Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Eustace - Will Poulter

Page 4 / 13
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Yeah I think choice awards are more about popularity and looks than acting. Do they have actual kids' awards for upcoming new young kid actors? Too bad they don't have a Golden Globe for best newcoming kid actors, because he'd definitely win it for the acting.

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : December 12, 2010 5:23 pm
eustacegirl
(@eustacegirl)
NarniaWeb Guru

Poulter is kind of cute. So, I'm sure he will if Skandar doesn't. I hope he or skandar wins for best acting.

My book on Amazon Kindle
http://www.amazon.com/Crowded-Deep-Rive ... 572&sr=8-1

Posted : December 13, 2010 2:00 am
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Skandar acted his parts well enough, but the script was so lame the entire movie there was nothing that he could really stand out with, Unlike Will's dialogue which was perfect.

Posted : December 13, 2010 2:03 am
Rhindon1967
(@rhindon1967)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I agree that Will did a great job. I think part of why they did what they did with the dragon part (making it longer and Eustace helping fight off the sea serpent) was to really sell the character to carry the next film, if they make it.

Posted : December 13, 2010 9:26 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Will Poulter completely blew it out of the water, in my opinion. I was expecting good, having seen him in Son of Rambow, but he was even better then I expected---which is saying a lot. He can ACT. He brought an originaitly and spunkiness to the character...instead of just being a one-sided brat, or a completely comedic brat. He definetly was the character with the most depth, and Will definetly had the most skill out of any of the actors/actresses there, even though he was one of the youngest.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Posted : December 13, 2010 4:23 pm
pickle
(@pickle)
NarniaWeb Nut

I think he was simply FANTASTIC.
I just think he did the part really really well. He was able to convey both the bratty Eustace AND the changed Eustace very clearly.

10000000000000000000000000 thumbs up!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

Proud supporter of Blarghefur!

thanks for the avy and sig, Eustace+Jill!

Posted : December 13, 2010 4:53 pm
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

My best friend and I loved Will as Eustace. :) His voice was funny and was a bonus to his character. He portrayed good with being Eustace and I hope he will be back for the next Chronicles!

"Two sides of the same coin"

Posted : December 16, 2010 4:12 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Noticing the details of his performance a lot more with a second viewing.

Observed more his fighting with the last sword (a la what he did with Reep at the beginning as training preparation-good foreshadowing). And appreciated the fact again that he was really good at being bad and the sarcasm and critical disdain in the delivery of his bratty dialogue.

Posted : December 18, 2010 11:57 am
Shastafan
(@shastafan)
NarniaWeb Guru

I remember two years and a half ago when I first read that Will Poulter would be playing Eustace. Even if I hadn't seen him act before, I felt that just like the sound of his character in "Son of Rambow" that he'd easily be able to pull Eustace of.

Not only was he able to do the role perfectly, he was the best thing of the movie! I loved his potrayal! He performed at top-notch skill a brat that's obnoxious and no one likes, and also suceed with the good side. Eustace was very funny, and he added a lot the the Narnia films. 5 out of 5 for him, and I'm anticipating seeing him again in SC! :D ;)

(By the way, this is probably my most wordy and descriptive post on here. )

Narnia Avatars and Siggies

Posted : December 18, 2010 1:20 pm
FencerforJesus
(@fencerforjesus)
NarniaWeb Guru

I noticed something interesting that may be just my imagination. After the last sword is placed and the Dark Island dissolved, Eustace swims back to the Dawn Treader as a human. His voice in that one shot does not have that beautiful English accent that he carries in both his bratty and redeemed sides. And the shot of him, actually makes me think of Noah Ringer, who played Aang in Last Airbender. I don't think Noah Ringer played as Will's stunt double, but something tells me that shot wasn't Will Poulter. Maybe we'll never know, until the DVD is out.

Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.

Posted : December 18, 2010 8:32 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

I don't think that if there was a mistake in vocals, it would be a simple as that. My guess is that a scene like that was ADR'd, which was a bit complicated for Will since his voice broke between filming and post production. I was told that the filmmakers just had to use what they had of him, but it's possible that they got someone to dub for that line, or tried to electronically correct it or whatever. It's not outside the realm of possibility.

Spareoom.net

Posted : December 19, 2010 2:04 am
check_the_gate
(@check_the_gate)
NarniaWeb Regular

Will Poulter *made* VDT a good movie. His portrayal of Eustace was spot on and, with a performance like that, I'm almost sure critics will love him. Which is good...because if people get used to/love Will, they'll encourage the production of SC.

By the way, did anyone else find his voice quite intriguing? It had a classic, annoying brat child quality to it. And his narration was brilliant!

"If you're going through hell...keep going"
~Winston Churchill

Posted : December 19, 2010 8:33 am
Clive Staples Sibelius
(@clive-staples-sibelius)
NarniaWeb Nut

For the most part, I thought Will Poulter was great as Eustace. There were moments where I thought he was too blustery and spit out his lines too quickly. But would I be happy to have him as Eustace in the next two stories with Eustace? Yes, definitely. :)

"Even in literature and art, no man who bothers about originality will ever be original: whereas if you simply try to tell the truth you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed."- CS Lewis

Posted : December 19, 2010 10:51 am
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think the rapidity was all part of making Eustace extra bratty/temper tantrum-my, especially in the scene where he faints at the talking minotaur. It just shows how upset he is to be taken out of his comfort zone.

Posted : December 19, 2010 3:22 pm
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

I hope he gets an Oscar award for being a great actor in VDT.

"Two sides of the same coin"

Posted : December 20, 2010 2:29 am
Page 4 / 13
Share: