Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Lady of the Green Kirtle

Page 9 / 12
PollyP
(@pollyp)
NarniaWeb Regular

Lu Vailent siad - How could she ride in bear feet . The point strikes me that if she was riding side saddle you wouldn't see her feet anyway. Providing the dress was long enough. :) (-|

Do not dare not to dare.-Aslan

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2011 12:23 am
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

Bare feet would be silent too, the magician in VofDT walks about in bare feet making "No more noise than a cat" in other words no noise at all.

I've done a couple of sketches I'll scan them in later, I don't know what Lewis thought of as "scrumptious" but the first dress is certainly as lovely as I could make something that was all green, I hope you like them.

Comfort child we are between the paws of the true Aslan.- King Tirian

If this is the real world the the play world a great deal better- Puddleglum

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2011 1:11 am
Group Hug
(@group-hug)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Well as of shoes, I am not oposed to her wearing heels. As horses tend to be tall she'll need alittle boost of help to get in to the saddle. But I cannot see her in high heels.

Her boots could be green, gold, or blue. Haha a snake has many scales, they are all simular; but no two scales are exactly alike, giving many options for color. I kinda of think the style should be celtic or celtic influenced. :)
I'm going to draw another dress. I'll post it when I'm done!!!

Maybe we're incorretly labeled :S
"It's what you do with the time thats given to you." -Gandalf

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2011 6:27 am
Narnian_Dreamer
(@narnian_dreamer)
NarniaWeb Regular

I'm sorry my drawing has been taking so long! Ive finally finished it now ( well almost) I havent coloured it yet but I will as soon as possible! Here is the link to the sketch!

/
/

Ill colour it sometime soon! Sorry Lucy of Narnia! :( :((

~ N.Dreamer <3

Sig/Avatar made by the awesome opposom Eustace+Jill!! :)
Check the gate, Watch yourself! Check the gate, show m' what ya got! And check! :) Love it Skandar and Georgie!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2011 10:38 am
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

Gorgeous Narnian Dreamer! I'm sorry I haven't scanned my pictures yet but my 1st dress looked really like that her hair and everything are really similar. I had it down dressed with green ribbons and a thin (see through) garment,light green and the same shape as yours over a thin(body tight) garment in an emerald-y green.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 23, 2011 6:50 pm
Lucy of Narnia
(@lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

Very beautiful, Narnian_Dreamer!

Lu :)

Avy by me, siggy by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
You suck a lollipop, and you sing a song. Get it right, Jo!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 26, 2011 11:41 am
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

This is for reference but I'm adding a link to wikipedia's article on kirtles:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirtle

made by katherine

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2011 12:22 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Group Hug, so her boots would be irredescent, like a snake skin? That could work well but I don't think books would suit her. If she has to wear anything, heavy-duty but feminine (Romanesque) sandals would work well.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 28, 2011 1:04 pm
Group Hug
(@group-hug)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Yes, that is true also. :) But her feet need to be protected from the horses hooves, then agian she would probably have charmed her feet or the horse to not hurt her. Well, I think she would have a style influenced by celtic, roman styles, and maybe some Asian style as well (since she turns into a snake). She is the Queen of the Underworld so her style would be sorta earthy, but she doesn't want to tell everybody she is. :)

Maybe we're incorretly labeled :S
"It's what you do with the time thats given to you." -Gandalf

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 2, 2011 4:41 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

I really like the pictures second and sixth pictures posted by aravis_tarkina, and the one posted by perfect_jill_pole. Here is a dress I drew. I hadn't read Lucy of Narnia's description before I drew it, But it looks incredibly like #1. If I get a chance I might try the others.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2011 10:13 am
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

The Lady Arwen Undómiel, I love that dress! It looks beautifully done! It encompasses a lot of everyone's ideas.

made by katherine

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 7, 2011 11:37 pm
Jill
 Jill
(@jill)
NarniaWeb Nut

The Lady Arwen Undomiel, That is incredible, it's gorgeous, it's magnificent, it's perfect! I love it, please costume designers look at this page and make the dress like this!

I would never of thought of LofGK with red hair but know I've seen it I think it would be very lovely.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2011 8:12 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Lady Arwen Undomiel You drew LOGK 100% how I imagined her. I love the dress, the green is exactly the right color for her, I love her hair style and color. I wouldn't be surprised if the LOGK looks like this in the film because this is what she should look like! ;)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2011 4:59 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

I finally finished LoTGK in her riding dress. I was unable to make it as detailed as I would like. The dress, I imagined as being heavily embroidered and after I finished her hair I decided it was too simple. She is riding sidesaddle with her dress spread out behind her.
To anyone who knows about horses, please forgive my first attempt at drawing one. I used my brother's horse coloring book as a guide. /

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2011 7:10 am
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

The former picture you drew is very good. I especially like her hair but I think she's a could have a more hair at the front (she's a bit bald as is). The second picture isn't bad, she's just not all that feminine any more. She needs more of a neck and the horse is a bit compacted. Also, this one is a personal preference, but I never pictured her as having her neck covered. The Lady is meant to be sensual and that's rather conservative.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 12, 2011 1:54 pm
Page 9 / 12
Share: