then, Ex-spy? :( :p

To tell you the truth, that's actually a pretty accurate description (except, you can't for solids for 24 hours, not you can't eat anything for 4 days). However, it's really not as bad as it sounds. You get used to the braces very quickly, and it gets to where you don't even realize you have them. Seriously!

Oh goodness, it is? =S For one thing, I will never, ever get braces. . .
Ohh, okay. Well, I'll just hope I don't need them. If I do, I'll pray with all that's in me that I can get Invisiline or something.

Conga-rats on being the first catchup-er!

@ Bella. *Hmm.... an Irish Wolf Hound? Now that might actually work.*
Good. It did take me aback when I first read it, though.

Hah, I knew you'd buy the Irish Wolf Hound. One stepped on my toe once...needless to say, that was a painful experience.
Haha!

Eh, I heard you were making pasta yesterday. How'd that go? :p Did it taste good? =D

Oh, I hope you get to go! That would be cool.
Guess what?! Toby Mac is coming somewhere near me. I'm not sure, but if he does, then I'll be there.
I really hope I can someday.
Ahh...., okay. Well... then.. you're very sweet!

Thanks! Yeah, it would be pretty awesome. I'm wondering what I should ask them to sign for me..maybe a T-shirt.
=O Really? Lucky! I hope you can go to that, then. I really want to go to his concert. I'll check on some sites to see if he's coming anywhere near in IL. I dearly hope he is.
Ditto.
Ahaha! Likewise. ;)

Oh, dear. All those good-bye Old TownSquare/Narniaweb posts do make me feel a bit sad! :'( But, I'm adjusting slowly.

Well, good thing I'm done with most of my ketchup.
*waves to everyone about*

((Sorry about colouring the whole post in this colour--I'll fix that and make it better in my next post.))

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:27 am
Narnia Girl
(@narnia-girl)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Mortereve all!

Bella, I'm too lazy to do a ketchup from the old forum. I don't think I had anything to ketchup on from the old forum, actually.

But here's ketchup for the new forum. :D

CS, have you ever met a NWebber in real life?

Chocolate frosting. Whipped cream. Choclate cake. They're all good, Bella! :D

nn! Good to see you in the Town Square. How's life treating you?

I finishe lunch about a half hour ago. Um...other than that, nothing interesting has been going on today - besides the NW change! I love the new smilies. :D What do you guys think of them?

~Lucy

Founder of the Dragon Fan Club - PM me to join!
Team Hoodie!
I've met Michael English!
Avie and sig by theprincessspy.

Posted : September 4, 2009 6:52 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Heh, I didn't think I was but Aiden's catching up inspired me to catch up, and thankfully it didn't take long

I know the question was directed at CS, but yes, we've met a NWebber--Ericnovak. :)

Haha! Yes, all those sweets are delcious. But Ice-cream beats them all, right? ;]

How's your Friday been so far, NG? Have anything fun planned? =]

Yes, the new emoticons are really nice! Not all of them work for me, though. :/

Posted : September 4, 2009 7:07 am
NarniaNut95
(@narnianut95)
NarniaWeb Nut

Mortereve all!

P.S, Yahoo smilies are great!!! :) :D ;) :p

I personally am not too fond of the Yahoo smilies. I really liked the old ones. And I'm gonna miss them. However... since I couldn't bear to see the smilies go, I downloaded a few.

Lol, Aitb couldn't get someing to work on the Lappy, so she wuld work on mine, and sometimes the site would close down. :p It was pretty funny.

The Lappy? What does that mean? Laptop? Yeah, I remember her having to try certain things on your computer. What do you mean, the site would close down?

I thought I might plant a little tree of the old square. :) I call it the book tree. When it grows, books will be the "fruit" so to say, and you can pick them and read them.

An excellent idea!

Oops, I might have had something to do with making you think so. I assure you now, the mimers are trustworthy and innocent. Just who they say they are. All we want is some people in the miming box to perform for us.. (I think our plot's gone and done by know, however.)

Yes, a poodle! Don't insult them. Fine, what other dog breed would you prefer?

The mimers have done some very suspicious things, and things with which I want no part. :p

Ok, I won't insult poodles. Suffice it to say, that's one of my least favorite breeds of dogs. (No offense to any poodle-lovers, of course!) But, I'm not sure if I want a mimer's dog anyway.

Ditto.
Haha! The Council of Elrond...that's when I put the book down and decided to watch the movie instead. :P I couldn't even follow half what they were saying, and nearly fell asleep trying to. I soon came back to finish FotR, and skipped a good bit of The Council...

LOL! LotR fans around here would be disappointed in you to hear that you skipped the Council of Elrond. In fact, I know that's one of Aunty Jo's favorite parts.
I, on the other hand, did not skip the Council of Elrond, nor did I almost fall asleep, nor did I stop reading and watched the movie. I did, however, have trouble following everything, and I did wish that it would finish already!

True, true, there wasn't a truer word.
Now, now! I didn't put Jojo in the box. She willingly got in. Ask her when she comes. ;] She got in with our promise of giving her every luxury she wanted.
Because they think that we are evil, and want to hurt them... and they're in cagnito. (Although, I like the sheep part of their adventures in Frace. Sheep are so cute.)

Why, thank you!
Ah, but you told me that the purpose of the box was to trap people. You said those very words! I certainly will not associate with anyone that traps people!

Yees, yeeeeeeeeeess!
I guess we're not in busniss together then, Ex-spy? :( :p

I guess not, ex-evilmimer!

Oh goodness, it is? =S For one thing, I will never, ever get braces. . .
Ohh, okay. Well, I'll just hope I don't need them. If I do, I'll pray with all that's in me that I can get Invisiline or something.

Conga-rats on being the first catchup-er!

Take my word for it! Even though just about everything your friend said was true, it's really not as bad is it sounds! Honestly! Ask anybody who's had braces. There are times when they kill you like there's no tomorrow. But you get used to them.

Thanks!

*waves to Narnia Girl*

Heh, I didn't think I was but Aiden's catching up inspired me to catch up, and thankfully it didn't take long

I was also surprised at how little time it took. I almost didn't want to catch up, though, because looking at the old forum makes me want it back. :( Anyway, I'm glad I inspired you to do it! :)

I'm around for a while!

AvSig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.

Posted : September 4, 2009 7:13 am
Page 2 / 213
Share: