Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Lucy-Georgie Henley

Page 3 / 18
Elanor
(@elanor)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I also really liked Lucy's personality, and Georgie did such a great job on it. I think Gael looking up to her really helped to show that she was growing up and maturing. And she did a great job being unsure of herself. I love the beginning . . . :)

NW sisters Lyn, Lia, and Rose
RL sister Destined_to_Reign
Member of the Tenth Avenue North and Pixar Club
Dubbed The Ally Of Epic Awesomeness by Libby

Posted : December 16, 2010 6:35 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Saw the movie again tonight. Something I didn't comment before was Lucy the fighter. We saw her fight in this movie. I thought it was a nice way of showing how she had grown up into the queen she was at the same age in Narnia as well as being an older teen on her way to adulthood willing to fight for what she believed in. Yet she never lost the part that makes her Lucy.

Posted : December 18, 2010 4:54 pm
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Lucy was brilliant! Georgie did a great job as usual, and I didn't notice any acting of hers that made me cringe. When she was crying after seeing what the beauty spell had done, I remember feeling slightly emotional, just because what Lucy learns is something that I learn often. And I also felt emotional when she was crying at Aslan's Country. Her actions and the way she treats others (like Eustace, Edmund, and Gael) was very touching, and her stunts were very devine. Two thumbs up for Georgie and Lucy! ;)

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : December 18, 2010 5:15 pm
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

the ONLY line that made me cringe was "have you found yourself a queen in those 3 years?" I hate that line, I DO love her expression and how she gets upset when Caspian says "nothing compareable to your Susan", it was really good, if you keep an eye out for her during that scene!

NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!

Posted : December 30, 2010 2:21 pm
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

The one part that I think that Georgie didn't do as well as she could've was the transporting-to-narnia scene. "Edmund, the painting!" was really... not as emotional as I think it would be realistically. But otherwise, Georgie was WONDERFUL.

Posted : December 31, 2010 7:20 pm
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

I thought Georgie turned in a very solid performance. I really didn't see or hear anything I thought was amiss.

So glad Andrew Adamson selected her and we've been able to see her as Lucy grow up and mature in Narnia. :) Thank you Georgie for bringing Lucy to life on the big screen.

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

Posted : January 4, 2011 8:04 am
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

*moving the conversation from the old Georgie thread to this one*

yes like I said Georgie was absolutely great as Jane!!! and I agree with everyone else when they say the casting is some of the best things that happened to the Narnia series :)

Posted : January 5, 2011 8:37 am
dreamerr
(@dreamerr)
NarniaWeb Regular

*moving the comversation fromt he old Georgie thread to this one*

yes like I said Georgie was absolutely great as Jane!!! and I agree with everyone else when they say the casting is some of the best things that happened to the Narnia series :)

yes!!! I watched the first episode Georgie was in, and she was fantastic!! can't wait to watch the rest :)

oh written in the stars a million miles away

Posted : January 5, 2011 12:01 pm
Mariz_leo11
(@mariz_leo11)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Georgie was amazing in this movie, I don't see any problem with it and of course she and her character have gone through that stage where her voice changes she's grown !!

I THINK SHE WAS BRILLIANT !

Posted : January 8, 2011 2:53 pm
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

Georgie did do very good, in all of the Narnia movies @ Marianneinfante!!!

and when Georgie was in Jane Eyre, the most recent time I watched it, her preformance was so powerful I cried, and it takes alot to make me cry in movies!

Posted : January 8, 2011 3:38 pm
Turkish Delight
(@turkish-delight)
NarniaWeb Regular

I agree with you. I think she played her roll very well. She is one of my favorit characters in this move.

Posted : January 9, 2011 6:58 am
Lillian
(@lillian)
NarniaWeb Guru

the ONLY line that made me cringe was "have you found yourself a queen in those 3 years?"

I agree! I don't really know why they had to put that in there. But, I can't really say that it was Georgie's fault. I think (as usual) that she did a great job playing Lucy in VDT. She is a great actress! :)

Avatar and Signature by lover of narnia Thank you!

Posted : January 11, 2011 9:26 am
georgiefan1
(@georgiefan1)
NarniaWeb Guru

yes it definitally wasnt her fault, the screenwriters....grr :p

Posted : January 11, 2011 10:41 am
Turkish Delight
(@turkish-delight)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think that that was put in there to set up the story line for SC caused by the fact that caspien marries the stars daughter. But also Georgie Henley was great! I loved how she showed her maturitey level, but I have to say wanting to be like Susan was a little overdoing.

Posted : January 11, 2011 1:08 pm
Kat
 Kat
(@kat)
NarniaWeb Regular

New pictures of Georgie on the runway today in Florence, Italy at Alberta Ferretti's fashion show and she looks beautiful.

She looks fresh-faced & stunning in the higher quality images, but they are unfortunately watermarked, so see links below.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5

There's also a YouTube video. Georgie shows up @ 3:07 and 11:15. She also makes an appearance for a couple more group shots after 11:15.

Posted : January 11, 2011 2:51 pm
Page 3 / 18
Share: