Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Featured Roleplay: Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters

Page 1 / 23
Madame Gosté
(@madame-goste)
Member Ditto Town Host

Welcome to one of Ditto Town's featured roleplays.

Here in Ditto Town, when one of ze stories in ze Town Fountain becomes popular enough, I give them their own thread, to keep things neater and more organized. Moi, I’m proud to feature some of Ditto Town's best roleplays.

If vous would like to join any of these roleplays, please PM ze creator first.

Please follow zese guidelines in your posts:

• Please keep all posts rated “G” or “PG” for ze sake of our younger members.
    • Cooperate with ze plotter, as they basically have ze final word for ze storyline.
    • Please try to make your posts longer than 10 words and shorter than 600 words. If vous want to chat (“I’m at work today. How are vous?”) instead of role-play (“Chedder ze Chipmunk flings himself from branch to branch, looking for his lost thimble.”), please go to ze Cup & Platter Chatroom.
    • All role play characters should be characters vous have invented yourself, not stolen from ze other authors. Vous can use names created by others, but zey must be different characters. Vous can use your characters from ze Ditto Story and Fountain, or ones made up just for this thread. Vous can post a biography of your characters in ze Ditto Town Post Office. [/list164f6kxh]

S’amuser!
    Madame Gosté
    Ditto Town Host

DT Featured roleplays presents:
    Vayond:
    The Shadowed Hunters

created by:
    lover of narnia

written by:
    Bother Eustace, Chloe Mairead, eustacegirl, Ithilwen, Warrior of Narnia, Reepissweet, Lady Courage, Lady Grace, and pickle

Description:
    Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters is a Role play set on an alternate planet apart from Ditto Town. It's a fantasy world with all it's own unique features and characters. The Plot centers around a band of heroes who had evaded death by the hands of a mysterious band of ruthless men, called The Hunters, and our now trying to find their destinies. All isn't right though else where in Vayond, because behind the Vayondian King's facade of kindness is a heart of stone and devious plans. None of the people know of his treachery though, nor do they even barely know of the existence of The Hunters. This is the story....this is Vayond.....

Vous can read Vayond: The Shadowed Hunters from the beginning here.

Topic starter Posted : January 12, 2011 3:11 pm
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Micah stood as the woman announced that it was time to go, more than willing to begin the rescue of his friends. "Then lets move," he replied quickly, motioning for both Telwyn and the bandit to exit the cave.

"Hold on," Micah said, stopping short. "You haven't mentioned your name yet. If you're going to help me rescue my companions, I think I should know your name."

Evewen walked toward her horse and mounted in one swift move. She turned the horse to face Micah and Telwyn. "Evewen. My name is Evewen."

"And yours is?" She asked, as her horse pawed the ground.

"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up

Posted : January 12, 2011 3:28 pm
Lady Courage
(@lady-courage)
NarniaWeb Guru

Telwyn had risen when the stranger said it was time to go and she stretched and muttered "Finally..." then dusted herself off. She was still dusting when Micah motioned to her and she stopped to obey.

Outside of the cave, she listened to the stranger introduce herself. "Nice name," she commented with a grin that held no mockery as she finished dusting herself off. "Mine's Telwyn." She straightened her cloak then looked at Evewen curiously. "Evewen, Isla- your parents must be interesting people to pick names like that."

((OOC: WEEEEEEE!!!! Who requested this?! I'm so happy!! :D ))

Sig by me | Av by Ithilwen
There is no such thing as a Painless Lesson

Posted : January 12, 2011 3:39 pm
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Micah took note of her name, and nodded. "I'm Micah," he answered, a bit awkwardly; it seemed strange exchanging pleasantries with a thief. "Do you have any specific plans on how we are to do this, Evewen?"

-------

Tristan was one of the last bandits awake who was not on guard duty, as he strolled through the camp one last time before retiring. The camp was mostly quiet; only the sound of nocturnal insects and the murmur of the wind could be heard. As Tristan passed the pit, he casually glanced in it's direction, to make sure Groban and Reuel were awake and standing guard. Satisfied that they were doing their job, he continued on his way and entered his tent, anxious to get some rest.

"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia

Posted : January 12, 2011 3:43 pm
lover of narnia
(@lover-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

~A few hours before~

Quill felt quite satisfied with herself when Sephora informed her she would be given a full night of rest. "Thank you Sephora" she whispered to their leader, inclining her head to her. As the other bandits began to retire for the night, she too found herself over taken by a yawn. It's time for bed....and maybe tonight I shall get a full nights rest without all of Evewen's snoring

She slipped away from the waning fire, and entered the tent she shared with the other lady thief. She changed quickly from her tattered and cold costume, back to her normal attire. Then, curled up upon them and fell slowly asleep.

~A few hours later~

Quill found herself startling awake half way through the night, due to the fact she usually went on guard duty around this time. She chuckled at herself, and pulled a blanket up closer around her shoulders, trying her best to fall back into a slumber.

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6

Posted : January 13, 2011 6:22 am
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Isla finished off her second cup of tea. Tabitha had welcomed Falcon and Isla into her home for the night. Tabitha and Falcon had gone to sleep well over an hour ago, but Isla couldn't find rest for her eyes. Her mind was running in a million directions at once and it was enough to make her dizzy.

But the more she thought, the more she remembered.

~~~

"My camp is directly east from here." Evewen pointed in the direction she spoke of. She kicked her horse lightly and he started off at a light trot.

As she trotted along, she knew how easily she could get away, but the ring kept her horse pointed toward her camp. When she got to the outer perimeter of her camp, she dismounted and quieted the horse. She looked at Micah and motioned for him to come forward.

"Your friends are over there." Evewen motioned toward the wooden grate. Two guards stood watch: Groban and Reuel. Evewen took a few moments to gather her thoughts and create a plan.

Finally, she looked up at Micah. "Circle around and wait until I tell you to come out. I may need your help knocking one of them out." She smiled slightly for the first time that night."

As Micah walked off, Evewen looked at Telwyn. "Just wait here."

Evewen circled around until she exited the forest by the tents.

"No one's ever burned you, nothing's ever left you scarred and even though you want to, just try to never grow up." -Taylor Swift, Never Grow Up

Posted : January 13, 2011 6:34 am
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

A moment of hesitation came upon Micah, as he considered for a final time what he was doing: trusting a thief. He searched her eyes, knowing that she may still be able to betray him, alert the camp, and have him captured. However, in the way she spoke about the ring earlier, he had been able to sense her deep desire for it, and he could tell it wasn't something she wanted to share with her clan.

He finally decided he was willing to trust his instinct, and wager his safety that she would continue with the plan. He nodded resolutely. "Alright, just signal when you need me." He adjusted the strap of his scabbard where it hung on his shoulder, and then moved silently through the woods to work his way around. He steeled his resolve and prepared for anything; if something did go wrong, he may have to fight his way out alone.

"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Posted : January 13, 2011 6:51 am
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen ran a hand through her hair and approached the two guards. They were arguing over something petty, but immediately shut their mouths when they saw her coming.

"Groban, my mother said I am to relieve you of night guard duties. You may retire to your tent." Evewen said, motioning toward the sleeping camp. She took Groban's spot and watched as he walked past the fire and into a tent.

Beside her, Reuel yawned.

"Tired?" Evewen asked, looking at the man.

"A tad." He replied.

"You know, my mother would have your head if she found out you fell asleep during watch." Evewen said, "Just a warning."

"Oh, I know..." Reuel stretched.

A few minutes of silence passed between them, but suddenly, Evewen stood and turned. "Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?" The man asked, looking behind him.

"I heard something in the woods. Maybe you should go scare it off." Evewen looked at him, her dark eyes imploring as she feigned fright.

Reuel straightened and walked toward the woods behind the pit and said, "Alright. It's probably nothing, though."

Evewen smiled and hoped Micah was in position. She knew it would be much easier to bring the prey to the predator.

Posted : January 13, 2011 7:06 am
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Micah saw Evewen's tactic from his position in the woods; the other guard was now heading toward him. He was a small man, quite a bit skinnier and lighter than Micah, so he knew he should have no problem taking him; the only catch was to do it silently.

Micah hid quickly behind a large tree, and remained completely still. Soon he heard the crunch of underbrush as the thief approached his position.

"I don't hear anything over here," the thief muttered to himself as he pressed a bit deeper. Finally, he passed Micah's hiding spot by a few feet and stopped, standing with his back toward him, arms set akimbo with hands on his hips. He searched the woods for a few brief moments. "Nothin' at all. The girl's afraid of the dark, is all."

Micah lunged forward and locked his arm around the thief's neck. The thief coughed and grabbed at the muscled arm now pressing hard against his throat, but he couldn't make a sound. "Perhaps you should fear the dark more yourself," Micah whispered as his victim struggled unsuccessfully like a fish in a net. Finally, the lack of oxygen caused the man to pass out and fall limp. Micah set his unconscious body down lightly, knowing the thief wouldn't awake any time soon. "Sweet dreams."

Micah left the woods and cautiously approached the pit, where Evewen was. He grinned and whispered, "So far, so good." He drew his sword, slashed the leather bonds that were holding the wooden door above the pit shut, swung it open, and dropped inside, happy to see that his friends were indeed all there. "Anyone ready for a rescue?"

Posted : January 13, 2011 7:23 am
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen dropped a rope ladder down once Micah lifted the heavy door. She stayed put while Micah jumped down into the pit, unceremoniously waking everyone inside.

However, her eyes trailed to Tristan's tent, between the one she shared with Quill and her mother's. Their possessions...

~~~

Shyanne's eyelids snapped open and she almost screamed, but fear stopped her short. She looked up, tilted her head, trying to figure out who had jumped into the pit. The figure moved and she finally caught a glimpse of his handsome face in the moonlight.

"Micah!" She jumped up, wrapped her arms around him and said, "I knew you would come."

Posted : January 13, 2011 10:50 am
lover of narnia
(@lover-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Susanne awoke with a start, hearing the slam of boots on dirt and a voice, both of which pierced through her sleep. Her eyes quickly snapped open and she scrambled backward seeing the figure standing among them, shrouded in shadow. She, though, like Shyanne, caught a glimpse of the man and realized who it was. A wide and tired smile spread across her features as she stood, saying his name quietly "Micah!"

She was very happy to see him, very happy indeed. She had trusted in her heart he would come, but unlike Shyanne had not voiced this hope. "You came...." she whispered with a sigh

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6

Posted : January 13, 2011 11:56 am
Bother Eustace
(@bother-eustace)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Micah was momentarily surprised by Shyanne's sudden embrace, but he could tell that she had been very distraught by the predicament she was in. No wonder; any young woman brought up in the comfort of a lord's manor would be. "Of course I'm back. I wouldn't leave all of you here, not if I could help it."

Susanne awoke next, and she was also happy to see him. Micah gave her a reassuring smile, glad she was alright. Then he took note of the others, who were all waking and realizing what was happening. "I'm sorry it took me so long, friends. We have to get out as quickly as possible. We need to move quietly; these bandits may be light sleepers." He motioned to the rope ladder, and stood ready to provide any needed help as they escaped.

Posted : January 13, 2011 12:51 pm
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

Edmund was excited to see Micah had finally come to rescue him. He quickly climbed up the rope ladder, waiting for any one who needed help once they got closer to up.

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : January 13, 2011 1:15 pm
Chloë Máiréad
(@chloe-mairead)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Evewen took a step back as they started to climb up. She made frequent glances toward her camp, hoping everyone would remain sleeping.

~~~

With the help of Micah and Edmund, Shyanne went up the ladder and stood outside the pit. Relief flooded through her until she saw Evewen. She clearly recognized the thief from earlier. Her eyes widened and she took a step back.

"It's alright." Evewen said. "If it wasn't for me, you'd still be in the pit."

Shyanne held a hand to her heart and nodded. She waited for the others to climb out.

Posted : January 13, 2011 1:37 pm
Warrior Of Narnia
(@warrior-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

Jarien snapped awake at the sounds off Micah entering. His first instinct was to throw himself at the intruder, so he bolted upright, and took a step forward, then realized who it was. He smiled and let out a breath, bending to wake Adi.

His girlfriend stood and rubbed sleep from her eyes, wondering what was going on. Jarien told her to stay quiet, that Micah had come, and a smile lit her face, "good... let's go."

Jarien came over to Micah and patted him on the shoulder, "I'm not sure that i've been this glad to see anyone in a long time..."

"We are Spartans... impossible is what we do."

NW Family:
Daughter - Elanor
Sisters - LON (RL), Chloe, Rosie
Aunt - Violetfirecrazed
Niece - georgiefan1

Posted : January 13, 2011 1:42 pm
Page 1 / 23
Share: