(@wicked-swann)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 19, 2009 10:56 am
KJane
(@kjane)
NarniaWeb Regular

Here is a picture of the red velvet bag I sewed for King Peter's sword. I hope everyone enjoys it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2009 7:45 pm
Lu_valient
(@lu_valient)
NarniaWeb Nut

that is really cool

made by katherine

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 1, 2009 2:07 am
narnia_lover127
(@narnia_lover127)
NarniaWeb Nut

i finally got my dad to take a few pics of the dress i finished. i made Susan's green archery dress from the first movie. i know it's not perfect, but i'm pretty happy since it's the first big thing that i've made and i don't have a sewing machine.

Also, my dad said i could post the pictures as long as my face didn't show, sho that is what is up with the smily face

or have you forgotten who really defeated the White Witch,Peter~Lucy

Avvie,sig:me!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 23, 2009 12:48 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

You sewed the dress by hand, narnia_lover127? It came out very nicely! I particularly admire the hemline. :)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 24, 2009 3:45 am
TheGentleWarrior
(@thegentlewarrior)
NarniaWeb Guru

Wow, that's a beautiful dress, narnia_lover127!! I agree with Meltintalle, it came out very nicely! :) Great work!

Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 28, 2009 12:26 pm
Anonymous
(@anonymous)

Wow.. Glad to see people haven't given up costume making.. the pics are great.. :)

as for me, I just ordered a long, blonde wig online for my jadis(white witch) cosplay costumes and it should be here next week sometime.. I'll be sure to upload the pic galleries of my white witch costumes when I re-take photos of them.. they should come out looking very nice.. ^^

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2009 2:48 am
narnia_lover127
(@narnia_lover127)
NarniaWeb Nut

wow, thank you so much.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2009 8:02 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

So, here is a picture of my latest Narnian project:

And, if you're interested in reading about how I made it, you can go here. :)

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2009 4:20 am
narnia_lover127
(@narnia_lover127)
NarniaWeb Nut

That is cool Meltintalle! totally Narnianish but can be used anywhere!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2009 1:11 pm
QueenSusanJ316
(@queensusanj316)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hello,
I have made several Narnian costumes with my mom which include Susan's green archery dress, her cape that goes with it, Susan's play clothes, Susan's hide and seek outfit, Susan's school outfit from Prince Caspian, her purple dress, her castle raid outfit, and her battle outfit. I also made a trial coronation gown in blue and red. I am now looking for some material for her coronation gown and any suggestions about making it. Oh yes, I also am working on the sandals for her green dress. As you can probably tell I am crazy about Narnia :) , I even molded and painted her quiver, made her crown, satchel, and belt for the green dress, and bought the horn. If anyone could help me with any suggestions about her coronation dress from The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe that would be great!

PM me if you would like be part of a Lion Party in the state of New York!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 13, 2010 2:03 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I feel almost silly compaired to ya'll! I can do sewing (a.k.a. mending) but I don't really know how to work a sewing machine! when I make costumes, I always (not because I really have to) use what I have in the house. I made Lucy's PC out fit (the red dress). here's what I did. I found a shirt that I had with bell sleaves that was red. for the bodice, I found a sleave-less shirt that had a pale green and white design on it. I found a green-ish blue-ish skirt for the first layer. then I took a long red skirt and cut it all the way to the waistband. I put the green/blue skirt on and put the red skirt on top of that one. the cut I had made in the red skirt showed the blue/green skirt underneath.then I put the red bell sleaved shirt on and the green/white patterned sleave-less top over that. that may not sound like much of a costume, but ask Glenstorm The Great ( she saw me in the outfit): I looked a lot like Lucy!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2010 5:09 am
Alice_WL
(@alice_wl)
NarniaWeb Regular

Certainly sounds interesting for a costume.. ^^

I certainly don't have the money for expensive fabrics and such, so I make my costumes out of sheets or store bought clothing.. easily done.. ^^

I was actually planning (sometime this coming Spring) on making Lucy's LWW camp dress from a long sleeved, blue shirt and skirt I had, and using a red sheet to make the cloak and belt..

I have the cordial bottle already.. and pretty much the hair cut.. but I need to wait for the weather to warm up some.. maybe around late February to early March?.. Oh, and I have a long sleeved, white shirt to wear up under the blue shirt.. though the sleeves of my blue shirt aren't the same as Lucy's dress, but that's not too much of a big deal for me..

Fun. ..and hopefully I can take pics of my white witch (turkish delight scene) costume with my wig I'm making soon.. I took pics of my frost covered yard a few mornings ago and I'm gonna paste myself into them, wearing the turkish delight dress.. they should look nice.. can't wait.. ^^

"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2010 12:03 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

I am in the works (even though it's 11 months before the VotDT release date) of making a Lucy out fit for VotDT! this one is the easiest out fit I have done so far because: I found a pair of blue-ish/green-ish sweat pants and they are a bit big on me, so they work perfectly! then, I found a white colared shirt and a brown v-neck sweater. I put on the pants and the shirt, turned up the colar of the shirt and put on the sweater. I showed my mom and she loved it! I am now looking for some sort of vest to complete the out fit.....

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 17, 2010 2:00 pm
Alice_WL
(@alice_wl)
NarniaWeb Regular

Hey all..

well, I recieved 2 black sheets today so now I can make jadis's stone table dress.. ^^ and yes, I figured out a way to make the bird wing on her shoulder.. It will involve black material, safety pins and some pipe cleaner wire (aka fuzzy craft wire, as some call it.. ^^) and I'm using my blond yarn wig for this one.. I don't want any store/website bought wig - they're uncomfortable, don't look very good on me, and their uncomfortableness takes all the fun out of wearing the costume..

and I also finished the blue cloak for my charn dress yesterday.. I'm gonna wear my brown wig for this one to give some difference between jadis's hair in charn and her hair in Narnia at the time of LWW.. I'll update with progress and up load pics when I take them.. ^^ c ya 4 now.. :)

"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 27, 2010 2:08 am
Page 2 / 6
Share: