Notifications
Clear all

The Town Square II

Page 4 / 154
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

comes in singing "Mess Of Me" by Switchfoot

Miss Rosario: yes, it was fun :) I actually don't much like Barlow Girl and they were at Soulfest and I took the opportunity while they were playing to go take a shower because there was no line for showers :P *ducks to avoid the rotten tomatoes being thrown*

Ben: hi! long time no see! how are you? did you break any more cell phones? :P lol

I must dash!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 4:55 am
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

*Strides into square with a glass of chocolate maca milk (raw milk of course!) and sits under the chocolate tree to munch and sip*

Hello everyone! As I said, I would try to keep up with square better and here I am! Y'all proud of me? :p

Not much has been going on around here. My youngest sister, not Lady Grace but Lady Faith (who's not on the forum, but I will refer to her by that name) just had a birthday! We went and played Lazar Tag, and it was just about the worst Lazar Tag place I've ever been to... 8-| It was called "Lazar Barn", which I thought was a cheesy name to start with. It's too much like "Al's Toy Barn", also a cheesy name. ;)) What was also real gross about it was that instead of having those vests you wear with the battery pack on the back, you had to wear headbands with little bitty (by comparison) red plastic targets on them. Oh, and did I mention there was very little AC in the lazer tag area? So yes, we sweat badly... On the headbands... Just like the dozens of people before us... *gags a little*

*waves and grins to GtG*

Yes, LC, this place is indeed warm and welcoming, aside from being a bit crazy at times (in a very good way). I hope you can drop by more often. :)

Thank you! I'll certainly try to! :p

*snatches a few of the last leftover cookies and finds they have been magically turned Gluten Free*

Save for a video game I'm playing that would be relatively mundane, if it weren't about a girl who gets whisked to another world through her wardrobe (now where have I heard that before?), suddenly becomes a princess (that sounds somewhat familiar too), and has to learn how to dance and win the heart of one of six princes (well, that's a bit different).

Wow, that is an odd sounding game... :-

*waves vigorously to malkah* I'm still loving the picture of that dress!!! I made myself an iPod wallpaper out of it! :D So now I carry all that beauty in my pocket/purse!

*sends smiles and waves back at Dot, and snickers at the narrator's narrator*

Awesome!!! Conga-rats!! :D :D :D

I don't mind the pitter-patter of rain on the roof as long as it's not accompanied by hail, falling trees, and power outages.

lol Same here!

My great news for the week is a new laptop, which means I can relate to the internet very much faster, and there is none of the "turn on pc and wait 30 minutes for it to be working" that my old one has put me through.

New computer!!! *goes crazy for a moment with excitement then gains control again* Oh I love new computers!! Especially when the upgrade is that dramatic... I like Win7 real well, though I still get turned around sometimes. ;)) But I think it work real well. Much better then Vista, IMO.

*waves to Miss R*

*has become best friends with her air conditioner*

Ode to the Air Conditioner! (sung to the tune of Oh Christmas Tree)

Oh, Air Conditioner, oh Air Conditioner!
How lovely is your coolness!
I bask in your sweet freshness!

How cool and sweet! Your fresh breath is!
How loving and soft! You cool me off!

How lovely is your coolness!

:p Now that was awful...

*waves to Libby* Wow, that sounds like a blast!! Out of curiosity, was the VDT trailer on a big projector, or on little TVs sitting around?

First of all, I can't remember who was talking about Sanctus Real, but their "Pieces of a Real Heart" is really amazing. "Keep My Heart Alive," "Lead Me," and "Forgiven" are my favorites. And the acoustic versions of the last two are quite good too. :)

Oh I love that album too!!! We saw them in concert not too long ago. There was a pretty big free Christian concert very near where we live. Sadly, the only artist there we were interested in was Sanctus Real... But I LOVE "Lead Me" too!!! Such a wonderful song...

Ehhhh.... I don't like Justin Bieber. He just sounds like a girl to me. *shrug*

Ditto. ;))

*catches talk of Veggietales and smiles reminiscently, particularily at the silly songs* :p

"And now it's time for Silly Songs With Larry. The part of the show where Larry comes out and sings.......a silly song."

"Oh wheeeeere is my hairbrush? Oh wheeeeeere is my hairbrush? Oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh where oh wheeeeeeeeeeere- is my hairbrush?" :p *also loved/loves Veggietales*

ack! Just lost my whole post b/c of the power going out X( . Rewriting begins ...

Ugh.... I sympathize with you. Have you not got Lazarus?

EDIT: Post 3800!!! :p

Yay!!! Awful lotta posts there! :p

But don't get the game for that reason, lest you want to end up playing a princess who's learning how to dance and trying to win the heart of a prince. ;)

Doesn't sound that bad... ;)) But I haven't figured out yet if you like it or not. ;))

*cranes neck upwards at long post* I can't recall ever making a post this length on NW EVER! Except in a rp. Consider yourselves lucky. :p

*grabs a handful of truffles from the tree, mutters a surprised comment on the prolificacy and variety of the chocolate tree before popping a truffle in her mouth, grabs her empty glass, waves as best she can with hands full and exits right stage*

EDIT: *gasp* Libby!!! Don't much like BarlowGirl!!!!???? *faints and has to be carried away from the square by her narrator*

Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 5:14 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

Lady Courage: yes, it was fun! they showed the VotDT trailer on a huge screen at the main stage for all to see! the reaction? everyone clapped every time they showed it! :D
yeah, I just don't like Barlowgirl. sorry

I must dash!

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 5:31 am
stardf29
(@stardf29)
NarniaWeb Nut

But I haven't figured out yet if you like it or not.

Clearly, you don't know me well enough. :p Understandable, since you likely haven't had much chance to know me. So, let me list out some facts about myself:

- I love music, especially classical music.
- I love music video games (Rock Band, DDR, the like).
- I, of course, love Narnia, and as such have a bit of a soft spot for fantasy-esque series.
- I like introspecting into the nature of romantic relationships and have something of a soft spot for a good romantic story.
- I love things that are just ridiculously whacked-out, must-have-been-made-by-an-insane-person-level weird.

From that, I'll let you make your conclusion. ;)

"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 12:33 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

An ex-news-caster-announcer-wannabe strolls onto stage. Good evening (or whatever) today we have a special edition of the Ruby_Winter Hour of Utter Insanity! Today it seems that ValiantArcher and Meltintalle have hi-jacked, er, borrowed the show! Let's take a closer look!

*The Curtain rises*

*Valia and Mel are seen padlocking the door to a closet. Muffled shouts and thuds seem to be coming from inside*

"Isn't this exciting, Valia? I've always wanted to be famous, and now we're on our very own show!"

"Very exciting! Very kind of us to let Ruby and Winter borrow us for the show."

"Maybe we should explain to our viewing audience the circumstances that led to us hijacking... I mean, appearing! of course!... on the show?"

"Good idea, Mel! It's a long story, but the short of it is that I'm visiting you. I flew in on Monday--"

"Did you have any accidents?"

"Nope. My wings got me all the way here without any trouble."

"That's fantastic. I've always wanted a pair of wings myself, you know."

"Yeah, I had to borrow mine, but it's pretty good. A bit tiring, but I made it."

"Well, I guess that's good for an introduction. Now what should we do? Should we sing? Or dance? Or maybe we could eat some of the chocolate on the chocolate tree while we're here."

"I'd say go with the chocolate. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty bad at dancing and singing. Might kill the audience."

"I've heard that killing the audience is bad for ratings. So... let's not do that."

"Brilliant idea."

*they eat chocolate*

*they look up as a muffled thud sounds from off-stage*

"Did that sound like a door falling over to you?"

"Yes! Like... the closet door that was padlocked!"

*a wingless Inspiration Fairy appears on-stage*

"Uh-oh! I think we're in really big trouble now..."

"Run! Winter's fairy is after me for stealing borrowing her wings!"

*the Curtain Falls*

This ends today's edition of the Ruby_Winter hour of Utter Insanity. Tune in next time to hear Ruby say: "It was sure dark in that closet... I'm glad your fairy let us out, Winter." (Or not. After all, I just made that up. ;)) )

*credits roll*

WinterStar as herself
ValiantArcher as herself
Meltintalle as Mel and Ruby

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 1:57 pm
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

*enters licking lips from eating homemade mint chocolate chip ice cream in a gluten free cone*

yes, it was fun! they showed the VotDT trailer on a huge screen at the main stage for all to see! the reaction? everyone clapped every time they showed it! :D

Awesomeness!!! :D :D

yeah, I just don't like Barlowgirl. sorry

Oh no no no!!! Don't be sorry!! It's all personal preference. :D Here, to prove it, I'll say something to strike horror in your heart. :p I don't really care for Skillet. There. Now it's your turn to faint and be carried out by your narrator! :p

Seriously though, I was only teasing you. :D Everyone to their own preferences!

Clearly, you don't know me well enough. :p

:p I guess not... But don't worry, I learn fast. :p

.... From that, I'll let you make your conclusion. ;)

OK, I've made my conclusion. :p

This ends today's edition of the Ruby_Winter hour of Utter Insanity.

=)) =)) I hope we get another edition of that!! Wonderful, wonderful! On with the show!! :p

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 3:03 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

*enters*

(-| I'm tired. But today it's not from scraping (thankfully! :p )- just from chasing my younger siblings all over the house and around ;)) .

*waves to stardf29*

*giggles at the lastest Ruby-Winter Hour of Utter Insanity*

*Strides into square with a glass of chocolate maca milk (raw milk of course!) and sits under the chocolate tree to munch and sip*

oh lovely! I adore raw milk- can't even drink milk from the store anymore, it's tastes horrible now :p .

that lazer tag sounds like alot of fun /:) :p .

Ugh.... I sympathize with you. Have you not got Lazarus?

no I have not. I don't have Mozilla Firefox. I did, but then we changed computers. I might download it again sometime, and then I'll download Lazarus :p .

TTFN :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 4:38 pm
Benjamin
(@benjamin)
NarniaWeb Guru

*wanders into the square*

Well Hello my fellow Square Dwellers!

So after work today I hiked up a hill that had a ton of boulders! Huge boulders at least 45 feet tall! It was really fun!
I made a fire and sat around it and I had some wild raspberries that were growing close by, they were really good!

Alright catchup time!

*enjoys reading the time of Utter Insanity by Winter, Valiant and Mel*

it was hard :p . Any others though?

Oh I'm sure there are a ton more! If I would have just watched the seasons I could come up with a lot!

maaaaaybe ;))

That sounds like your are very very unsure.....

what trait is that? Being annoying or being RIGHT?

Being annoying and always thinking your right :P

yes, the copying and pasting took a while :p .

What I showed you in the PM only took me like five seconds!

no I don't! Who are you to boss me around X( ?! You make spelling mistakes too!

Who am I? My name be Benjamin :P
Ah I do indeed ;))

I will :)

;)) I'm sure I will bawl then :p .

Good :)

Well it will be a happy bawl :)

yay! You are right for the next million times! :D :p

;))

Ben: hi! long time no see! how are you? did you break any more cell phones? :P lol

I'm doing great! You?
No but I'm thinking about doing it on purpose ;) This one is really annoying! Haha

--Benjamin

Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 5:05 pm
narnianerd
(@assistant-lord-of-the-little-ponies)
NarniaWeb Guru

Rides into town square on his majesty pinto, Sarge. then waves to all before dismounting

Well I thought I'd make a post in the Town Square II so that I could say I had posted in all the Squares so far. :p

Let me catch you up on my life, its been forever since we've talked.

Well I've started football again, once again I am playing line and unfortunately and a whopping one hundred and thirty pounds, five foot six and a half a foot wide at my biggest.

(other than my head which doesn't count :p) I am officially the biggest guy on my team, the only advantage; I'm not expected to run as fast as some of the smaller guys .

I missed the first week of football for teen camp, with about three hundred of the best kids I had never met before from around our church district. Made awesome new friends with whom I shall be friends with for life, mostly because we shall only see each other three times a year, not nearly long enough for them to start hating me. :D

I also went to 2010 Creation Fest East with my cousins youth group, saw Toby Mac, Newsboys, Red, Casting Crowns, Tenth Avenue North and SKILLET, ROCK ON!! Live in concert along with many other awesome bands, it was amazing stuff, and the food there, AMAZING!

Plus I got to hang out with my cousins for a whole week, something I don't often get to do. The highlight of my week (other than riding the shuttle Bus around and around the entire campground singing the barney song) was when they played the Narnia preview on the big screens, at that point I forgot all my criticism and screamed my head off "GO NARNIA!!!!"

---

Ben don't break any more cell phones please, your wireless carrier along with your mother gets very angry with you. Trust me, I know from experiance. :D lol...

---

Drum roll please as I introduce a new section of Joe's Square posts... Famous and unknown bonanza quotes

"Hey, Joe, do you know the difference between a table and an ottoman?"
- Ben Cartwright
"Sure I do"
- Little Joe Cartwright
"Then take your feet off the table!"
- Ben Cartwright
"He'll never learn to do that"
- Hoss Cartwright

If you ain't first, you're last.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 5:30 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

First time I've been in here in ages. I think I recognize you all though. ;)) And not from sending testy mod PMs to you, which is always nice. ;)

I have less than two weeks of freedom left until school starts. :( I'm kind of excited and kind of not. I'll be a senior after this semester is over, which is nice. I'll also be done with my criminal justice minor, which is even nicer. It's just going to be a lot of work though.

Happened to click on PrinceCor's blog link while catching up and I now want the Eclipse score. I wonder if I should wear a disguise while buying it. I wouldn't want people to think I was buying it out of Twilight fandom. :P

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 5:45 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

*rubs her arms painfully*

just finished a rubber band fight with my sisters and our exchange student and man am I going to have some nice red welts tommorrow 8-| :p . I hope these don't scar, I don't think they will though b/c (thankfully!) I didn't bleed this time. Yeah last time my friends and I played with rubber bands I ended up with a nice white scar...this was two years ago /:) :p .

anyway, before the rubber band fight, we watched The Beauty and the Beast! Oh how I LOVE that movie . And of course I cried :p . The music and the ending and everything about it are so wonderful! Except the length- it felt waaay too short this time :( . But I suppose most good movies are like that :) .

catchup!

So after work today I hiked up a hill that had a ton of boulders! Huge boulders at least 45 feet tall! It was really fun!
I made a fire and sat around it and I had some wild raspberries that were growing close by, they were really good!

wow sounds like fun! :)

Oh I'm sure there are a ton more! If I would have just watched the seasons I could come up with a lot!

suuuuure you could 8-| :p

That sounds like your are very very unsure.....

only a little :p . I want to know...kinda...a little...maybe ;) . No I do, tell me! ;))

Being annoying and always thinking your right :P

no I think that's you :p .

What I showed you in the PM only took me like five seconds!

so you say /:) ;) .

Who am I? My name be Benjamin :P
Ah I do indeed ;))

I know you're name! I mean who do you think you are that you have authority over me?! X( :p

yes ;))

Good :)

Well it will be a happy bawl :)

;))

ok then ;)) . So is it a happy/sad ending?

;))

:)) you know you're admitting that it's never my fault and always yours by doing this, right? :p

No but I'm thinking about doing it on purpose ;) This one is really annoying! Haha

hey at least you have a cell phone! *is jealous* :p

*waves to narnianerd*

I think I recognize you all though. ;)) And not from sending testy mod PMs to you, which is always nice. ;)

I'm glad I haven't gotten one of those in a while :-s #:-s :p

Happened to click on PrinceCor's blog link while catching up and I now want the Eclipse score. I wonder if I should wear a disguise while buying it. I wouldn't want people to think I was buying it out of Twilight fandom. :P

ditto! I think I'll just get it from the library though...when there are no more holds...which means in a few months 8-| :p .

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 6:13 pm
Bookwyrm
(@bookwyrm)
NarniaWeb Guru

Considering past experiences with library materials, I'd wager by the time I got it from the library, the disc would be scratched to oblivion. They've probably had to replace their Twilight DVDs.

Oh, yeah my mod PMs have been known to cause grown men to collapse in little messy heaps and cry for their mommies all while sucking their thumbs and clutching their blankies. ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 10, 2010 6:29 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Considering past experiences with library materials, I'd wager by the time I got it from the library, the disc would be scratched to oblivion. They've probably had to replace their Twilight DVDs.

luckily, I've only gotten one CD that was scratched from my library. My library's pretty good at replacing stuff, although they don't get new things very often, unless it's something immensely popular. What I usually worry about it the amount of holds. I had to wait 4 months for Avatar and then the week we got it we were extremely busy and had to return it without watching it :| . The Eclipse soundtrack only has 7 holds though, with ever copy out. So I should have it in a month or so...

Oh, yeah my mod PMs have been known to cause grown men to collapse in little messy heaps and cry for their mommies all while sucking their thumbs and clutching their blankies. ;)

;)) you should see my reaction ;) .

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 11, 2010 7:40 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

comes in singing "Ode To Lord Stanley" by Hawk Nelson

Ben: I am doing good! if you didn't see my post on the previous page, I just came back from Soulfest (a Christian music festival) and it was awesome! they showed the VotDT (the first one) trailer on the huge screen at the main stage every night along with the Georgie Henley video found here http://www.operationnarnia.org !
haha, if it's bad maybe you should take another walk and throw it down a hole! =))

Ail: rubber band fight? ouch! been there done that with my old youth group! but the bast was the time when we had a Twizzler fight: we wipped each other with Twizzlers and it HURT! it also left everyone with red marks on their skin.....

I must dash!

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 11, 2010 8:46 am
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

*walks in carrying a sleepy little Italian Greyhound in her arms*

Hello everyone! Sorry I can't really wave very well, but I don't want to drop Pippin... :p

oh lovely! I adore raw milk- can't even drink milk from the store anymore, it's tastes horrible now :p .

lol Same here! That stuff ain't even milk anymore! :p

that lazer tag sounds like alot of fun /:) :p .

It was... Trust me... :p

no I have not. I don't have Mozilla Firefox. I did, but then we changed computers. I might download it again sometime, and then I'll download Lazarus :p .

They have it for other browsers too but if you've got IE... *shudders* I don't know if they have it for that. :p I'm a web designer, and as a web designer, I can't stand Internet Explorer!!! I would highly recommend to anyone using it changing to a different one! Firefox or Opera probably. The last few updates of Firefox have been pretty stinky I admit, freezing fairly often, but it does that. Goes through a stage of not being so hot, then being awesome.
However, even with the current stinkiness, FF still beats IE design wise.
[/lecture] :p Ok, sorry...

Oh wow Ben, that sounds fun!!! I love wild berries, and the hike sounds awesome!! :D We used to have dewberries growing on our place in Texas, but the goats ate the bushes. :( Goats love berry vines...

*giggles over the "argument" over Marion and her merits/lack thereof*

*waves hard to Joe and greatly enjoys the Bonanza quote*

I'll also be done with my criminal justice minor, which is even nicer.

I did not know you had a criminal justice minor, but it so totally fits you I nearly laughed aloud when I read you did... Consider me crazy if you like. ;))

Yeah, I bet... :p

*rubs her arms painfully*

just finished a rubber band fight with my sisters and our exchange student and man am I going to have some nice red welts tommorrow 8-| :p .

=)) Fun fun fun!!

Oh, y'all have to check this out!!

http://www.prpbooks.com/

Get that ebook and get it now! It isn't the very best book I've ever read, but it is pretty good fantasy! I really, really enjoyed it, and now it's free! At least for a little while...

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 11, 2010 11:13 am
Page 4 / 154
Share: